Off to Balder

    Share
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 am

    I am quite certain that the next game will take place in balder, and here is why.

    First of all, balder is the only land we know of that is overrun with the undead. This would bake sense with dark souls because if the land was not in an anarchical undead state, there would be living civilians running around, and it would look like skyrim, and there would be human enemies who die permanently.

    Second of all, In balder they have the knight king Rendel who went and fought a giant drake, and something that seems to be a big theme here is drakes and dragons.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:36 am

    They have said the dragons will play a crucial role. Hm, something that has continued to intrigue me was when they said they don't want to give away the name because it is very key to the game.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 210
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-03-13
    Age : 23

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Werdax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:14 am

    A fair guess as any other. I do like your points.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:47 am

    Werdax wrote:A fair guess as any other. I do like your points.
    thanks
    avatar
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 687
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-06
    Age : 25
    Location : Sens fortress

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by T-King-667 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:40 am

    hey its andres wrote:They have said the dragons will play a crucial role. Hm, something that has continued to intrigue me was when they said they don't want to give away the name because it is very key to the game.
    If thats the case then its deff a place weve heard of. If it wasent they would give out the name and wed never know where it is or what its about.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:17 pm

    Johnthethird wrote:I am quite certain that the next game will take place in balder, and here is why.

    First of all, balder is the only land we know of that is overrun with the undead.

    Balder is the only place that was confirmed to have fallen because of its Undead outbreak. 1) That doesn't mean it was the only one. 2) We know it isn't the only place that has Undead in it.

    This would bake sense with dark souls because if the land was not in an anarchical undead state, there would be living civilians running around, and it would look like skyrim, and there would be human enemies who die permanently.

    We see exactly what you're describing in the first trailer.

    Second of all, In balder they have the knight king Rendel who went and fought a giant drake, and something that seems to be a big theme here is drakes and dragons.

    Knight King Rendal was from Balder, and he killed a drake, and Dark Souls II has drakes in it, therefore Balder. Does not compute.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 pm

    It would be interesting, I mean it is a bit of a jump to say definitely but it's possible. There are a few places it could be that are named, and probably more that have yet to be named in the lore.

    It would be fun if it took place in Balder though, I've heard great things about their gates.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:54 pm

    Tolvo wrote:It would be fun if it took place in Balder though, I've heard great things about their gates.

    lol!


    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 785
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-07-31

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Nybbles on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:57 pm

    my guess if that we are going to Thoruland.

    Thoruland is more prominent in Dark Souls than Baldur is.

    i'm pretty sure we are sent to the rot in Asylum buy the Way of White, i also happen to think that the masked assassin's in the teaser trailer are hunting those with the darksign on behalf of the Way of White.

    Rhea is one of the most important NPCs in Dark Souls, her plot line leads us to the rite of kindling which is probably also important in Dark Souls II.

    there were undead soldiers shown in the demo gameplay footage that appeared to be wearing the same helm as Paladin Leeroy.

    i also happen to think that dragons/drakes probably aren't limited to one or two locals, they are probably allot more pervasive than we are being led to believe. we are told numerous times in Dark Souls that dragons are extinct, yet there seem to be plenty of living and undead specimens hanging around.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:01 pm

    To some extent though, I hope that Dark Souls II has very little connection to Dark Souls I in terms of plot, geography, characters, and practically everything else. The only thing I'd like to see continuous is the plot, and that's just to avoid contradictions, paradoxes, and the like. It would be cool to see one or two places mentioned in DkS I, but come on From! SURPRISE US!


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:04 pm

    I can please reiterate the fact that The Lords challenged the EVERLASTING STONE DRAGONS
    Everlasting stone dragons are not drakes, wyverns, black dragons, gaping dragons, and any of the others.
    In game, when talking of dragons these creatures are referred to as cousins of the Stone Dragons. Please people Prostration make the connections.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:42 pm

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:I am quite certain that the next game will take place in balder, and here is why.

    First of all, balder is the only land we know of that is overrun with the undead.

    Balder is the only place that was confirmed to have fallen because of its Undead outbreak. 1) That doesn't mean it was the only one. 2) We know it isn't the only place that has Undead in it.

