Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
DE5PA1R
reim0027
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Slarg232
Dibsville
Nybbles
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
T-King-667
Werdax
hey its andres
16 posters

Off to Balder

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Off to Balder - Page 4 Empty Re: Off to Balder

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 am

There are also still discussions over whether Berinike is a land, or a King, or perhaps both.

If I can site Star Wars for a second.

*** YES I CAN USE STAR WARS!

Mandalore, leader of the Mandalorians, often spends time on the capital planet of the Mandalorians. Which is called Mandalore also.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 am

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:Who do they trade with? The friendly farmers from the demon ruins? The gentel cattle herders from the valley of the drakes? Do they sell mosquito meet to the well mannered butchered of the lovely paradise known as the depths?

One another.
    So the mosquitos trade poison stings to the blow dart men in exchange for poison darts? Interesting. Oh lets not forgot how great those dung pies that the orgres sell to the blow dart men so they can get the toxic tips on their darts!

#obvioustrolisobvious
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 am

Knights of Berenike were probably a troop from Balder.

What Jon says about Balder being overrun is accurate. I don't know why everyone's convinced I'm a troll just because I'm disagreeing.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:45 am

Tolvo wrote:There are also still discussions over whether Berinike is a land, or a King, or perhaps both.

If I can site Star Wars for a second.

*** YES I CAN USE STAR WARS!

Mandalore, leader of the Mandalorians, often spends time on the capital planet of the Mandalorians. Which is called Mandalore also.
    Interesting. w see a berenique knight with a balder knight in dark anor londo. what if berenique is a province within, or a person who lives in balder?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:47 am

That's always an issue with Dark Souls, we have no *** clue about the actual geography, and territories. Thorolund, Balder, Berinike, Astora, could technically be a part of Lordran since we don't actually know the limits of Lordran. I do hope in Dark Souls 2 they are a bit more clear on the nations.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:47 am

DE5PA1R wrote:Knights of Berenike were probably a troop from Balder.

What Jon says about Balder being overrun is accurate. I don't know why everyone's convinced I'm a troll just because I'm disagreeing.

It's how you go about it mate, seriously, re-read your comments and try to say you didn't come out like a douche.

Also regarding what you said about knight rendal, i suppose you are right about that much, but doesn't what happen in Lordran stay in lordran? Then how did the info get out that he slashed a drake to pieces?
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:53 am

Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:Who do they trade with? The friendly farmers from the demon ruins? The gentel cattle herders from the valley of the drakes? Do they sell mosquito meet to the well mannered butchered of the lovely paradise known as the depths?

One another.
    So the mosquitos trade poison stings to the blow dart men in exchange for poison darts? Interesting. Oh lets not forgot how great those dung pies that the orgres sell to the blow dart men so they can get the toxic tips on their darts!

#obvioustrolisobvious

Eingyi is a merchant. So yes, obviously the residents of Blighttown trade.

Furthermore, Miners have... whatever they mine. Egg guys have vermifuges. Blow dart guys have mosses. Fat guys have poop. A few residents have catalyst-wand-things, which indicates caste or social system. Some residents have broken swords.

Swords, vermifuges and mosses aren't found in Blighttown.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:54 am

DemonOfFate wrote:

It's how you go about it mate, seriously, re-read your comments and try to say you didn't come out like a douche.

Also regarding what you said about knight rendal, i suppose you are right about that much, but doesn't what happen in Lordran stay in lordran? Then how did the info get out that he slashed a drake to pieces?

I heard from epic namebro that he killed a giant drake. Or maybe he died fighting a giant drake. I dont remember. al I know is that he fought a giant drake.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:56 am

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

One another.

#obvioustrolisobvious

Furthermore, Miners have... whatever they mine. Egg guys have vermifuges. Blow dart guys have mosses. Fat guys have poop. A few residents have catalyst-wand-things, which indicates caste or social system. Some residents have broken swords.

The question is DO they trade, not can they. I mean, have you seen how they look? They roar and from what i've seen, just stand in the swamps all day every day. Anyways, applying that they trade when there is no proof. Also Eingyi is a merchant, but if you think about it hes in the Demon Ruins, and just because one somewhat sane guy lives in a town, does that make it a civilization?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:56 am

"This ring belonged to the Knight King Rendal. It grants its wearer protection by boosting
    defence against physical attacks. Of the many legends surrounding the Knight King Rendal,
    one of the more well-known speaks of his standing down a giant drake and slashing it to pieces."

I should mention such a feat is probably impossible, especially for someone who could not get past the Iron Golem.

Ever fought the bridge Wyvern, essentially a larger version of the Drakes found in game. Go ahead, try to slash it to pieces. Ain't easy.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:57 am

DemonOfFate wrote:It's how you go about it mate, seriously, re-read your comments and try to say you didn't come out like a douche.

