Off to Balder

    Share
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:19 pm

    hey its andres wrote:Despair...you have way to many holes and logical fallacies in your argument that I cannot take it seriously.

    Point out 1 fallacy in anything I've posted. 1.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:38 pm

    We don't know the King of Balder, Rendel, is dead. We only know that he never made it past the challenges of Sen's Fortress. He may have left, he may be wandering Sen's as a hollow, he may be dead. We don't exactly know what happened to him.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:40 pm

    This isnt a fallacy, but you tend to change the subject and misrepresent peoples arguments.



    For example,

    I said that it is not going to be a game like skyrim that has civilians running around everywhere.



    You said that we already know it is like that because of the lighted buildings.



    I gave an example of the torches in blight town to point out that lights do not always mean civilisation.


    Then you split it into a philosophical argument about wether or not blight town was civilised, and and an argument about how buildings being lit are not the same as torches outside of house.

    When I responded to your argument about blight town saying of corse it was not civilized because it was crawling around with monsters and giant mosquitos and everything is trying to poison and kill you, you claimed that I had said that "mosquitos = no civilisation" which was a complete misrepresentation of my argument.
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Slarg232 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:41 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Don't forget he may be an ascendant, a dragon ascendant. It's a possibility.
    While I admit it's a possibility, it's highly improbable. Someone had to be there to give humans the idea to do it. Having said that, he does look a bit different than the other Everlasting dragons.


    _________________


    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:45 pm

    The existence of dragons and their relation to scales may have been enough to inspire them. It's a possibility. I wouldn't say it's the most probable, but it's still something to be considered. Perhaps we'll find out more about the Dragon Ascendants in Dark Souls 2.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:46 pm

    Johnthethird wrote:Not the same logic. Rendel is the KING of balder. VIP. Very important. Very significant.
    .

    Nope. Not at all significant. One guy kills drake; several guys die to Undead dragon. Equally worthless.

    I'll sum up your argument for you again: A guy from Balder killed a drake once, and drakes are important in DkS2, therefore DkS2 is set in Balder.

    Once again that is a poor review of my logic. Everything in blight town is a mindless beast that tries to attack you. It is not civilized it is anarchy. Perhaps at one point it was an actual town, but now it is a bunch of mutants and hollows.

    Everything tries to attack you. You're an evil ******* who loots corpses and kills innocent bystanders. On top of that, you're Undead. Of course they want to kill you.

    Rendel could be undead, or this could take place before he dies, or his influence over the world could outlive him.

    Possibly, but that doesn't reinforce your fundamental argument.

    Those are enemies. The point was that I said that it is not like skyrim with civilians running around, which it will not be. Those are enemy soldiers who will most likely act as other enemies who stand in one place, and attack you when you get close. Not civilians.

    No, your point was that everyone we see in the trailer tries to kill the hero and therefore they're Undead and therefore he must be in Balder. I'm saying that thesse aren't necessarily (and probably aren't) Undead, so the Balder assumption is unfounded.

    They could be lit by candles, stone fireplaces, or torches. You choose. either way, that does not mean there are civilians there.

    Fireplaces imply residents. There are so many obvious signs of civilizations you're choosing to ignore it's crazy.


    Last edited by DE5PA1R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Slarg232 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:47 pm

    Tolvo wrote:The existence of dragons and their relation to scales may have been enough to inspire them. It's a possibility. I wouldn't say it's the most probable, but it's still something to be considered. Perhaps we'll find out more about the Dragon Ascendants in Dark Souls 2.
    I agree. Dragbros were always the ones I wanted to join the most, but hated farming scales for. Hopefully it will be less.... boring in DkS2.


    _________________


    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:48 pm

    Overall I hope that they make the covenants a bit more interesting with making sure there is a real point to them, as well as making them different enough from each other to give reason for multiple covenants.
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Slarg232 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:49 pm

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Fireplaces imply residents. There are so many obvious signs of civilizations you're choosing to ignore it's crazy.
    He quite specifically said "Civilians". Not bandits, soldiers, or Undead. Civilians aren't the same thing as civilization.
    Unless you're implying ancient soldiers didn't light camp fires.


    _________________


    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 pm

    I should also mention fireplaces are mostly unlit in the game, and what lights there are, are there so that us players can see. The game is very authentic but I'm sure the whole game could be annoying if everyone followed the rules of the Tomb of the Giants. In every fantasy story there are torches all around castles and such areas at all times, just so the players can see. Or the viewers of a movie.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 pm

    Animaaal wrote:I dont believe there is actually any way to confirm nor deny that the Stone Dragon in Ash Lake is either a descendant or one of the originals.