    This would bake sense with dark souls because if the land was not in an anarchical undead state, there would be living civilians running around, and it would look like skyrim, and there would be human enemies who die permanently.

    We see exactly what you're describing in the first trailer.

    Second of all, In balder they have the knight king Rendel who went and fought a giant drake, and something that seems to be a big theme here is drakes and dragons.

    Knight King Rendal was from Balder, and he killed a drake, and Dark Souls II has drakes in it, therefore Balder. Does not compute.

    The fact is that as far as we know, the other kingdoms of the world of Light and Dark are still fairly civil, with more non-undead than undead.

    In the first trailer, the only people we see are the mask guys who the character fights many times over, and the lady who could be a civilian, or she could be a goddess, a queen, or who knows. I don't see how the first trailer describes what I was talking about.


    The Drakes/Wyverns and Dragons are of much larger importance in DS2 than they were in DS. They are seen all over the place in the 12 minute demo, the crest on the knights helm depicts a knight fighting a dragon or drake (could very well be Rendel) and in the interview with IGN they even said that dragons would be of larger importance. I don't think that your summary of my last point is fair or kind.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Dibsville on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm

    I doubt it will take place in Balder.
    From what we can see in the preview, and from what we know of the Balder Kingdom, I have no thoughts of it being in Balder.
    But who knows, From Soft is always good at throwing in twists, we may not even be in a land that was discussed in current DS.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:14 pm

    Johnthethird wrote:The fact is that as far as we know, the other kingdoms of the world of Light and Dark are still fairly civil, with more non-undead than undead.

    pffffffffffffffffftttt.

    In the first trailer, the only people we see are the mask guys who the character fights many times over, and the lady who could be a civilian, or she could be a goddess, a queen, or who knows. I don't see how the first trailer describes what I was talking about.

    We see a populated town/city with clearly-lit windows.

    The Drakes/Wyverns and Dragons are of much larger importance in DS2 than they were in DS. They are seen all over the place in the 12 minute demo, the crest on the knights helm depicts a knight fighting a dragon or drake (could very well be Rendel) and in the interview with IGN they even said that dragons would be of larger importance. I don't think that your summary of my last point is fair or kind.

    My summary was an accurate depiction of some clearly flawed logic. There is literally no significant or exclusive connection between Balder and dragons or drakes or wyverns or any other reptilian.



    EDIT: Also, we do see one of the original everlasting dragons in Dark Souls. Seath.

    The Everlasting Dragon/Stone Dragon of Ash Lake is a direct descendant of the great stone dragons. It's unknown how many cousins, etc there are but the Gaping Dragon and presumably Kalameet and the Hydras fit those criteria. I'm assuming DkS2 trailer dragon is one, as he/she/it is similar to Kalameet.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:55 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:The fact is that as far as we know, the other kingdoms of the world of Light and Dark are still fairly civil, with more non-undead than undead.

    pffffffffffffffffftttt.

    In the first trailer, the only people we see are the mask guys who the character fights many times over, and the lady who could be a civilian, or she could be a goddess, a queen, or who knows. I don't see how the first trailer describes what I was talking about.

    We see a populated town/city with clearly-lit windows.

    The Drakes/Wyverns and Dragons are of much larger importance in DS2 than they were in DS. They are seen all over the place in the 12 minute demo, the crest on the knights helm depicts a knight fighting a dragon or drake (could very well be Rendel) and in the interview with IGN they even said that dragons would be of larger importance. I don't think that your summary of my last point is fair or kind.

    My summary was an accurate depiction of some clearly flawed logic. There is literally no significant or exclusive connection between Balder and dragons or drakes or wyverns or any other reptilian.



    EDIT: Also, we do see one of the original everlasting dragons in Dark Souls. Seath.

    The Everlasting Dragon/Stone Dragon of Ash Lake is a direct descendant of the great stone dragons. It's unknown how many cousins, etc there are but the Gaping Dragon and presumably Kalameet and the Hydras fit those criteria. I'm assuming DkS2 trailer dragon is one, as he/she/it is similar to Kalameet.


