Princess Guard Covenant/Way of White Revamp

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Princess Guard Covenant/Way of White Revamp

Post by LunarFog on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am

Current items and use of Way of white:

...Um..Members are less likely to be invaded and find summon signs easier(maybe)

Current items and use of Princess Guard:

Ring of sun princess - Increases miracle synergy
    Bountiful sunlight/Soothing sunlight - healing spells

Alright. Well most would agree that both of these covenants are 2 of the 3 most useless covenants in the game. The general revamp would be to connect the 2 to make Way of White's effects of PROTECTION more apparent and to have the Princess Guards actually...GUARD something.

Way of White Revamp.:

Members can buy a covenant-exclusive ring (call it "White Ring") that activates when a a phantom invades(note: it doesn't activate when a host summons a hostile phantom through red sign soapstone, or the Dragon Eye). When a phantom invades, a Princess Guard is summoned to the hosts world, and disappears when all hostile phantoms are gone.

Princes Guard Revamp:

New content: Covenant ranks and bonuses, Ring of the Guardian, Protect the Sun Princess mode, Medallion of the Guard

Princess guard has 3 ranks.

Rank 0 - Player gets: Ring of Sun Princess, Ring of the Guardian

• Rank 1(10 points) - Faith requirement for Bountiful Sunlight and Soothing sunlight decrease by 5

• Rank 2(30 points) - Protect the Sun Princess option is unlocked Faith requirements for Bountiful sunlight and Soothing sunlight decrease by 5(10 in total)

• Rank 3(80 points) - Bountiful Sunlight and Soothing Sunlight stat requirements are decreased by 5(15 in total) and area of effect of both spells is increased.

Ring of Guardian - Upon joining the covenant, the character is given another ring called "Ring of Guardian". When wearing the ring, it works like Alvina's ring and the game automatically searches for a player wearing a "White Ring" with a hostile phantom in their world, and summons the player to the host's world as a "Phantom of Protection". Once all hostile phantoms are defeated, or the host goes into the boss room, the Phantom of Protection returns home.

Protect the Sun Princess option - When speaking to Gwynevere the player is given another option called "Protect Sun Princess". When you select the option you are summoned to another person's world in the boss room and you wait with Ornstein and Smough until the host comes. If the host comes in alone, Ornstein and Smough don't attack until you are killed. If the host enters with 1 or 2 phantoms, they both jump down at the start of the battle. You are fighting as a Princess Guard

Medallion of the Guard - Every time the player successfully defeats the Host in the Ornstein and Smough boss room, or defeats a hostile phantom while being summoned as a "Phantom of Protection" they are given a "Medallion of the Guard" which they can give to Gwynevere to rank up in the covenant.

Last edited by LunarFog on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:57 am; edited 3 times in total

KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Princess Guard Covenant/Way of White Revamp

Post by KingSeekerCow on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 am

And when will this happen? Haha. What is the three most useless convent?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:50 am

I think there are ideas there definitely worth exploring (I especially love the part about being summoned as a fight to open for O&S - that sounds awesome), my only question is: do we know if the WoW and Princess' Guard covenants are connected in any way in the lore? That has to be taken under consideration before we marry off those two covenants together.

Off the top of my head, the best that I can think of was that Havel was a bishop of the WoW and was one of Gwyn's mightiest fighters and Gwynevere is the daughter of Lord Gwyn, but that is, admittedly, flimsy at best.

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I think there are ideas there definitely worth exploring (I especially love the part about being summoned as a fight to open for O&S - that sounds awesome), my only question is: do we know if the WoW and Princess' Guard covenants are connected in any way in the lore? That has to be taken under consideration before we marry off those two covenants together.

Off the top of my head, the best that I can think of was that Havel was a bishop of the WoW and was one of Gwyn's mightiest fighters and Gwynevere is the daughter of Lord Gwyn, but that is, admittedly, flimsy at best.

Oh. Damn. I forgot to think about this lore-wise. It just seemed to fit so well in the game, what with Way of White wanting protection and Princess Guards needing something to protect.

Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 am

It would make sense lore-wise because the WoW was created by Lloyd, Gwyn's father. So in a way, it's the order of Gwyn. While the P. Guard is headed by Gywndolin/Gwynevere, who are children of Gwyn. What adds to it that they're connected is Replenishment, which increases from 10hp per second to 12 hp per second when you join the P. Guard.

vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Me likey.
    Would be pretty awesome.

Will you accept your darkened humanity or be toyed by the Gods?
    I chose the illusion of freedom.
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Automancer wrote:It would make sense lore-wise because the WoW was created by Lloyd, Gwyn's father. So in a way, it's the order of Gwyn. While the P. Guard is headed by Gywndolin/Gwynevere, who are children of Gwyn. What adds to it that they're connected is Replenishment, which increases from 10hp per second to 12 hp per second when you join the P. Guard.

Thank god. I was worried they just wouldn't be compatible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:56 pm