Off to Balder

    Share
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:10 am

    hey its andres wrote:Does someone need any tampons? ❤

    I don't know, do you?


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:11 am

    He may just be having a bad night or there may be some other factor. Stress, family, etc. Sometimes people are in a foul mood and come on to vent in a negative way, hell I've done it. If that is the case I just hope he calms down and doesn't get held to his moment of being in an emotional state. It happens to us all.

    I personally think this game may take place in Lordran, but perhaps not the Lordran we know. It's a bit early on so I like to go with the wild speculation first, the idea of the game taking place in both past and future Lordran, but not what is present during Dark Souls.

    Andres please do not make me politely ask you to click on the link in my signature in a calm voice. I swear I'm this close to using my calm voice.

    But seriously don't feed the fire.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:11 am

    hey its andres wrote:Clams and a hydra wild creatures? From software made the plot interpretable and ambiguous? No one knows for sure what happened? No no and no.


    lol!

    Its my belief that a hyrda forms after a very powerful dragon or dragons die. Take the ash lake for example. We know that many dragons died there, and there is a hydra. In the forest, a hydra apears where the dragon kalmeet dies.

    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:16 am

    Tolvo wrote:He may just be having a bad night or there may be some other factor. Stress, family, etc. Sometimes people are in a foul mood and come on to vent in a negative way, hell I've done it. If that is the case I just hope he calms down and doesn't get held to his moment of being in an emotional state. It happens to us all.

    Sure is professional to single me out. I'd be much more calm if we all acknowledged that the OP's argument is laughably bad.

    I personally think this game may take place in Lordran, but perhaps not the Lordran we know. It's a bit early on so I like to go with the wild speculation first, the idea of the game taking place in both past and future Lordran, but not what is present during Dark Souls.

    The devs have confirmed that Dark Souls 2 takes place on the opposite side of the world from Lordran, at least figuratively speaking.

    But seriously don't feed the fire.

    Better yet, come prepared to defend your argument.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:17 am

    Johnthethird wrote:

    Its my belief that a hyrda forms after a very powerful dragon or dragons die. Take the ash lake for example. We know that many dragons died there, and there is a hydra. In the forest, a hydra apears where the dragon kalmeet dies.


    Oh no I'm making fun of the 6 year old's tantrum.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:17 am

    Tolvo wrote:He may just be having a bad night or there may be some other factor. Stress, family, etc. Sometimes people are in a foul mood and come on to vent in a negative way, hell I've done it. If that is the case I just hope he calms down and doesn't get held to his moment of being in an emotional state. It happens to us all.

    I personally think this game may take place in Lordran, but perhaps not the Lordran we know. It's a bit early on so I like to go with the wild speculation first, the idea of the game taking place in both past and future Lordran, but not what is present during Dark Souls.

    Andres please do not make me politely ask you to click on the link in my signature in a calm voice. I swear I'm this close to using my calm voice.

    But seriously don't feed the fire.

    Some of the responses he makes though makes me highly doubt that he is being serious though. He seems to think that the members of blight town are all good honest hard working decent folk who go and turn into wild beasts and mindlessly attack you because they think you are going to loot one of the corpses on the ground.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:19 am

    Johnthethird wrote:Some of the responses he makes though makes me highly doubt that he is being serious though. He seems to think that the members of blight town are all good honest hard working decent folk who go and turn into wild beasts and mindlessly attack you because they think you are going to loot one of the corpses on the ground.

    Of course they attack you. You're an Undead. Everyone attacks Undead. They serve the same function as pinatas.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:22 am

    Well he's confusing "civilization" and "ecosystem." Yes there are animalistic people, ferocious beasts, and bloodsucking mosquitoes, but this alone does not make it a civilization. Dictionary.reference.com defines civilization as
    "an advanced state of human society, in which a high level of culture, science, industry, and government has been reached." Emphasis on "advanced state." This means that there can be uncivilized people. Lord of the Flies anyone?


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:23 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:Some of the responses he makes though makes me highly doubt that he is being serious though. He seems to think that the members of blight town are all good honest hard working decent folk who go and turn into wild beasts and mindlessly attack you because they think you are going to loot one of the corpses on the ground.

    Of course they attack you. You're an Undead. Everyone attacks Undead. They serve the same function as pinatas.
    But when you aren't there, they are all not standing in the same place waiting for you to come within 5 feet of you right? They are all running around their business tending to the crops, holding city council meetings, and just enjoying their cheerful civilian lives in the wonderful paradise of blight town.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:26 am

    DE5PA1R wrote: Of course they attack you. You're an Undead. Everyone attacks Undead. They serve the same function as pinatas.

