Off to Balder

    Share
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:14 am

    Tolvo wrote:Exactly!

    Not this time, a time in the past, a later time! The past and future but not the present which we know as Lordran!

    Wouldn't it be great if my tired/drunk ramblings ended up being right?

    Looks like one of us was in fact drunk the whole time.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:15 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:They have their mining equipment and blow darts for the same reason the hollowed soldiers have their swords. Its what they had when they went hollow. I have no doubt they could have traded at one point, but now they do not.

    Prove it. Prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they absolutely 100% do not trade at all ever. If you can't, then you must admit that there's a possibility that Blighttown is civilized.

    (Nobody said thriving, btw, that's pretty preposterous).

    Well, consider at one point they were connected to Lost Izalith it could have been a pretty awesome place. But overall i agree with you, it most likely was no thriving.


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:15 am

    Tired drunk, essentially when I get tired I'm about on par with your standard drunk. Though I've only started to get tired just a bit recently.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:16 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:They have their mining equipment and blow darts for the same reason the hollowed soldiers have their swords. Its what they had when they went hollow. I have no doubt they could have traded at one point, but now they do not.

    Prove it. Prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they absolutely 100% do not trade at all ever. If you can't, then you must admit that there's a possibility that Blighttown is civilized.

    (Nobody said thriving, btw, that's pretty preposterous).
    I suppose that they all could just pretend to be hollow. Hell all of lordran could still be civilised. The undead soldiers could go down and buy repair powder from the merchant.

    The balder knights could ocasionally go up and play poker with the 6 eyed merchant when you aren't there. Every character in lordran could actually be a member of the companions from skyrim who have magically teleported to lordran using the power of love. You cant prove that wrong.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:17 am

    DemonOfFate wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:
    Sun LORDRAN FOR THE WIN!!!!! Sun

    Seriously...would that really surprise anyone?

    It would surprise me, because i believe the developer stated we aren't going to be in lordran this time around.

    Ya I know. I just think they might end up saying, "GOTCHA!!" to a lot of stuff.

    I'm actually terrified when I think of what they could actually do to the game to follow an "artistic vision".

    What am I worried about?!?!?! ITS GONNA BE *** AWESOME!


    Last edited by Animaaal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shpeling)
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:19 am

    I actually wouldn't mind if the game covered more than one land.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:20 am

    Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:They have their mining equipment and blow darts for the same reason the hollowed soldiers have their swords. Its what they had when they went hollow. I have no doubt they could have traded at one point, but now they do not.

    Prove it. Prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they absolutely 100% do not trade at all ever. If you can't, then you must admit that there's a possibility that Blighttown is civilized.

    (Nobody said thriving, btw, that's pretty preposterous).
    I suppose that they all could just pretend to be hollow. Hell all of lordran could still be civilised. The undead soldiers could go down and buy repair powder from the merchant.

    The balder knights could ocasionally go up and play poker with the 6 eyed merchant when you aren't there. Every character in lordran could actually be a member of the companions from skyrim who have magically teleported to lordran using the power of love. You cant prove that wrong.

    6-eyed merchant...?


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 am

    I would actually haveloved it if it was in Lordran. I woulda loved to see Ash Lake expanded, and blah blah blah.

    I wanted my lore holes filled dammit!
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 am

    The Channeler, they wear six eyed masks. One is in the undead church above the Balder Knights.
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:They have their mining equipment and blow darts for the same reason the hollowed soldiers have their swords. Its what they had when they went hollow. I have no doubt they could have traded at one point, but now they do not.

    Prove it. Prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they absolutely 100% do not trade at all ever. If you can't, then you must admit that there's a possibility that Blighttown is civilized.

    (Nobody said thriving, btw, that's pretty preposterous).
    I suppose that they all could just pretend to be hollow. Hell all of lordran could still be civilised. The undead soldiers could go down and buy repair powder from the merchant.

    The balder knights could ocasionally go up and play poker with the 6 eyed merchant when you aren't there. Every character in lordran could actually be a member of the companions from skyrim who have magically teleported to lordran using the power of love. You cant prove that wrong.

    6-eyed merchant...?
    chanelor. My bad
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 am

    Animaaal wrote:
    I wanted my lore holes filled dammit!

    Inappropriate...


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 am

    Johnthethird wrote:I actually wouldn't mind if the game covered more than one land.
    I certainly wouldn't! I like how vague they make things, they leave it up to me decide what is what, who is bad, and am i doing the right thing? If they cover more lands, they merely take some of that away from me. I don't want any more Dark souls [insert number here]. If anything i want them to make a game not connected to dark souls at all, but like it.


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:22 am

    To be fair, just because he doesn't trade with us doesn't mean he wouldn't do business with the Balder Knights.

