Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Garl_Vinland
KingSeekerCow
steveswede
densetsushun
CappuccinoJak
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
BIG TIME MASTER
BLA1NE
RANT
Wade_Wilson
Elite Knight
Mr. Tart
17 posters

Dead Space 3

Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dead Space 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Dead Space 3

Post by Hydreigon11 Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Goddammit, no ability to skip the cutscenes, I might kill myself.

Anyway, I'm aware of the other modes, I just wanted to do NG+ for an impossible run with my friend and get all collectibles. I don't see the point of the post game upgrade circuits since any more playthroughs would most likely be on Pure survival etc.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/dead-space-3-awakened-dlc-revealed-6403417

Apparently the DLC will be part of the "darkest chapters" in the series. Sounds interesting, and i really hope these are good news.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:33 am

So I just loaded up my game after not playing for a day or so, and it dropped me right in the middle of a necro sandwich. I was out in the opened and had 4 of them right up on me surrounding me. Auto save is so lame.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Anyone feel like dropping 250 bucks on a limited watch?
    Limited Edition CEC Engineer watch worn by Isaac in Dead Space 3

I'd love one if it wasn't so expensive, sucks that only 500 will be produced sad
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 pm

While i like Isaacs clothes, i can't say the watch is something memorable. I wouldn't pay for it even if it was just 100$.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:52 pm

I disagree, that bronze coloured brushed metal is gorgeous and the face is amazing. I just wish it wasn't a right hand watch and that the strap was made of a better material.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:17 am

It just occurred to me that there's something that doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the plot. Throughout all the games, all the unitologists have wanted was to die and become servants of the marker, or necromorphs, so then why is it that when they get attacked by necromorphs on Tau Volantis that they try to fight them off? Wouldn't you think they'd just want to allow themselves to be assimilated?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 am

I would assume it's typical human behaviour. As much as they'd want to be one with the markers, i don't think enduring pain like that is something you'd want. Throughout the game you'll see them commit suicide every once in a while, one even saying that he wants to become a necromorph if i'm not mistaken. Taking your own life with little to no pain is probably prefered over lots of it.

Edit: Something that is also worth noting, if you're interested that is, is that not all Unitologists necessarily want to become necromorphs, or at the very least make all humanbeings necromorphs. silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:56 am

I'd argue that exercising the will to slit your own throat, as I've seen a group of them do already, would take more courage than it would to just allow yourself to be taken. At any rate, you'd think out of the massive numbers of them you fight, there'd be some fanatical true believers in there. It is, after all, their group's goal, which, just by being in the game, they're trying to carry out by attempting to hunt down Isaac in the first place. You'd think some in that group would see a necromorph and think it was miraculous, and submit themselves to it, the same way Dr. Mercer did in DS1. I just find it to be a bit flimsy that not a single one of them react that way. Sure, I'd buy that some of them react with panic and gunfire, but the fact that not a single one reacts the other way kinda hurts their story for me.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 am

Don't think too deeply into the story. If you pick at a wall made of dirt, it's gonna crumble.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 am

Well it's not hurting my enjoyment of the game or anything. I know you have to suspend disbelief to a certain degree when you play any video game, but I'm just a little taken aback by the fact that they thought to make scenes of groups of them committing mass suicide, but not soldiers who were spiritually overcome by the site of a necromorph. You'd think those two things would go hand in hand.

It seems like every time I run into groups of the two of them together, I'm figuring out ways to exploit it and get them to kill each other before either notices me. I'm just surprised that the necromorphs don't come out on top more often because the unitologists are trying to worship them essentially.

I mean come on. This is the same group of people we've seen fill cargo ships full of their cryogenically sealed bodies, so that they can transport themselves into the proximity of necros for the expressed purpose of assimilation
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:29 pm

So I went out yesterday to walk the dog, and I ended up stopping at the store to get a bottle of water and a treat to give her while we were out. I saw all the promotional Slim Jims, where you get codes for in-game content with each purchase, and figured I'd get one to give the dog, and get myself a free weapon at the same time. They're complete garbage, at least for DS3. You get the option of 3 different weapons, a unique Line Gun, Galvanizer, or Telemetry Spike. I went for the Line Gun because I don't really like the Galvanizers, and I have more TS parts than I know what to do with. The unique Line Gun, which is called the Broadbow Arc Cutter, has the exact same stats as the Negotiator Line Gun, but is by far the ugliest weapon in the game. All 3 are themed after Slim Jim packaging, so it's like a combination of orange, yellow, red, blue, white, and black. In other words its colors are pretty much themed after lasagna vomit. Granted it was free with the purchase of a dog treat, and if you don't have the Negotiator and like Line Guns then it might be worth it, but the ugliness of the weapon is hard to get past. Can't speak for the other two, because I didn't get them, but that's my two cents on the Arc Cutter.

