Is this a good challenge?

    Share

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by User1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 pm

    >Used to think Broadsword was terrible
    >Took me and Rynn to prove you wrong
    >Get gud

    Besides, Broadsword is better in every aspect, if anyone else is trying this, Broadsword is the way to go.

    Hold up..
    You're watching me?
    That's creepy. sad
    avatar
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2013-03-16
    Location : Japan

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Satoshi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:51 pm

    I would still prefer the Longsword. The Knights' armor is not my favorite. Also, even though the higher hp outweighs the small amount of stamina, I think I might still be able to manage with a Warrior.

    Oh, and I have always been watching you...right behind your back...

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by User1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:52 pm

    B B B B Broadsword!

    Besides, my back is always to a wall.
    avatar
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2013-03-16
    Location : Japan

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Satoshi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:B B B B Broadsword!

    What do you mean? That stuttered sentence is confusing.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:54 pm

    I'd use the Warrior if not for the Knight having the Broadsword. I don't like the Knights' armour much either, but I'll only be using the legs anyway as anything more will cause me to have mid roll.

    Can we use Rings?


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2013-03-16
    Location : Japan

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Satoshi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:55 pm

    Dibsville wrote:I'd use the Warrior if not for the Knight having the Broadsword. I don't like the Knights' armour much either, but I'll only be using the legs anyway as anything more will cause me to have mid roll.

    Can we use Rings?

    Only the Red Tearstone Ring may be used.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by User1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm

    Broadsword is best sword. End of.
    Also, as long as we are allowed +5 weaponry, I think I shall try this.
    avatar
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 251
    Reputation : 66
    Join date : 2012-02-17

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by vageta31 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:57 pm

    Don't underestimate the bandit knife. It's the only starting weapon with bleed and that alone will make it the highest dps un-upgraded weapon against bosses that can be bled out. This includes O&S, Sif and quite a few others.

    Also if you're allowing resins then faster weapons are better specifically for this challenge. Since it adds a flat damage increase that will be higher than the weapon itself, the faster the weapon the better.


    _________________
    Dark Souls challenge playthroughs, pvp and educational guides:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/vageta311
    avatar
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2013-03-16
    Location : Japan

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Satoshi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:58 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:Broadsword is best sword. End of.
    Also, as long as we are allowed +5 weaponry, I think I shall try this.

    You alone may have +4, not +5...I kid of course. Also, you are unable to force your opinions of the Broadsword on me.
    avatar
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 19
    Location : I'm homeless

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by ResIsBestStat on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:58 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:>Used to think Broadsword was terrible
    >Took me and Rynn to prove you wrong
    >Get gud

    Besides, Broadsword is better in every aspect, if anyone else is trying this, Broadsword is the way to go.

    Hold up..
    You're watching me?
    That's creepy. sad

    Song: The rival
    I ALWAYS WANTED MY OWN RIVAL
    I ALWAYS FIGHT WITH HIM
    WE CHOOSE WHO IS THE BETTER IN INSANITY
    AND I HE ALWAYS WINS
    I ALSO WATCH HIM WHILE HE'S SLEEPING...
    THAT'S NOT
    CREEPY
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 pm

    vageta31 wrote:Don't underestimate the bandit knife. It's the only starting weapon with bleed and that alone will make it the highest dps un-upgraded weapon against bosses that can be bled out. This includes O&S, Sif and quite a few others.

    Also if you're allowing resins then faster weapons are better specifically for this challenge. Since it adds a flat damage increase that will be higher than the weapon itself, the faster the weapon the better.
    Yes, this done make it much easier throughout certain bosses, but others will be more of a problem with it. It's going to take more than a few hits to take out the Capra's dogs, Gwyn can not be parried (as said in the OP), and Four Kings will only be harder with such a weak weapon. If Resin is allowed, I'll most likely go with Thief, but otherwise Knight or Bandit seems to be the best option.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by User1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 pm

    It is the best fudging sword in the whole game.
    Scratch that, best weapon.

    I am perfectly capable of doing so..
    avatar
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 19
    Location : I'm homeless

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by ResIsBestStat on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:00 pm

    Reneage go to page 4, check last post
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:01 pm

    Please stop.
    Also Vageta, rule 7 says we can not use buffs.
    I know you've done some pretty insane challenges, but this one is godworthy. If anyone can complete it will be you.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2013-03-16
    Location : Japan

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Satoshi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:01 pm

    ResIsBestStat wrote:
    Song: The rival
    I ALWAYS WANTED MY OWN RIVAL
    I ALWAYS FIGHT WITH HIM
    WE CHOOSE WHO IS THE BETTER IN INSANITY
    AND I HE ALWAYS WINS
    I ALSO WATCH HIM WHILE HE'S SLEEPING...
    THAT'S NOT
    CREEPY

    vageta31 wrote:Don't underestimate the bandit knife. It's the only starting weapon with bleed and that alone will make it the highest dps un-upgraded weapon against bosses that can be bled out. This includes O&S, Sif and quite a few others.