    No. It was a poor summary of some pretty tight logic. What I was trying to say is that the game is very much based around drakes and dragons. The only other known country in the light and dark world that relates to drakes and dragons is balder.

    Now that I think of it there is also vinheim so that should definately be put into consideration. Based on dragon revelence possibly slightly above balder due to the dragon school.


    Seeing lights in a city does not mean civilians. There are torches lit in blight town but that is by no means civilized.


    Yes there is significance between balder and drakes/wyverns as I have proven already.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:12 pm

    Johnthethird wrote:No. It was a poor summary of some pretty tight logic. What I was trying to say is that the game is very much based around drakes and dragons. The only other known country in the light and dark world that relates to drakes and dragons is balder.

    Completely, totally false. We see the bodies of 3 Astoran knights that were killed by an Undead dragon in the Valley of Drakes. And as you point out below, Vinheim has very strong ties to dragons, where they consider them to be the creators of sorcery.

    Now that I think of it there is also vinheim so that should definately be put into consideration. Based on dragon revelence possibly slightly obviously above balder due to the dragon school.

    Fixed it.

    Seeing lights in a city does not mean civilians. There are torches lit in blight town but that is by no means civilized.

    First, we see people in the same scene. People are generally considered sign of civilization. Second, torches =/= lit rooms. Third, stop ignoring all of the other obvious signs of civilization in the scene. Fourth, who are you to say whether or not Blighttown is civilized?

    Yes there is significance between balder and drakes/wyverns as I have proven already.

    No. One dude is not significant in the slightest. At all. Whatsoever.


    Now stop downvoting people who disagree with you like a child.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 pm

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:No. It was a poor summary of some pretty tight logic. What I was trying to say is that the game is very much based around drakes and dragons. The only other known country in the light and dark world that relates to drakes and dragons is balder.

    Completely, totally false. We see the bodies of 3 Astoran knights that were killed by an Undead dragon in the Valley of Drakes. And as you point out below, Vinheim has very strong ties to dragons, where they consider them to be the creators of sorcery.

    Now that I think of it there is also vinheim so that should definately be put into consideration. Based on dragon revelence possibly slightly obviously above balder due to the dragon school.

    Fixed it.

    Seeing lights in a city does not mean civilians. There are torches lit in blight town but that is by no means civilized.

    First, we see people in the same scene. People are generally considered sign of civilization. Second, torches =/= lit rooms. Third, stop ignoring all of the other obvious signs of civilization in the scene. Fourth, who are you to say whether or not Blighttown is civilized?

    Yes there is significance between balder and drakes/wyverns as I have proven already.

    No. One dude is not significant in the slightest. At all. Whatsoever.


    Now stop downvoting people who disagree with you like a child.
    I don't know how to downvote people.

    Just because Astoran Knights are killed by dragons, that does not mean that astora has ties with dragons.

    I am one to say that blight town is not civilized, because we have been there and it is populated by giant mosquitoes, and crazed monsters, and people who just mindlessly attack everyone. It is definitely not civilized.

    The king of Balder is definitely significant. He's the king the ruler of the land. Of course he will play a significant role.

    I see no people in that scene other than the mask guys who you fight.

    What do you think the buildings are lit by? Electric lamps? They are lit by torches.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:12 pm

    Guys let's just calm down and remember that we are talking about speculation. Nothing is fact or 100% until the game comes out and we hear Andre of Astora standing over the body of Lord Reagent of Zena going, "Oh, so this means we are in _____."

    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:34 pm

    Johnthethird wrote:I don't know how to downvote people.

    Just because Astoran Knights are killed by dragons, that does not mean that astora has ties with dragons.

    EXACT SAME logic applies to Rendal. Just because Rendal killed a drake, that does not mean that Balder has ties with dragons. OBVIOUSLY.

    I am one to say that blight town is not civilized, because we have been there and it is populated by giant mosquitoes, and crazed monsters, and people who just mindlessly attack everyone. It is definitely not civilized.

    Country XYZ has mosquitoes in it, therefore it isn't civilized? There are animals that try to harm you, therefore the place is uncivilized? People attack Undead, therefore they're mindless and uncivilized? No no and no.