    You just used an absolute, which is a form of logical fallacy. Anastacia of Astora, the Crestfallen Warrior, Dusk of Oolacile, Gwynevere, Princess of Sunlight, Hawkeye Gough, Knight Lautrec of Carim, Lady of the Darkling, Lord's Blade Ciaran, Marvellous Chester (arguably), Oscar, Knight of Astora, Petrus of Thorolund, Quelaag's Sister, Quelana of Izalith, Rhea of Thorolund, Vince and Nico of Thorolund, Sieglinde of Catarina, Siegmeyer of Catarina, and Solaire of Astora are all people who do not attack you because you are undead.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:27 am

    And let me point out that Sigmyer's daughter is not undead.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:28 am

    An even better point, thank you John. happy


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:33 am

    Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:Some of the responses he makes though makes me highly doubt that he is being serious though. He seems to think that the members of blight town are all good honest hard working decent folk who go and turn into wild beasts and mindlessly attack you because they think you are going to loot one of the corpses on the ground.

    Of course they attack you. You're an Undead. Everyone attacks Undead. They serve the same function as pinatas.
    But when you aren't there, they are all not standing in the same place waiting for you to come within 5 feet of you right? They are all running around their business tending to the crops, holding city council meetings, and just enjoying their cheerful civilian lives in the wonderful paradise of blight town.

    They trade, have an economy and have some sort of caste/status system. They have a firekeeper. They mine. They maintain a very complex mechanical lift. They own pets. Do you have a fire-breathing dog?

    Nobody's arguing that Blighttown isn't ****. Obviously it's a terrible place. That's irrelevant to whether or not it's civilized though.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 am

    Despair i find your argument flawed in so many ways. What he is saying is that it might take place in balder because there's drakes /dragons in Balder from item descriptions. You say that there are three astora knights dead by the undead dragon IN LORDRAN! NOT ASTORA!

    So therefore we don't know if Dragons are in Astora, and now that i think about it nothing confirms that there are dragons in Vinheim. Yes Dragons play an important role there but they never say there are dragons THERE. They merely apply that Sorcerers tend to envy dragons or something like that.

    Also, a civilization is a group of people who act in a manner that is productive and helpful to them, they have some form of laws/rules. Blightown is not civil, they don't have laws, the beasts there aren't productive, its not civil.

    Edit: Reading what you just posted i have a high feeling you are drunk, or trolling.



    Last edited by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by reim0027 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Yes, you are an obvious troll. Also an *** and a *** idiot.
    If you disagree with someone, there are better ways of discussing it than calling them an idiot.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 am

    hey its andres wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote: Of course they attack you. You're an Undead. Everyone attacks Undead. They serve the same function as pinatas.

    You just used an absolute, which is a form of logical fallacy.

    lol no it isn't. Nice try (?)

    Anastacia of Astora, the Crestfallen Warrior, Dusk of Oolacile, Gwynevere, Princess of Sunlight, Hawkeye Gough, Knight Lautrec of Carim, Lady of the Darkling, Lord's Blade Ciaran, Marvellous Chester (arguably), Oscar, Knight of Astora, Petrus of Thorolund, Quelaag's Sister, Quelana of Izalith, Rhea of Thorolund, Vince and Nico of Thorolund, Sieglinde of Catarina, Siegmeyer of Catarina, and Solaire of Astora are all people who do not attack you because you are undead.

    Technically that's correct, but you're missing the point and misunderstanding common speaking terms.

    Also, do you seriously not know that Gwynevere is an illusion? Christ...


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 am

    By the way, I think it should be mentioned that we have yet to see any armor that resembles the sets belonging to Knights of Balder. Nor have we seen weaponry in line with their arsenal.
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Slarg232 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:37 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:Some of the responses he makes though makes me highly doubt that he is being serious though. He seems to think that the members of blight town are all good honest hard working decent folk who go and turn into wild beasts and mindlessly attack you because they think you are going to loot one of the corpses on the ground.

    Of course they attack you. You're an Undead. Everyone attacks Undead. They serve the same function as pinatas.
    But when you aren't there, they are all not standing in the same place waiting for you to come within 5 feet of you right? They are all running around their business tending to the crops, holding city council meetings, and just enjoying their cheerful civilian lives in the wonderful paradise of blight town.

    They trade, have an economy and have some sort of caste/status system. They have a firekeeper. They mine. They maintain a very complex mechanical lift. They own pets. Do you have a fire-breathing dog?

    Nobody's arguing that Blighttown isn't ****. Obviously it's a terrible place. That's irrelevant to whether or not it's civilized though.
    You are forgetting one very important detail; EVERYONE except Sieglinde is undead in Lordran. So they aren't attacking you due to you being undead, they are attacking you because THEY are undead.


    _________________


    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:38 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:Some of the responses he makes though makes me highly doubt that he is being serious though. He seems to think that the members of blight town are all good honest hard working decent folk who go and turn into wild beasts and mindlessly attack you because they think you are going to loot one of the corpses on the ground.