I don't think that's a safe assumption. The gods, for example, left Lordran. So do Sieglinde and Siegmeyer.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:57 am

munching on popcorn...
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:58 am

Johnthethird wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote:

I heard from epic namebro that he killed a giant drake. Or maybe he died fighting a giant drake. I dont remember. al I know is that he fought a giant drake.

hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:00 am

Animaal has the right idea!
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:01 am

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote:

I've got to agree with Despair on this one if hes thinking what i'm thinking. Don't bring ENB into this, yes he is a awesome guy and makes pretty good lore videos, and while all his speculation is on somewhat based upon facts, i don't like it when people quote what he says and make it sound like a fact.

There is no proof the drake he fought was giant, just that he slashed it to pieces, just as there is no proof that he did it in balder as despair pointed out. Also sorry but i'm kinda fed up with ENB fans right now.

Edit: In fact, there is no proof he killed a drake at all, they say it was a legend, not a fact.

Edit again: I'm sorry you are right, in legend he did face a giant drake, sorry about that.

Last edited by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:02 am

Animaaal wrote:munching on popcorn...
    Yes. I assume that Despair's trolling must be entertaining people quite a bit.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:04 am

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

One another.

#obvioustrolisobvious

You don't understand my sarcasm. Just because they have materials that they could give eachother, that does not mean they can trade. All they do is stand in one place, and wait for a non-hollow such as yourself to wander bye. Then they merecelessly attack that non-hollow until he is dead, and then they go back to standing there like the mindless hollows they are.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:05 am

DemonOfFate wrote: The question is DO they trade, not can they. I mean, have you seen how they look? They roar and from what i've seen, just stand in the swamps all day every day. Anyways, applying that they trade when there is no proof. Also Eingyi is a merchant, but if you think about it hes in the Demon Ruins, and just because one somewhat sane guy lives in a town, does that make it a civilization?

I think it's definitely possible they trade, and therefore we can't say for certain that they're uncivilized.

I think the fact that they stand in the same spot is a gameplay mechanic. The miners must have mining equipment on them for a reason, and the blow dart guys must have gotten the moss from somewhere.

Eingyi lives next to Quelaan, yes, but he was originally a resident of Blighttown like the rest of the egg-bearers.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:06 am

Tolvo wrote:"This ring belonged to the Knight King Rendal. It grants its wearer protection by boosting
    defence against physical attacks. Of the many legends surrounding the Knight King Rendal,
    one of the more well-known speaks of his standing down a giant drake and slashing it to pieces."

I should mention such a feat is probably impossible, especially for someone who could not get past the Iron Golem.

Ever fought the bridge Wyvern, essentially a larger version of the Drakes found in game. Go ahead, try to slash it to pieces. Ain't easy.
    Thank you. I remember that now. I agree it must have been exagerated just like all tall tales are. But it is most likely that he did fight and kill a giant drake. He probably didn't just charge at it and cut it up though.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:07 am

DE5PA1R wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote: The question is DO they trade, not can they. I mean, have you seen how they look? They roar and from what i've seen, just stand in the swamps all day every day. Anyways, applying that they trade when there is no proof. Also Eingyi is a merchant, but if you think about it hes in the Demon Ruins, and just because one somewhat sane guy lives in a town, does that make it a civilization?

I think it's definitely possible they trade, and therefore we can't say for certain that they're uncivilized.

I think the fact that they stand in the same spot is a gameplay mechanic. The miners must have mining equipment on them for a reason, and the blow dart guys must have gotten the moss from somewhere.

Eingyi lives next to Quelaan, yes, but he was originally a resident of Blighttown like the rest of the egg-bearers.

They have their mining equipment and blow darts for the same reason the hollowed soldiers have their swords. Its what they had when they went hollow. I have no doubt they could have traded at one point, but now they do not.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 am

DE5PA1R wrote:

Again, this is why i love dark souls, there's no clear cut anwser, just speculation. I think that they are not civilized, i think at one point they were a thriving civilization, but i don't think they are one anymore.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 am

Sun LORDRAN FOR THE WIN!!!!! Sun

Seriously...would that really surprise anyone?
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:10 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Sun LORDRAN FOR THE WIN!!!!! Sun

Seriously...would that really surprise anyone?

It would surprise me, because i believe the developer stated we aren't going to be in lordran this time around.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:12 am

Johnthethird wrote:They have their mining equipment and blow darts for the same reason the hollowed soldiers have their swords. Its what they had when they went hollow. I have no doubt they could have traded at one point, but now they do not.

Prove it. Prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they absolutely 100% do not trade at all ever. If you can't, then you must admit that there's a possibility that Blighttown is civilized.

(Nobody said thriving, btw, that's pretty preposterous).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:13 am

Exactly!

Not this time, a time in the past, a later time! The past and future but not the present which we know as Lordran!

Wouldn't it be great if my tired/drunk ramblings ended up being right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 pm