Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
DoughGuy
oregonav8r
Mourning Sun
StockpileThomas
Fotitudo
9 posters

One thing i really hate in Dark Souls! A magic thing ...

Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

One thing i really hate in Dark Souls! A magic thing ... Empty One thing i really hate in Dark Souls! A magic thing ...

Post by Fotitudo Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Nearly every spell has 5.000 variations! Hell i dont get it ... it is so annoying! I hoped that the new dlc spells are totally new, but 3 out of 5 aren´t new.

As an example:
    Fireball, Fire orb, Great Fireball and Chaos Fireball
    Firestorm, Chaos Storm and Fire Tempest
    and at least my favorite.
    Soul arrow, heavy soul arrow, great soul arrow, great heavy bbq soul arrow, soul spear and crystal soul spear ...

This is what i miss from demon souls ...
    is 1 or 2 variations of 1 spell not enough?! Hell i miss soul ray ;_;
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

One thing i really hate in Dark Souls! A magic thing ... Empty Re: One thing i really hate in Dark Souls! A magic thing ...

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Ha! Soul Ray was king!
    Mourning Sun
    Mourning Sun
    Casual
    Casual

One thing i really hate in Dark Souls! A magic thing ... Empty Re: One thing i really hate in Dark Souls! A magic thing ...

Post by Mourning Sun Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 pm

On the other hand, Demon's had about half the number of items, enemies, and well, content in general. I think recycled spells can be forgiven.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:00 pm

I guess they just gave us more options to balance power vs. usefulness. More powerful fireballs have fewer uses and such...but yeah its kinda funny looking at the long list of pyromancies/magic spells and seeing how most of them are essentially the same idea just in a slightly increasing power curve.
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Only 15% of all spells are viable ... thats my point...
    we got too many useless spells. and the dlc brings us lets say 2-3 more. I casts as slow as white dragon breath and yea.. it makes me just kinda sad
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Too many useless spells? Ok lets take out all the soul arrows. Hell lets take out all the spells that take less than say, 25 int to use? That way you only end up with the spells you can use at 120. The weaker spells are there for lower level combat and so as you buy the better spells it shows you advancing, your magic getting more powerful as you do.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Too many useless spells? Ok lets take out all the soul arrows. Hell lets take out all the spells that take less than say, 25 int to use? That way you only end up with the spells you can use at 120. The weaker spells are there for lower level combat and so as you buy the better spells it shows you advancing, your magic getting more powerful as you do.

Some would still be useless. I've heard white dragon breath is crap, and it has the highest intelligence requirement.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:01 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Too many useless spells? Ok lets take out all the soul arrows. Hell lets take out all the spells that take less than say, 25 int to use? That way you only end up with the spells you can use at 120. The weaker spells are there for lower level combat and so as you buy the better spells it shows you advancing, your magic getting more powerful as you do.

Some would still be useless. I've heard white dragon breath is crap, and it has the highest intelligence requirement.

You've heard, but never used?
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:12 pm

In PvE its pretty useful, if you helping as a phantom. And you want to keep your CSS and HCSM for the boss battle.
    But in PvP... hell ... its just a free win for your opponent ... dont use it..
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:14 pm

It's boss if you use it in an in closed area; like Sen's or the Catacombs.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Slarg232 wrote:You've heard, but never used?

I don't have the Int requirement. I got sunlight spear instead (Which is awsome!). Although Logan tried to use it on me after he went crazy (asuming that made the crystals on the ground in front of him.).
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 pm

All spells are useful in PvE. But only a few are useful in PvP.
    Why does anyone focus on PvP so much when they say what's useful or not?
    More casts can be good when you fight a lot of enemies. If i can take out one hollow with a regular soul arrow(which has 20 uses) Then why the hell would i use SS or CSS?
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:44 pm

I havn't used dragon breath yet, but I've heard many people say the key to using it in pvp is not locking on. They dodge, and you hit them at the end of their roll. It's the same as using any slow weapon such as the ultra great hammers/swords/axes. Make them dodge the first swing, then rip them a new one when they try to bs you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am