    Of course they attack you. You're an Undead. Everyone attacks Undead. They serve the same function as pinatas.
    But when you aren't there, they are all not standing in the same place waiting for you to come within 5 feet of you right? They are all running around their business tending to the crops, holding city council meetings, and just enjoying their cheerful civilian lives in the wonderful paradise of blight town.

    They trade, have an economy and have some sort of caste/status system. They have a firekeeper. They mine. They maintain a very complex mechanical lift. They own pets. Do you have a fire-breathing dog?

    Nobody's arguing that Blighttown isn't ****. Obviously it's a terrible place. That's irrelevant to whether or not it's civilized though.
    Who do they trade with? The friendly farmers from the demon ruins? The gentel cattle herders from the valley of the drakes? Do they sell mosquito meet to the well mannered butchered of the lovely paradise known as the depths?
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:38 am

    DemonOfFate wrote: Despair i find your argument flawed in so many ways. What he is saying is that it might take place in balder because there's drakes /dragons in Balder from item descriptions. You say that there are three astora knights dead by the undead dragon IN LORDRAN! NOT ASTORA!

    So therefore we don't know if Dragons are in Astora, and now that i think about it nothing confirms that there are dragons in Vinheim. Yes Dragons play an important role there but they never say there are dragons THERE. They merely apply that Sorcerers tend to envy dragons or something like that.

    What? There is no reason to believe that Rendal encountered a drake in Balder.

    Also, a civilization is a group of people who act in a manner that is productive and helpful to them, they have some form of laws/rules. Blightown is not civil, they don't have laws, the beasts there aren't productive, its not civil.

    Edit: Reading what you just posted i have a high feeling you are drunk, or trolling.


    Neither.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 am

    Slarg232 wrote:You are forgetting one very important detail; EVERYONE except Sieglinde is undead in Lordran. So they aren't attacking you due to you being undead, they are attacking you because THEY are undead.

    No. See Lloyd's Talisman etc.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:......Dragon Greatsword:

    This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons,
    came from the tail of the stone dragon of
    Ash Lake, descendant of the ancient dragons.

    Its great mystical power will be unleashed
    when wielded with two hands.
    ........

    Ah well ****. I was positive it said something like that somewhere. I was kinda just kidding around anyway.

    I just like to make fun of the *** up lore lol. Remeber when the Homeward Bone Miracle (or whatever) had the item description of the Pine Resin or something lol.

    Half the time I think FROM just makes it up as they go along.

    I think the only reason the lore gets so complicated is because of us.

    I bet Dark Souls 2 will actually be in Lordran. We'll all be like, "but you guys said...." and they'll all be like, "pendant!......>.<.....,,|,"
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 am

    DemonOfFate wrote: Despair i find your argument flawed in so many ways. What he is saying is that it might take place in balder because there's drakes /dragons in Balder from item descriptions. You say that there are three astora knights dead by the undead dragon IN LORDRAN! NOT ASTORA!

    So therefore we don't know if Dragons are in Astora, and now that i think about it nothing confirms that there are dragons in Vinheim. Yes Dragons play an important role there but they never say there are dragons THERE. They merely apply that Sorcerers tend to envy dragons or something like that.

    Also, a civilization is a group of people who act in a manner that is productive and helpful to them, they have some form of laws/rules. Blightown is not civil, they don't have laws, the beasts there aren't productive, its not civil.

    Edit: Reading what you just posted i have a high feeling you are drunk, or trolling.

    Thank you for helping. Also If I may, Id like to add on that balder is the only place in the game that we know to have been overrun by the undead. I think that is pretty important.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:41 am

    Johnthethird wrote:Who do they trade with? The friendly farmers from the demon ruins? The gentel cattle herders from the valley of the drakes? Do they sell mosquito meet to the well mannered butchered of the lovely paradise known as the depths?

    One another.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:42 am

    Johnthethird wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote: Despair i find your argument flawed in so many ways. What he is saying is that it might take place in balder because there's drakes /dragons in Balder from item descriptions. You say that there are three astora knights dead by the undead dragon IN LORDRAN! NOT ASTORA!

    So therefore we don't know if Dragons are in Astora, and now that i think about it nothing confirms that there are dragons in Vinheim. Yes Dragons play an important role there but they never say there are dragons THERE. They merely apply that Sorcerers tend to envy dragons or something like that.

    Also, a civilization is a group of people who act in a manner that is productive and helpful to them, they have some form of laws/rules. Blightown is not civil, they don't have laws, the beasts there aren't productive, its not civil.

    Edit: Reading what you just posted i have a high feeling you are drunk, or trolling.

    Thank you for helping. Also If I may, Id like to add on that balder is the only place in the game that we know to have been overrun by the undead. I think that is pretty important.

    Despair before you comment on this let me say. They say Berenike had an undead outbreak, they never state that it was overrun by undead, unlike balder.


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members

    Sponsored content

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 pm