Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:39 pm

You can only thank someone in threads that you started.  You only get one per thread and it gives +3 rep to the person you thank.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Djem Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:06 pm

^ I discovered something new on the discovery thread. Thanks Hugh.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:01 pm

No problemProper Bow
    DyingAce
    DyingAce
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DyingAce Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:12 pm

You can kick Giant Humanity enemies, well, the smallest at least.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:19 am

I just noticed the icons for both of the soulmass spells depict an asymmetrical alignment of the soulmasses.  I'm OCD enough to be bothered by this, but curiously not OCD enough to notice it before now.  :razz:  Asymmetry OP needs nerf!!!
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:33 am

Aww man, never noticed that before but GDI if I cant help but notice it now...
    Hate that sort of thing
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:26 pm

I discovered that Iron Golems grab attack has a ridiculously high hitbox and that he can not only throw you of the platform but also behind these Rocks with no means of escape...and if you don't immediately jump to die...well this could happen to you .

https://imgur.com/ZypV0CE
    https://imgur.com/tlL4XLS

And wasn't the ring of light always on the ground ?
    https://imgur.com/H8HlU53
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:17 pm

The butcher knife restores hp with each hit!
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:29 pm

smoughs hammer is actually a really good weapon destroyed artorias on NG++++ by myself with it, had a couple close calls but it usually staggers him with 2 hits and breaks him out of his powerup with 1
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Fire Tempest works on a plane and can jump ledges/gaps. I found this out by using it while on the Undead Burg brigde with the firebomb hollows. The fire columns spread to a nearby tower that is inaccessible. Pretty frikkin neat if you ask me.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 am

Discovered the other day that Shiva's Bodyguard has the Fire Surge pyromancy. I always kick him off the cliff, or backstab him to death quickly to face Shiva, so never paid much attention to him.

Edit: I also discovered that the Deprived class is actually good for something. An Artorias build.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:36 pm

i discovered that if your trying to be invaded in oolacile township that every invader there is a p**** and even if your by yourself they always ALWAYS run down into the enemies, on a related side note i figured out that if you and 2 buddies block the small stairs leading down side by side dressed in Steel Helm, Balder Armor/Leggings, brigand gauntlets, wolf ring, rofap, skspear, sksword, and iron round shield (aka dressed like a mutha f***in spartan) and dont move it confuses most invaders and they dont know what to do lol
    Akuro
    Akuro

Post by Akuro Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Just recently discovered the Great Hollow/Ash Lake on my NG+ playthrough.

God damn you obscure pathways.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Double illusory wall OP.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:41 pm

I think I've found a clue that concerns the so-called "phantom movements."

If you attempt to make a move when you don't have the stamina to perform it, the game will wait until  your stamina bar fully charges, then the move will be performed.

As near as I can tell with limited testing, if you perform an action before the stamina bar fully charges, the extra movement is cancelled.
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:16 am

So, i was in for some mule-action with a fellow, who's char had been ruined by a hacker. He was about to delete this one and i demanded a little trinket for my efforts. He was very mistrustful as for his recent experience and feared the loss of his precious gear. So we decided to do the transfer in two sessions. He summoned me in NLR and we had a little chat. Strange thing is, though we talked the same language, understanding was hard. So it took a very long turn to get all the stuff in. Afterwards, i had to cross over to the depths to deliver. Said, done. And though we had no connecting issues at all, it took good two hours to complete the task. I could hardly believe it. When finally all was done, i was up to receive my reward, mostly injury compensation for my patience.

And here comes the discovery:

Covenant of Artorias can not be traded
    Look Skyward

I thought i could join the DW with Sif alive. Seems i can't. That was a hard lesson to learn Prostration
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:22 am

Voices whispering in the Dukes archives.. had the tv on with surround sound nice and loud this weekend happy
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I think I've found a clue that concerns the so-called "phantom movements."

If you attempt to make a move when you don't have the stamina to perform it, the game will wait until  your stamina bar fully charges, then the move will be performed.

As near as I can tell with limited testing, if you perform an action before the stamina bar fully charges, the extra movement is cancelled.

I have a similar but slightly different theory.  I think only certain movements (notably rolls) are susceptible to this, and moreover require an additional input to trigger it, not just refreshed stamina.  In other words, if you try to roll with no stamina, and then wait until your stamina recovers, and then try to move in a particular direction, you will roll in that direction instead.  It could be because unlike most moves that don't seem to have this "phantom input" problem the roll requires a directional input (otherwise it's a backstep) and it thinks it didn't get one due to your lack of stamina.   So until you give that direction input with enough stamina the roll move is basically "stuck" waiting for that input.  Most other moves like parries, attacks etc only really require one input of some sort, so if you don't have the stamina the attempt just fails cleanly.

I still can't get this to work 100% consistently, but did have a pretty dramatic example recently when I was rolling around for larfs during a coop session.  After running out of stamina, I decided to swap weapons, so I went into inventory and changed some gear around.  A good 30 seconds later, I finally decided to move, and the moment I tried to move I instead did a roll.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:54 am

.......I never knew till just know that the Dragon Tooth can be buffed.....That was a nightmare fight.
    Silver Knight

Post by Silver Knight Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 am

Leroy won't invade you unless you've placed the lordvessel. Tried to fight him to get his set and do play through as Leeroy. Used master key to get astora's straight sword and get through catacombs and go through tomb of giants only to find he won't invade!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:19 am

Silver Knight wrote:Leroy won't invade you unless  you've  placed the lordvessel. Tried to  fight  him to get his set and  do  play  through as Leeroy. Used master key to get astora's straight sword and get through catacombs and go through tomb of giants only to find he won't invade!
    Even if he had invaded, his armour doesn't appear until Nito is defeated, which you need to place the Lordvessel for. :/
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 am

Dibsville wrote:
    Silver Knight wrote:Leroy won't invade you unless  you've  placed the lordvessel. Tried to  fight  him to get his set and  do  play  through as Leeroy. Used master key to get astora's straight sword and get through catacombs and go through tomb of giants only to find he won't invade!
    Even if he had invaded, his armour doesn't appear until Nito is defeated, which you need to place the Lordvessel for. :/

No, you only need to reload your game. And you can then access Nito's lair Gravelord style to get the armour.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Elifia wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:

No, you only need to reload your game. And you can then access Nito's lair Gravelord style to get the armour.

yea but how are you going to get to were leroy invades without placing the vessel he invades past the orange fog
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 pm

CarverUpqik wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:

yea but how are you going to get to were leroy invades without placing the vessel he invades past the orange fog

FTFY

Actually, he invades right in front of the fog. However, you cannot be invaded while the fog is up, because there is no boss to fight in that area while the fog is up. But you can get the armour without fighting Nito.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Elifia wrote:
    CarverUpqik wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:

FTFY

Actually, he invades right in front of the fog. However, you cannot be invaded while the fog is up, because there is no boss to fight in that area while the fog is up. But you can get the armour without fighting Nito.

the orange fog is always the first fog in the tomb on my game :/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am