    The king of Balder is definitely significant. He's the king the ruler of the land. Of course he will play a significant role.

    He's dead.

    I see no people in that scene other than the mask guys who you fight.

    THOSE ARE PEOPLE.

    What do you think the buildings are lit by? Electric lamps? They are lit by torches.

    Torch outside on a rickety wooden structure =/= torch inside of a well-kept stone building. Completely different implications. Again: obviously.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Slarg232 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:52 pm

    Blight Town WAS civilized, Before the Fire Nation attacked Before Enigei decided to make it his own personal play thing and poison even the water.


    _________________


    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:55 pm

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:I don't know how to downvote people.

    Just because Astoran Knights are killed by dragons, that does not mean that astora has ties with dragons.

    EXACT SAME logic applies to Rendal. Just because Rendal killed a drake, that does not mean that Balder has ties with dragons. OBVIOUSLY.

    I am one to say that blight town is not civilized, because we have been there and it is populated by giant mosquitoes, and crazed monsters, and people who just mindlessly attack everyone. It is definitely not civilized.

    Country XYZ has mosquitoes in it, therefore it isn't civilized? There are animals that try to harm you, therefore the place is uncivilized? People attack Undead, therefore they're mindless and uncivilized? No no and no.

    The king of Balder is definitely significant. He's the king the ruler of the land. Of course he will play a significant role.

    He's dead.

    I see no people in that scene other than the mask guys who you fight.

    THOSE ARE PEOPLE.

    What do you think the buildings are lit by? Electric lamps? They are lit by torches.

    Torch outside on a rickety wooden structure =/= torch inside of a well-kept stone building. Completely different implications. Again: obviously.

    Not the same logic. Rendel is the KING of balder. VIP. Very important. Very
    significant




    Once again that is a poor review of my logic. Everything in blight town is a mindless beast that tries to attack you. It is not civilized it is anarchy. Perhaps at one point it was an actual town, but now it is a bunch of mutants and hollows.




    Rendel could be undead, or this could take place before he dies, or his influence over the world could outlive him.




    Those are enemies. The point was that I said that it is not like skyrim with civilians running around, which it will not be. Those are enemy soldiers who will most likely act as other enemies who stand in one place, and attack you when you get close. Not civilians.




    They could be lit by candles, stone fireplaces, or torches. You choose. either way, that does not mean there are civilians there.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Guys let's just calm down and remember that we are talking about speculation. Nothing is fact or 100% until the game comes out and we hear Andre of Astora standing over the body of Lord Reagent of Zena going, "Oh, so this means we are in _____."

    good point. I suppose that I would let despair just get the final word, if he didn't continue to misrepresent my points.
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 pm

    This is all I see
    Johnthethird: "Here's some [sometimes questionable] argument as to why I think the game is going to be set in balder." Shrug
    DE5PA1R: "NOPE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!" :evil:

    Let's get something straight here folks. All we know about the location is that it is not in "Lordran" (at least the part where DkS I) and it is very far away. Now unless someone has a developer made map of Lordran, it is safe to assume that we do not know the distances between Lordran and the surrounding kingdoms. Now that we are all on the same page, Despair...you have way to many holes and logical fallacies in your argument that I cannot take it seriously. Not only that but you come off as rude and disrespectful, which explains your downvotes more than the fact that some might disagree with you.

    Okay kids, now we say sorry and we play nice from now on! king


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 pm

    DE5PA1R wrote:...The Everlasting Dragon/Stone Dragon of Ash Lake is a direct descendant of the great stone dragons. It's unknown how many cousins, etc there are but the Gaping Dragon and presumably Kalameet and the Hydras fit those criteria. I'm assuming DkS2 trailer dragon is one, as he/she/it is similar to Kalameet....

    I dont believe there is actually any way to confirm nor deny that the Stone Dragon in Ash Lake is either a descendant or one of the originals.

    For all we know, he was in the fight against Gwyn, aaaaaand found a cozy quite place?
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:59 pm

    Don't forget he may be an ascendant, a dragon ascendant. It's a possibility.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 pm