Also, I take back what I said about the non-weapon modifier parts. I've been using a compact Ripper with an electrocution module for the last day or so, and it's an incredible weapon.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:58 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:So I went out yesterday to walk the dog, and I ended up stopping at the store to get a bottle of water and a treat to give her while we were out. I saw all the promotional Slim Jims, where you get codes for in-game content with each purchase, and figured I'd get one to give the dog, and get myself a free weapon at the same time. They're complete garbage, at least for DS3. You get the option of 3 different weapons, a unique Line Gun, Galvanizer, or Telemetry Spike. I went for the Line Gun because I don't really like the Galvanizers, and I have more TS parts than I know what to do with. The unique Line Gun, which is called the Broadbow Arc Cutter, has the exact same stats as the Negotiator Line Gun, but is by far the ugliest weapon in the game. All 3 are themed after Slim Jim packaging, so it's like a combination of orange, yellow, red, blue, white, and black. In other words its colors are pretty much themed after lasagna vomit. Granted it was free with the purchase of a dog treat, and if you don't have the Negotiator and like Line Guns then it might be worth it, but the ugliness of the weapon is hard to get past. Can't speak for the other two, because I didn't get them, but that's my two cents on the Arc Cutter.

Also, I take back what I said about the non-weapon modifier parts. I've been using a compact Ripper with an electrocution module for the last day or so, and it's an incredible weapon.

I broke my weapons in DS3. I have been using a Marauder Pulse Rifle with undermounted Rocket Launch with stasis and saftey guard as well as a contact beam that rips apart enemies and alt fire is a shockwave that knocks enemies away and sets them on fire.

The Weapon build arena is my best friend.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Yeah, I love the crafting arena. I have a pretty large arsenal, but at the moment I'm using a Pulse Rifle, with an underbarrel Evangelizer Shotgun with MK-V damage and Flame, and Bouncing Bolas with an underbarrel default tip Ripper with MK-V damage and stasis coating. I'm thinking about swapping my Bouncing Bolas out for something else though. There are times that I feel like it really produces results well, and times that I'm not sure if I like it at all. I'm a big fan of the Line Gun, and have access to the Negotiator tips, but if I did that I'd lose a lot of ammo capacity, because I couldn't use my MK-V parts with it. Still on the fence there. I love my Ripper and Pulse Rifle though. I think the Pulse Rifle is the best weapon in the game. At the very least it's the best rapid fire weapon. It's so versatile. Precision, full-auto or burst fire, speed, power, and low ammo consumption. I love it. I'd consider going marauder, but I don't know how comparable it'd be to my MK-V repeater tip.

The other weapons I've got that I'm really impressed with are an Planet Cracker plasma cutter with an underbarrel EG-900, that I upgraded almost completely with damage and reload speed, so it does decent damage, and has nearly instantaneous reloading, so might as well have an unlimited clip; and a chain gun with underbarrel rivet shotgun and lightning damage. The lightning damage pretty much stuns everything for a second, and those two weapons combined with increased speed can hold back mobs really effectively.

I'm guessing you're playing on the XLB? I want someone to play co-op missions with whose not going to just run through everything. I've got BTM lined up, but we never seem to be online at the same time.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

the reason why the unitologists fight the necromorphs is because there trying to stop you and they cant really do that when they've been cut to little pieces and also as for the game I love it its my favorite of the series and does not go down the more action path it still stays very much a survival horror and all games have first day DLC so its not something to hate dead space for
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:36 pm

nsane32 wrote:the reason why the unitologists fight the necromorphs is because there trying to stop you and they cant really do that when they've been cut to little pieces

That logic makes no sense. If that were case, they could just let the necromorphs try to do it. The necros are way better at it anyway. The unitologists fight the necromorphs because nobody thought about it. I'd bet money.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:44 pm

I'd say it's a case of the old gameplay vs story segregation :/
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:00 pm

I don't think it matters. I've seen both happen. I've seen the Necro's get killed by the Unitologists, as well as the Uniologists ignore the Necro's and target Issac.

'side, if I were a unitologist and saw a necromorph charging me, I'd pull the trigger. Sure convergence is great and all...but no way am I dying in a painful way.

As far as weapons go.

I love the Maruarder tool tip. It has a slower reload, but the damage output is great.

I loved the Chaingun...but I dunno...I just felt like I was wasing ammo.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:00 pm

It's when something doesn't make sense story wise but is there anyway because it's convenient for gameplay. Basically, devs are too lazy to think of a better solution. It happens often enough to warrant its own TvTropes page:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:
    'side, if I were a unitologist and saw a necromorph charging me, I'd pull the trigger. Sure convergence is great and all...but no way am I dying in a painful way.
    Unitologists regularly commit suicide and/or sacrifice themselves to infecters so they can have their precious convergence, I don't think they're shy to getting mauled by a necro.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:04 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    NPCWhiteMage wrote:
    Unitologists regularly commit suicide and/or sacrifice themselves to infecters so they can have their precious convergence, I don't think they're shy to getting mauled by a necro.

I was about to say the same thing. A bunch of them slit their own throats at one point. You can't exactly be squeamish and go through with something like that.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:09 pm

My girlfriend does bring up the point that despite our beliefs, however strong they may be, we as humans have a huge fear of death, but unitologists still regularly sacrifice themselves in the most horrific way for the convergence.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Exactly. I find it to be completely realistic that there'd be some that would panic and try to fight the necromorphs, but I find it completely unrealistic that there are both none who run away, and none who try to sacrifice themselves when they appear, considering the nature of their philosophy. Consider how much we've seen them do for convergence. Pretty much the entirely of the first game was fueled by the unitologist desire for convergence, a good portion of the second game was too, and when the third game starts they've overthrown Earthgov, which seems to essentially be the ruling class of the entire human race, all for the prospect of convergence.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Hence my point that it's a case of gameplay and story segregation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:24 pm