    It's discrimination, and every time I approach him in Balder Armor he attacks anyway. Those six eyes see right through my disguise always.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 am

    DE5PA1R wrote:

    Inappropriate...

    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 am

    Tolvo wrote:To be fair, just because he doesn't trade with us doesn't mean he wouldn't do business with the Balder Knights.

    It's discrimination, and every time I approach him in Balder Armor he attacks anyway. Those six eyes see right through my disguise always.

    That's going in my sig mate.


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by hey its andres on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:24 am

    Johnthethird wrote: I suppose that they all could just pretend to be hollow. Hell all of lordran could still be civilised. The undead soldiers could go down and buy repair powder from the merchant.

    The balder knights could ocasionally go up and play poker with the 6 eyed merchant when you aren't there. Every character in lordran could actually be a member of the companions from skyrim who have magically teleported to lordran using the power of love. You cant prove that wrong.

    F---ing brilliant. Lordran is a sham, and nobody likes you. This is the best explanation of Dark Souls I have ever read. Maybe Andre is actually wearing anchor arms, and when you leave he takes them off a goes to get shots with the Forest Hunters and the Ents. Anastacia takes her clothes off and starts dancing in that kinky little cage of hers as the crestfallen warrior puts on his pimp suit. Then clerics and merchant gather from all around for the Firelink Rave, one of the best damn parties you've ever been to.


    _________________
    XBL: hey its andres
    And now on Youtube!  
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:24 am

    Tolvo wrote:To be fair, just because he doesn't trade with us doesn't mean he wouldn't do business with the Balder Knights.

    It's discrimination, and every time I approach him in Balder Armor he attacks anyway. Those six eyes see right through my disguise always.

    Considering what the channelers do, the implication would be... they're pimping. Or worse.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:26 am

    Maybe that is why they hate Logan, with that Big Hat and fancy outfit they must think he is a rival pimp cruising into their territory.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:27 am

    Tolvo wrote:Maybe that is why they hate Logan, with that Big Hat and fancy outfit they must think he is a rival pimp cruising into their territory.

    Don't forget all his sweet bling.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:29 am

    So was anyone as pissed as me when they found out it wasnt going to be in Lordran?
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:29 am

    hey its andres wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote: I suppose that they all could just pretend to be hollow. Hell all of lordran could still be civilised. The undead soldiers could go down and buy repair powder from the merchant.

    The balder knights could ocasionally go up and play poker with the 6 eyed merchant when you aren't there. Every character in lordran could actually be a member of the companions from skyrim who have magically teleported to lordran using the power of love. You cant prove that wrong.

    F---ing brilliant. Lordran is a sham, and nobody likes you. This is the best explanation of Dark Souls I have ever read. Maybe Andre is actually wearing anchor arms, and when you leave he takes them off a goes to get shots with the Forest Hunters and the Ents. Anastacia takes her clothes off and starts dancing in that kinky little cage of hers as the crestfallen warrior puts on his pimp suit. Then clerics and merchant gather from all around for the Firelink Rave, one of the best damn parties you've ever been to.
    OMFingG!!! This deserves its own thread!!!
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:30 am

    Animaaal wrote:So was anyone as pissed as me when they found out it wasnt going to be in Lordran?
    More or less, if they had another story take place in Lordran i don't know how they would have kept it semi-original.

    Edit: I don't think Fromsoft would make one ending cannon, that goes against everything dark souls is about.


    Last edited by DemonOfFate on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 312
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-12-13
    Age : 22

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Johnthethird on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:31 am

    Animaaal wrote:So was anyone as pissed as me when they found out it wasnt going to be in Lordran?
    I was a bit sad. I was hoping that when he said "forever without light" that meant it was going to be lordran in the dark age.
    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by DE5PA1R on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:32 am

    DemonOfFate wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:So was anyone as pissed as me when they found out it wasnt going to be in Lordran?
    More or less, if they had another story take place in Lordran i don't know how they would have kept it semi-original.

    This. I was actually the slightest bit disappointed it had any connection at all to the original. I was hoping we were going all Final Fantasy.


    _________________
    Vids: youtube.com/de5pa1r

    Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

    Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Animaaal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:35 am

    With all the location speculation threads, it seemed like no one was upset. But I on the other hand....well I kinda sad

    To me it was kinda like Demon's Souls 2 without explaining the 6th Archstone or something. Glad to know I'm not entirely alone.

    I loved all the characters. I loved the locations. I thought some locations were dark, if not darker, than certains areas in Demon's Souls. I loved everything.

    I wanted an actual sequel...but I'm prolly paranoid for nothing.

    @DESPAIR

    So true! I did too lol. I thought I'd be comparing DkSVII to FFVII.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Off to Balder

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 am