Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
crbngville2
Wolfkeys
Rynn
Pilgrim34
O1va_
Automancer
reim0027
Jansports
Dieselzilla
raecor14
LunarFog
mugenis4real
Soris Ice Goldwing
User1
GrinTwist
russiannightmare
20 posters

Dark Magic hate??????

crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Magic hate?????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Magic hate??????

Post by crbngville2 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:13 am

I thought these kinda posts were supposed to go away. Once again, everything devolves into complaints about tactics. sad
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 am

I stronly disagree on this one, I have never used dust crown ring on a caster nor have I met caster that used it. And shot from avelyn is a death sentence but not for the caster, they just dodge it and DB you in the face while you reload, that thing has damn slow recovery.

I suppose it all depends on where you play and whether you are looking for duels or invasions. I invade the most in the Archives and I have come across a lot of casters using that equipment, they are easy to kill as long as you get close to them quickly. Other times, I have used the walls and tight corridors/doorways in that area when fighting casters by baiting them into casting then rolling to the side of a doorway to avoid the magic completely. Many times my opponent has exhausted their spells in this way and once their dark magic is gone it's easy.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 am

Let me clarify. I don't like Dark Magic, but I don't begrudge people for using it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:28 am

I don't like fighting dark magic. Its entirely different when I'm using it. Killing people in 1 hit is a lot of fun.

People will hate on anything. Just ignore them. Or make a game out of seeing how much hatemail you can get.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:50 am

i hate magic spammers with the fury of a thousand burning suns. and nothing is more spammable than dark bead!

i will twop your *** and hornet bs you with a buffed demon great axe!

i will do nothing but kick you around until you fall off a cliff!

i will toxic and poison you then lloyd you and watch you die slowly!

i will flip poke you to death with an estoc!

i will chain bs you to death with my bare fist!

because *** magic!

or i'll just get one-shot by a spell half a second before they start the casting animation or after i've already dodged it and somehow if it hits a tree (any tree) i will die, i might be a forest hunter but i didn't know that those friggen trees were tied to my life.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 am

Lesson learned: Don't trust the trees...
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Anything that has great potential to benefit from lag and one shot I consider poorly balanced.

The thing that is really unbalanced? Crown of Dusk.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Juutas wrote:Anything that has great potential to benefit from lag and one shot I consider poorly balanced.

*Corn of Duck is not unbalanced. The extra damage you receive is ridiculous when fighting against another Mage, although I can see how it may seem unfair if you have no points invested into Int or Faith to counter magic.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 pm

mugenis4real wrote:
    Juutas wrote:Anything that has great potential to benefit from lag and one shot I consider poorly balanced.

*Corn of Duck is not unbalanced. The extra damage you receive is ridiculous when fighting against another Mage, although I can see how it may seem unfair if you have no points invested into Int or Faith to counter magic.

But usually all the mages have that so it's just + - 0.....

and sure...800 dmg great combustion with zero stat investment (except attunement lol) is totally fair and well balanced...you know it being fast, having large hit box and cuts trough most shields and armor and poise breaks like hell and cannot be parried.
    Let's get real here, Great combustion is great even without CoD but CoD makes it ridicilously overpowered, like it makes other pyromancies, but expecially Great combustion.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:12 pm

O1va_ wrote:
    Rynn wrote:And what about a 0 poise logans cantalyst weilding player that doesn't got bellowing or dusk crown? Dark Bead pegs for about 690 when he eats the entire thing to the face, so he hornet chainstabs me.

They had a katana, they had no excuse.

Like I said, not about your build or tactics. But I would say that your katana wielding friend has the same mindset as my example, as do so many other players. Lame tactics are lame tactics.
    It's the same idea as refusing to learn how to counter WoG, or refusing to learn how to counter backstab. I've met opponents that use a Wrath every once in a while, and they are dangerous, because they are not predictable, the same can be said for the opponent that only casts Dark Bead once every 2 minutes.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Juutas wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:

and sure...800 dmg great combustion with zero stat investment (except attunement lol) is totally fair and well balanced...you know it being fast, having large hit box and cuts trough most shields and armor and poise breaks like hell and cannot be parried.
    Let's get real here, Great combustion is great even without CoD but CoD makes it ridicilously overpowered, like it makes other pyromancies, but expecially Great combustion.
    Ever used the Crown of the Dark Sun?
    You do virtually the same amount of damage without suffering a weakness to magic.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:34 am

Rynn wrote:
    Juutas wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:

Ever used the Crown of the Dark Sun?
    You do virtually the same amount of damage without suffering a weakness to magic.

Well yeah that too : P
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:26 am

Your logic is flawed. Anything can kill in 1 hit, and everything has the potential to benefit greatly from lag.

Without critting I can deal 2k+ damage in 1 hit from a katana (or a winged spear or a morning star or the barbed straight sword, a little less with an estoc.) Without the leo ring its 1500- 1600. With the leo ring but without the RTSR its 1600-1700. without either its just over 1k.

Add phantom range (eg lag,) thrust attacks (which benefit from lag more than most things) and the iffy dodge timing of fast attacks (lag) and dead angles to bypass shields and you're looking at an absolute terror, more so than any dark magic build (especially as it can have gmb/flash sweat/vos)

DB is only likely to kill in 1, or even 2 hits fully boosted at point blank range. If you have a counter, as you should (even force will do the trick, if you cant manage anything else,) then its most likely to insta kill on a trade, and trading is a very predictable tactic.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 am

The main difference in your examples is ease to pull off. 2K damage, I assume, included PW. And, doing a counter attack is more difficult than pressing R1 when someone is close to you.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 am

I'm aware.

Its also a katana, and not a crit. With the washing pole landing an attack is exactly that easy, as is the roar bs, which deals even more damage.

Ultimately though, I was attacking his argument. Unless everything is OP become it can benefit greatly from lag and kill in one hit as well, then his argument is provably wrong within his own framework.

I was merely demonstrating this, as I've no wish to have that argument again. (it spanned at least 6 pages, mostly walls of text, and lasted like a week last time around)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 pm