    Dragon Greatsword:

    This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons,
    came from the tail of the stone dragon of
    Ash Lake, descendant of the ancient dragons.

    Its great mystical power will be unleashed
    when wielded with two hands.


    For all we know, he was in the fight against Gwyn, aaaaaand found a cozy quite place?

    He was a descendant (see above) and as I've posited elsewhere, I think he/she/it was kept alive by Seath for experiments. Sems likely considering the placement of the Hydra and clams.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:53 pm

    DE5PA1R wrote:

    Country XYZ has mosquitoes in it, therefore it isn't civilized? There are animals that try to harm you, therefore the place is uncivilized? People attack Undead, therefore they're mindless and uncivilized? No no and no.

    You pick the most irrelevant piece of his argument and decided that it was the best place to put your rebuttal.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:56 pm

    Clams and a hydra wild creatures? From software made the plot interpretable and ambiguous? No one knows for sure what happened? No no and no.


    lol!
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 pm

    Tolvo wrote:We don't know the King of Balder, Rendel, is dead. We only know that he never made it past the challenges of Sen's Fortress. He may have left, he may be wandering Sen's as a hollow, he may be dead. We don't exactly know what happened to him.
    he may have left lordran and returned to balder with all his memories gone except one goal in his mind telling him that he must find a cure to undeath. It is the only way to save... the world
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 pm

    hey its andres wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

    Country XYZ has mosquitoes in it, therefore it isn't civilized? There are animals that try to harm you, therefore the place is uncivilized? People attack Undead, therefore they're mindless and uncivilized? No no and no.

    You pick the most irrelevant piece of his argument and decided that it was the best place to put your rebuttal.

    That is literally the only thing he based his assumption on. Mosquitoes, monsters, and residents that attack the player. How the hell else could or should I have argued?

    Oh btw, you have no idea what fallacy means.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:59 pm

    hey its andres wrote:Clams and a hydra wild creatures? From software made the plot interpretable and ambiguous? No one knows for sure what happened? No no and no.


    lol!

    You're making no sense at all.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:00 am

    Johnthethird wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:We don't know the King of Balder, Rendel, is dead. We only know that he never made it past the challenges of Sen's Fortress. He may have left, he may be wandering Sen's as a hollow, he may be dead. We don't exactly know what happened to him.
    he may have left lordran and returned to balder with all his memories gone except one goal in his mind telling him that he must find a cure to undeath. It is the only way to save... the world

    He may have opened a candy shop.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:01 am

    Okay despaire Im done arguing with you. You don't know how to debate, you ignore people points, and in general you just are not fun to talk to. Everyone else is enjoying a friendly discussion, and you are just spoiling it. Good bye.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:02 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:

    They could be lit by candles, stone fireplaces, or torches. You choose. either way, that does not mean there are civilians there.

    Fireplaces imply residents. There are so many obvious signs of civilizations you're choosing to ignore it's crazy.

    Obvious troll is obvious
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:03 am

    I'd suggest waiting until tomorrow John, some time tonight or tomorrow a mod will get on then hopefully respond to the report I made. After giving a warning things should calm down in here then the friendly conversation should resume well enough.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:04 am

    Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

    They could be lit by candles, stone fireplaces, or torches. You choose. either way, that does not mean there are civilians there.

    Fireplaces imply residents. There are so many obvious signs of civilizations you're choosing to ignore it's crazy.

    Obvious troll is obvious

    Yes, you are an obvious troll. Also an *** and a *** idiot.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 am

    Despair please try to follow the Forum Guidelines, unless I've made some sort of mistake there should be a link to them in my signature if you have yet to see them.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:07 am

    Tolvo wrote:I'd suggest waiting until tomorrow John, some time tonight or tomorrow a mod will get on then hopefully respond to the report I made. After giving a warning things should calm down in here then the friendly conversation should resume well enough.
    I think its best that we just dont respond to him. We pretty much determined hes a troll.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:09 am

    Johnthethird wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:I'd suggest waiting until tomorrow John, some time tonight or tomorrow a mod will get on then hopefully respond to the report I made. After giving a warning things should calm down in here then the friendly conversation should resume well enough.
    I think its best that we just dont respond to him. We pretty much determined hes a troll.

    Yes, label everyone who disagrees with you a troll so you don't have to deal with being wrong. How convenient.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:09 am

    Does someone need any tampons? ❤


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  

    Sponsored content

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:13 am