Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
crbngville2
Wolfkeys
Rynn
Pilgrim34
O1va_
Automancer
reim0027
Jansports
Dieselzilla
raecor14
LunarFog
mugenis4real
Soris Ice Goldwing
User1
GrinTwist
russiannightmare
20 posters

Dark Magic hate??????

russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Magic hate?????? Empty Dark Magic hate??????

Post by russiannightmare Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:04 pm

So I haven't posted here in a while and I'm not sure if this topic has been well discussed already or not.
    So whenever I play with my magic build I always get hate mail from other players complaining about me using dark magic. Just today I had a player invade me 5 or 6 times but he or she BSCed out every time after our first fight because he didn't like me using dark magic. I know that dark magic is VERY OP and that's a whole other topic but why do so many players hate on other players for using it? It's in the game so any player can make a build to take advantage of it if they choose to. I have every character slot in use with just about every major build type possible yet I only get hate mail when using my magic build.
    Does anyone else get hate mail when using a magic build that uses dark magic?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Dark Magic hate?????? Empty Re: Dark Magic hate??????

Post by GrinTwist Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:07 pm

It's really just a "beauty in they eye of the beholder" thing, don't worry if you get hatemail.

Also, yes this subject has been under much discussion and scrutiny. To be honest there really isn't to much of a problem with most dark magic spells with the only exception being "Dark Bead" with it's low stat requirements but outside of that they're like any other playstyle, hated and loved.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:22 pm

thanks for the reply. The hate mail doesn't bother me, I just wondered if that was the norm from most players experience.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Well you still have to remember that most players like melee builds over most other builds like a pure magic build. Just take care not to spam spells repeatedly that's normally frowned upon by a lot more people.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Derail this, Havel.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:28 pm

This has been done to death many times now. Look up some of the older topics to see the dark magic thing. I don't hate dark magic anymore.

Last edited by Soris Ice Goldwing on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Soris, there you go, I have given you the magic 9, enjoy. silly
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 pm

Dark Magic is the nuts.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Anyone also has the ability to drop a baby on the floor if they come into possession of one. That doesn't mean you aren't a giant f*** c*** for doing it.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:41 pm

i loth dark mgic, but i have never sent hate mail over it (i have however made the most ranty of rant thread ever) its appart of the game, the only real enemy in it is lag
    Dieselzilla
    Dieselzilla

Post by Dieselzilla Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 pm

I see using dark magic as kinda cheap (which is why I don't use it), but we are in the world of dark souls, so if u like using it go ahead and use it.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 am

You besmirch Murkrow's good name by calling something cheap.

Little dudes so GOOD in Little Cup...why can't I hold all these prankster subs
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:27 am

I don't like dark magic, but I know how to counter it, and it is no longer scary. People tend to hate what they don't understand.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:16 am

So long as people don't spam, i'm fine with it.
    I recently made a Int/Pyro build that has Dark Bead, there was this one guy, the moment i cast DB once, he TWoPed me. Dafuq?! Look Skyward
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 am

Automancer wrote:So long as people don't spam, i'm fine with it.
    I recently made a Int/Pyro build that has Dark Bead, there was this one guy, the moment i cast DB once, he TWoPed me. Dafuq?! Dark Magic hate?????? 2707236321

What? You're upset that someone used a spell after you used a spell? And yes I know TWoP is concidered a tabu in PvP, but I really can't think of a situatuin where you have DB and someone gets to activate TWoP and you get caught in it without a serious punish to the TWoPer, how did that happen?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 am

O1va_ wrote:
    I recently made a Int/Pyro build that has Dark Bead, there was this one guy, the moment i cast DB once, he TWoPed me. Dafuq?! Dark Magic hate?????? 2707236321

What? You're upset that someone used a spell after you used a spell? And yes I know TWoP is concidered a tabu in PvP, but I really can't think of a situatuin where you have DB and someone gets to activate TWoP and you get caught in it without a serious punish to the TWoPer, how did that happen?

I'm not upset. It's just that the match was a really awesome one until he pulled out TwoP just because i casted DB once. I could've spammed DB at the guy but i don't like spamming. =/
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:10 am

Automancer wrote:
    O1va_ wrote:

I'm not upset. It's just that the match was a really awesome one until he pulled out TwoP just because i casted DB once. I could've spammed DB at the guy but i don't like spamming. =/

He might have though the exact same thing about your DB. I personally don't mind it either when not spammed, but one to the face while casting TWoP and another one if you come close while its active is allways justified IMO.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:13 am

O1va_ wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    O1va_ wrote:

He might have though the exact same thing about your DB. I personally don't mind it either when not spammed, but one to the face while casting TWoP and another one if you come close while its active is allways justified IMO.

It's still fine, he did pancake me proper after TwoP. Prostration
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:21 am

There's no real reason to hate magic/dark magic with the right counter tactics. As soon as you see your opponent whip out a catalyst punish them with a volley from the avelyn. A lot of caster builds have halved HP from the Dusk Crown so you can often one shot (or is that 3 shot) them with a volley!
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 am

Pilgrim34 wrote:There's no real reason to hate magic/dark magic with the right counter tactics. As soon as you see your opponent whip out a catalyst punish them with a volley from the avelyn. A lot of caster builds have halved HP from the Dusk Crown so you can often one shot (or is that 3 shot) them with a volley!

I stronly disagree on this one, I have never used dust crown ring on a caster nor have I met caster that used it. And shot from avelyn is a death sentence but not for the caster, they just dodge it and DB you in the face while you reload, that thing has damn slow recovery.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:34 am

Some people are not worth playing with, to put it simply.

As we all know, my spellcaster uses Crystal Homing Soul Mass, White Dragons Breath, Great Soul Arrow, Dark Orb, and Dark Bead. I have met some users that chose to hornet ring backstab me because I cast dark bead -once- during the fight, when I actually use it in a quite tactical manner to punish.
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 am

Rynn wrote:Some people are not worth playing with, to put it simply.

As we all know, my spellcaster uses Crystal Homing Soul Mass, White Dragons Breath, Great Soul Arrow, Dark Orb, and Dark Bead. I have met some users that chose to hornet ring backstab me because I cast dark bead -once- during the fight, when I actually use it in a quite tactical manner to punish.

I'm not talking about your build or tactics, but now that backstabbing is mentioned I have to say that sometimes thats the only solution. When I invade/am summoned to a world to fight with a slow weapon, and in front of me is a fast rolling hollow havel soldier waistcloth with crown of dusk and tin crystal cat, theres not much to do. If I attack them from front I get to trade with a DB, not a good idea..
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 am

And what about a 0 poise logans cantalyst weilding player that doesn't got bellowing or dusk crown? Dark Bead pegs for about 690 when he eats the entire thing to the face, so he hornet chainstabs me.

They had a katana, they had no excuse.
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:07 am

Rynn wrote:And what about a 0 poise logans cantalyst weilding player that doesn't got bellowing or dusk crown? Dark Bead pegs for about 690 when he eats the entire thing to the face, so he hornet chainstabs me.

They had a katana, they had no excuse.

Like I said, not about your build or tactics. But I would say that your katana wielding friend has the same mindset as my example, as do so many other players. Lame tactics are lame tactics.
    Wolfkeys
    Wolfkeys
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Wolfkeys Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:25 am

If you can't beat them, join them! twisted
    I made a build with dark magic, although dark bead is OP.
    But answering the question of the post, i've never got hate from using it (nor do i unleash any)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 pm