Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

befowler
    befowler

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by befowler Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Found a pretty foolproof way to get the slab near Kalameet without having to shoot him down or kill him first. Basically you just throw on flash sweat and make a beeline for the waterfall with the chest under it. Stand right next to the chest and just block downrange with a good shield; Kalameet will swoop in and firebreathe the whole area but he only hits the edge where you stand once or twice so you should survive. Then just open the chest, grab the slab, and homeward bone. Or you can let him kill you at that point with a ring of sacrifice on if you want to shoot him down later. That guaranteed slab can make a difference if you are doing the DLC pretty early on or at low sl, and this works consistently even if you are fatroll slow, as I often am with a ring of sacrifice on.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:41 pm

I did that but i just blocked with the heater shield evry time he did a flyby. didn't use flash sweat. doesn't Kal's breath do magic damage tho?
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:The status thing doesnt work on the arty shield, it never has unfortunately.

It's the same as the Spider Shield. It works in PvE but NOT In PvP...Learnd it the Hard Way.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm

befowler wrote:Found a pretty foolproof way to get the slab near Kalameet without having to shoot him down or kill him first. Basically you just throw on flash sweat and make a beeline for the waterfall with the chest under it. Stand right next to the chest and just block downrange with a good shield; Kalameet will swoop in and firebreathe the whole area but he only hits the edge where you stand once or twice so you should survive. Then just open the chest, grab the slab, and homeward bone. Or you can let him kill you at that point with a ring of sacrifice on if you want to shoot him down later. That guaranteed slab can make a difference if you are doing the DLC pretty early on or at low sl, and this works consistently even if you are fatroll slow, as I often am with a ring of sacrifice on.
    My strategy was ring of fog, edging the left side, grab the slab and hb before his fire hit. Got to ask Gough to shoot him down as well after that!
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:04 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:I did that but i just blocked with the heater shield evry time he did a flyby. didn't use flash sweat. doesn't Kal's breath do magic damage tho?

He's breath ''flames'' inflict Magic. Not Flame damage.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 pm

If you are lazy and want the slab and can use strong magic shield on a decent shield (or have high int) than cast it and just have your shield up. A sorcerer I have can cast it and take no stamina or health loss from his breath even if it is a direct hit.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:26 am

fujiphoenix wrote:I just figured out that having the gold tracer in your left hand and a pyro glove with black flame in your right makes for a killer stunlock combo. Just black flame them than follow up with a r2 from the GT. This combo destroys poise.
    Will it work in opposite hands as well?

befowler wrote:Found a pretty foolproof way to get the slab near Kalameet without having to shoot him down or kill him first. Basically you just throw on flash sweat and make a beeline for the waterfall with the chest under it. Stand right next to the chest and just block downrange with a good shield; Kalameet will swoop in and firebreathe the whole area but he only hits the edge where you stand once or twice so you should survive. Then just open the chest, grab the slab, and homeward bone. Or you can let him kill you at that point with a ring of sacrifice on if you want to shoot him down later. That guaranteed slab can make a difference if you are doing the DLC pretty early on or at low sl, and this works consistently even if you are fatroll slow, as I often am with a ring of sacrifice on.
    I usually just get down, run for the chest and wait for Kalameet. Time the opening of the chest to when his breath is about to hit me. His breath doesn't damage me this way, or if I time it right I get one hit, which is nothing major. Then I can pick up the Slab and run back to the ladder, or Homeward.

Also, don't use Flash Sweat, his breath does Magic damage, so it won't help you. GMB should do the trick.

Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Tactics getting the Slab from Kalameet? PFFFFFT.

I'D LEEROY IT. Well What is it
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 pm

That a good way to check if a chest is a mimic is to walk into it, since you can walk through them.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Does nobody look at their chains??? I figured out the difference because of the ones near the Dukes Archives.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Yep, if the chains are placed at you, is a mimic. If not, its just a friendly chest.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Pyro Glove does not show up while using Ring Of Fog. It just looks like you have nothing in your left hand.. Pretty nice for surprise attacks.

''OH. YOU HAVE LOW FIRE DEFENSE? I'LL JUST SHOT FIRE OUT OF MY HAND.''
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 pm

That Pricilla's "sleeves" are actually wings
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:46 pm

That going through the Zombie's Legs in the Painted World isn't the actual way of doing it, and that I missed out an entire chunk of that level...
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:Pyro Glove does not show up while using Ring Of Fog. It just looks like you have nothing in your left hand.. Pretty nice for surprise attacks.

Congrats for the non-Negative Rep Jester lol!
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:Pyro Glove does not show up while using Ring Of Fog. It just looks like you have nothing in your left hand.. Pretty nice for surprise attacks.

HOLY ****... I CAN SEE + AND - ...IT'S A NEW WORLD
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:
    Marino. wrote:

HOLY ****... I CAN SEE + AND - ...IT'S A NEW WORLD
    You got 2 + from me, because you really made me laugh with the last two posts. lol!

befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Everyone says the flames are 100% pure physical/magic, but flash sweat has helped me survive after I was getting killed on the same char. Plus it has no stat requirements unlike GMB so anyone can try it.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:33 pm

befowler wrote:Everyone says the flames are 100% pure physical/magic, but flash sweat has helped me survive after I was getting killed on the same char. Plus it has no stat requirements unlike GMB so anyone can try it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kalameets Breath attack was actually a combination of physical, fire, and magic damage.

Way to throw a curveball From.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:14 pm

befowler wrote:Everyone says the flames are 100% pure physical/magic, but flash sweat has helped me survive after I was getting killed on the same char. Plus it has no stat requirements unlike GMB so anyone can try it.
    Simple test.
    Block it with Crest Shield and with Dragon Crest Shield and see the difference.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:24 pm

RedderAI wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kalameets Breath attack was actually a combination of physical, fire, and magic damage.

Image hosted by servimg.com

lol Just kidding, but the prospect of Kalmeet's breath being any kind of pure damage terrifies me.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Spoiler:

Should have been a monocle, Kalameet has one eye
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    fujiphoenix wrote:I just figured out that having the gold tracer in your left hand and a pyro glove with black flame in your right makes for a killer stunlock combo. Just black flame them than follow up with a r2 from the GT. This combo destroys poise.
    Will it work in opposite hands as well?

I would assume so, but my set up is silver tracer in the main hand and gold in the left because its a Cirian build. So I use the flame in the right to preserve her weapon set up.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:56 pm

RedderAI wrote:

I actually did some tests with the flame and magic stoneplate rings, and it definitely does do a mix of magic and fire. The magic stoneplate ended up protecting me from more damage than the flame stoneplate did in the end though. I can't remember the exact numbers.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:02 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    RedderAI wrote:

I actually did some tests with the flame and magic stoneplate rings, and it definitely does do a mix of magic and fire. The magic stoneplate ended up protecting me from more damage than the flame stoneplate did in the end though. I can't remember the exact numbers.

should try the speckled stone ring, it might turn out to have a use after all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 am