Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
User1
Werdax
Animaaal
Dibsville
LunarFog
DemonOfFate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Flankydizzle
twigsterxd
Satoshi
14 posters

Is this a good challenge?

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Is this a good challenge? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good challenge?

Post by Dibsville Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:11 pm

We're going to be using the weapons in two hands a lot, so whether you like it or not, Broadsword will be better then the Longsword due to the larger stamina damage. Knight also has slight poise, allowing you to take one or two hits from some NPCs.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Knight is best ganker
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Let's just drop the Broadsword vs Longsword argument, they both have strengths and weaknesses.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:14 pm

My real issue with the knight is the fat roll. I can handle the mid-roll well but the fat roll ups the difficulty too much for me. If I mid-roll as a knight with no shield or helm I'm good. Otherwise I stick to the warrior.

Last edited by Soris Ice Goldwing on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Let's make the ultimate judgement the Broadsword is better for this.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:My real issue with the knight is the fat roll. I can handle the mid-roll well but the fat roll ups the difficulty too much for me. If I mid-roll as a knight with no shield or helm I'm good.

Casul noob
    Fat roll isn't too good, but it isn't too bad either, reminds me of the times i dodged 2 crystal soul spears and homing crystal poomass with fat roll
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:16 pm

I repeat. Stop arguing, it became pointless very quickly, and we should just drop the subject of what weapon is better.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:20 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:My real issue with the knight is the fat roll. I can handle the mid-roll well but the fat roll ups the difficulty too much for me. If I mid-roll as a knight with no shield or helm I'm good.

Casul noob
    Fat roll isn't too good, but it isn't too bad either, reminds me of the times i dodged 2 crystal soul spears and homing crystal poomass with fat roll
    Has it gotten easier? I haven't used that roll in a long time. Defense is still my thing to focus on though I know ways to get to Anor Londo without too much trouble. Unless I can't use a gift at the start. Can I?
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:22 pm

No gifts may be used. The Thief may not use their starting master key, and because you may not buy items. You may not acquire the master key from Dohmnall.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Satoshi wrote: I repeat. Stop arguing, it became pointless very quickly, and we should just drop the subject of what weapon is better.

ZWEIHANDER IS BEST WEAPON! *gets backstabbed by Satoshi, Dibsville, Renegade and Soris*
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:28 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    Satoshi wrote: I repeat. Stop arguing, it became pointless very quickly, and we should just drop the subject of what weapon is better.

ZWEIHANDER IS BEST WEAPON! *gets backstabbed by Satoshi, Dibsville, Renegade and Soris*

Please, do not say that, even as a joke, it is getting a little frustrating.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Warrior helmet has 5 poise so you can go otherwise butt naked and not be stunned by basic attacks.

Knight armor can be taken off to keep minimal poise and fast roll. BTW medium roll would make this challenge more impossible as you need to dodge everything perfectly.

Bandit has a decent weapon but it's one of those "if you miss..." you're in trouble. Imagine what happens if you miss trying to kill one of Capra's dogs.

At any rate I wish you guys luck. You may consider a punching bag by your tv for those frustrating moments. I've already toyed with un-upgraded challenges which is why I was adding my 2 cents as to what to expect, what's theoretically possible and what isn't. It took me nearly 3 minutes to take out Sif with an un-upgraded bandit's knife(and that's WITH bleed) and pine resin. Had I only used the knife it'd have been more like 5-6 easily. I never got hit by his normal attacks, but his hop away move where his legs can hit you will wear you down over time and it can't really be dodged reliably.

Oh one last downer from me. While RTS may help on the first couple of bosses (Taurus, Gargs, Capra) it won't be of much help later. A 50% bonus of pitiful damage is still only "less pitiful". If you're hitting a high defense boss for 15 then RTS only adds 7 damage and you now die with one mistake. The risk vs reward is skewed differently when you aren't multiplying an already high base damage.

Note: Challenge runs like this where you're given a choice often provokes discussion. It didn't really look like arguing to me as much as a bit of fun. Those who choose wisely will get further than those that make a poor choice based on faulty logic or planning. happy

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Then this is going to harder than I thought. Only because I have to go through the long way down in blightown. My nightmares of this place are going to be revisited.

Okay enough of the weapon debate/derailments everyone! It's not funny anymore!
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:35 pm

Well, I am loving your standpoints and I can't make any arguments to tell the truth.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:39 pm

I can't really argue any of that. I find it too useful to speak against it under the circumstance of this challenge.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Dibsville wrote:I'm choosing the Broadsword over the Longsword for the higher stamina damage and the better moveset, the stab takes too much stamina to be viable in this challenge. Plus, the 2H Longsword has the same moveset as the Broadsword.
    WAIT! If you using the OP's rules you can't change weapons.
    Also, good luck on this. Keep us posted on how it goes. I'd like to see how you're doin.
    The only other ring that should be allowed is that orange one, (think it's charcoal ring), the one for the lava. As I said before, that's gonna be a nightmare too.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:07 pm

twigsterxd wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:I'm choosing the Broadsword over the Longsword for the higher stamina damage and the better moveset, the stab takes too much stamina to be viable in this challenge. Plus, the 2H Longsword has the same moveset as the Broadsword.
    WAIT! If you using the OP's rules you can't change weapons.
    Also, good luck on this. Keep us posted on how it goes. I'd like to see how you're doin.
    The only other ring that should be allowed is that orange one, (think it's charcoal ring), the one for the lava. As I said before, that's gonna be a nightmare too.
    Starting as a Knight means I get Broadsword as a starting weapon, not Longsword.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:21 pm

I realized after I posted and read pages 5 & 6 lol. You guys confused me when you started talking bout broad sword/long sword best weapon.
    There is NO best weapon in this game. The best weapon is the one you're comfortable with. For me I like q's fury. But, i'm trying something new. The best starter weapon, (for me), is the mace because it has the highest AR of 100 I think.
    It just depends on how you play the game
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 pm

twigsterxd wrote:I realized after I posted and read pages 5 & 6 lol. You guys confused me when you started talking bout broad sword/long sword best weapon.
    There is NO best weapon in this game. The best weapon is the one you're comfortable with. For me I like q's fury. But, i'm trying something new. The best starter weapon, (for me), is the mace because it has the highest AR of 100 I think.
    It just depends on how you play the game
    We know there is no 'best' weapon, we just like the Broadsword. It has a good moveset, fast attacks, and high stamina damage. On top of that it has great attack power and looks cool in general. I know for a fact me and Renegade's playstyle differ, yet we still like Broadsword. It's more of a "It's better then this" thing than a "This is the strongest weapon in the entire game" thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 am