    Also if you're allowing resins then faster weapons are better specifically for this challenge. Since it adds a flat damage increase that will be higher than the weapon itself, the faster the weapon the better.

    I agree, it is not creepy at all. Oh, and Vageta, I do agree with you about the Bandit Knife's bleed, but that will ultimately take quite a bit of challenge away from the run because without bleed, you will be able to savor the fight...and sometimes die...but learn...and die...I do recommend the Bandit Knife, but personally, I would not use it for personal preferences. I do see your point though, do not get me wrong.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by User1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:01 pm

    Your song is totally creeping me out.
    This challenge is degrading, no +5. sad
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:02 pm

    Satoshi wrote:
    ResIsBestStat wrote:
    Song: The rival
    I ALWAYS WANTED MY OWN RIVAL
    I ALWAYS FIGHT WITH HIM
    WE CHOOSE WHO IS THE BETTER IN INSANITY
    AND I HE ALWAYS WINS
    I ALSO WATCH HIM WHILE HE'S SLEEPING...
    THAT'S NOT
    CREEPY

    vageta31 wrote:Don't underestimate the bandit knife. It's the only starting weapon with bleed and that alone will make it the highest dps un-upgraded weapon against bosses that can be bled out. This includes O&S, Sif and quite a few others.

    Also if you're allowing resins then faster weapons are better specifically for this challenge. Since it adds a flat damage increase that will be higher than the weapon itself, the faster the weapon the better.

    I agree, it is not creepy at all. Oh, and Vageta, I do agree with you about the Bandit Knife's bleed, but that will ultimately take quite a bit of challenge away from the run because without bleed, you will be able to savor the fight...and sometimes die...but learn...and die...I do recommend the Bandit Knife, but personally, I would not use it for personal preferences. I do see your point though, do not get me wrong.
    The Bandit's Knife will only help with certain bosses. Others, such as Capra, will actually be harder with the Bandit's Knife.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 19
    Location : I'm homeless

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by ResIsBestStat on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:03 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Satoshi wrote:
    ResIsBestStat wrote:
    Song: The rival
    I ALWAYS WANTED MY OWN RIVAL
    I ALWAYS FIGHT WITH HIM
    WE CHOOSE WHO IS THE BETTER IN INSANITY
    AND I HE ALWAYS WINS
    I ALSO WATCH HIM WHILE HE'S SLEEPING...
    THAT'S NOT
    CREEPY

    vageta31 wrote:Don't underestimate the bandit knife. It's the only starting weapon with bleed and that alone will make it the highest dps un-upgraded weapon against bosses that can be bled out. This includes O&S, Sif and quite a few others.

    Also if you're allowing resins then faster weapons are better specifically for this challenge. Since it adds a flat damage increase that will be higher than the weapon itself, the faster the weapon the better.

    I agree, it is not creepy at all. Oh, and Vageta, I do agree with you about the Bandit Knife's bleed, but that will ultimately take quite a bit of challenge away from the run because without bleed, you will be able to savor the fight...and sometimes die...but learn...and die...I do recommend the Bandit Knife, but personally, I would not use it for personal preferences. I do see your point though, do not get me wrong.
    The Bandit's Knife will only help with certain bosses. Others, such as Capra, will actually be harder with the Bandit's Knife.

    This. I nearly ragequit Capra in my dagger only playthrough
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 pm

    I'm not saying Capra will be hard, I'm saying he will be harder. With the Red Tearstone, this fight will be very easy if the dogs cooperate.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2013-03-16
    Location : Japan

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Satoshi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 pm

    I have heard that there was a way to fight Capra without getting the attention of the dogs, can anyone confirm that?
    avatar
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 19
    Location : I'm homeless

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by ResIsBestStat on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:06 pm

    Satoshi wrote: I have heard that there was a way to fight Capra without getting the attention of the dogs, can anyone confirm that?

    Yep, but you need Fog ring or hidden body for that

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by User1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:06 pm

    Firebomb spam over the boss gate.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:07 pm

    Fog Ring or Hidden Body will cause the dogs to stay where they are. The Capra, being a boss enemy, will attack you.
    You can also kill him with Firebombs without even going in the fog gate.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 438
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2013-03-16
    Location : Japan

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Satoshi on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 pm

    ...Oh...well, the dogs might be easy to get rid of with the right tactics. I was thinking of leading Capra up the stairs and with the delay, jump off and hit the dogs until he/she/it came down and I would repeat it, maybe using kicks to get the dogs off.

    Edit: Firebombs are not allowed to be used because they are a form of ranged combat.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:09 pm

    I do have to agree that the broadsword is a better starting weapon, better than the longsword. If I had to I start out as a knight just for the broadsword. Though the warrior seems better balanced in the melee area than the knight.


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Is this a good challenge?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 am