Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Aznul Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 am

SlakeMoth wrote:The fireball hurling giant at the top of Sens can be killed by shooting him to death. Position yourself near the steps leading to the first platform where the fireballs land and look up. You'll see him quite clearly. Just arrow him to death, takes a while but it's better than being roasted before you get to the bonfire. Poison arrows work too.

Hah, that is how I always deal with him nowadays. Only ever actually got up to his perch to kill him once, and that time I just spammed arrows from inside the spiral staircase. The only problem with shooting him from right before the first schorched ground spot he can hit, is that it seems you can only hit him during his throw animation (when he pulls back and swings forward to toss his hatred at you, or he is trolling and the hatred is mine Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 3358384175) which makes killing him a bit slower than it could be. But hitting him with the black bow of pharis is pretty easy, so I just always snipe with a few poison arrows, then switch to normal till the poison wears off and re-apply it then.

You can also kill the giant that drops the boulders in the hole. This stops the boulders from spawning down below, but he comes back if you rest at a bonfire.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Aznul Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:19 am

I discovered that despite much of what I have heard, my magic black bow of pharis +10 really does do some magic damage. I know it does because I was dealing chip damage on blocking black knights in the kiln. It was very very low damage, but present nonetheless.

I also discovered that I prefer my enchanted hand ax over an enchanted katana, at least for pve silly. Hand ax is surprisingly much faster and lighter, as well as possibly doing more damage, but of course this is an int build using enchanted or magic weapons for melee, and killing tougher enemies with spells.

Also discovered that the chart on co-op levels for each boss may no longer be as accurate as before. Waited for quite a while at recommended levels in several areas with zero summons (as a sunbro, seriously I should have been summoned at least once, who doesn't love sunbros?)
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 am

Aznul wrote:I

Also discovered that the chart on co-op levels for each boss may no longer be as accurate as before. Waited for quite a while at recommended levels in several areas with zero summons (as a sunbro, seriously I should have been summoned at least once, who doesn't love sunbros?)

Didn't they change sunbros extra range back down to match everyone else in a patch?
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:24 am

Possibly, though I didn't think that was the only thing that made it easier for sunbros to get summoned for jolly co-operation.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 am

I never noticed that if you kill Manus and talk to the Firelink Firekeeper she talks about how the curse of the undead will now be lifted and then she tanks you.

Or it might be from killing the Four Lords, I just never talked to her after doing such things before.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:42 am

Tolvo wrote:I never noticed that if you kill Manus and talk to the Firelink Firekeeper she talks about how the curse of the undead will now be lifted and then she tanks you.

Or it might be from killing the Four Lords, I just never talked to her after doing such things before.

I guess it happens after you place the lordvessel and offer first lord soul.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 am

Tolvo wrote:I never noticed that if you kill Manus and talk to the Firelink Firekeeper she talks about how the curse of the undead will now be lifted and then she tanks you.

She told me this even before DLC. I think you need to kill at least one Lord for her to say this.

If I remember correctly, she says that Frampt told her that you will soon remove the curse of the undead. Makes one wonder how the hell did they talk to each other. Think Frampt stretched his ugly face all the way to her, or they simply shouted at each other?
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 am

^ Frampt can come from anywhere. My avatar is the proof ------------------------>
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21 am

Murkulanvippi wrote:I guess it happens after you place the lordvessel and offer first lord soul.
    That's it. She will also kindle the bonfire to 20 flasks.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 am

ublug wrote:
    Murkulanvippi wrote:I guess it happens after you place the lordvessel and offer first lord soul.
    What?
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 am

Hachouma wrote:
    ublug wrote:
    What?

Yeah, that's right.
    I think not many people bother to talk to her after she says: leave me be.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:59 am

ublug wrote:
    I usually have Pinwheel killed at this point and have Firelink bonfire at 20. What am I missing? Does the Firekeeper kindle the bonfire to 20 if I do something?
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 am

Sentiel wrote:
    ublug wrote:
    I usually have Pinwheel killed at this point and have Firelink bonfire at 20. What am I missing? Does the Firekeeper kindle the bonfire to 20 if I do something?

After you offer the first lord soul and talk to her after offering, she kindels to 20 estus flasks
    bla
    Regular
    Regular

Post by bla Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 am

Yup.

After I found that out I've always used. I don't kindle that much but those 20 flask are a useful for cleaning up areas without even going to bonfires. I think I've done the archives in one go once with them.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 am

Murkulanvippi wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    ublug wrote:

After you offer the first lord soul and talk to her after offering, she kindels to 20 estus flasks
    Awesome. I never knew.
    Thank you. winking
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Sentiel wrote:Awesome. I never knew.
    Thank you. winking
    Btw, she will only do this if you restore her after lautrec has killed her.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:54 pm

ublug wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Awesome. I never knew.
    Thank you. winking
    Btw, she will only do this if you restore her after lautrec has killed her.
    I always do that. For some reason, even if I super rush to make a PvP build I never neglect questing and NPCs. Also, I kind of like her voice. :oops:
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:32 pm

For the longest time I had mistaken a shield's attack power or w/e for its stability. Which is why I was using a black iron greatshield for so long. I'm still going to keep it around for the fire defense, but I'll give the Arty GS a try out for the status nullment on blocked attacks.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:56 pm

The status thing doesnt work on the arty shield, it never has unfortunately.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:59 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:The status thing doesnt work on the arty shield, it never has unfortunately.

I know it said it didn't work against AoE attacks, but bleed/poison doesn't work either?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:The status thing doesnt work on the arty shield, it never has unfortunately.

It does work for me. At least in PvE. I don't know about PvP though. I remember someone saying that it doesn't work in PvP but I have never tested it personally.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:03 pm

I just figured out that having the gold tracer in your left hand and a pyro glove with black flame in your right makes for a killer stunlock combo. Just black flame them than follow up with a r2 from the GT. This combo destroys poise.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:Fighting Tanks makes me WAYYY too confident. I went into NG+9 so i could spare Taurus and have a good PvP area and i Summoned a FULL HAVELS. He had Dragon tooth and everything.

After i saw him Fat roll, i started playing with him. I poisoned him and ran away (D*ck move.) He didn't have any Purple Moss so it was Me + Poison Vs. Him, He tried to hit me but I parried him but never Riposted, I was trolling the Kid.

He ran away And used a Humanity, don't blame him. He was gettin his A** handed too him anyway Shrug I played with him for 2 or 3 more Minutes AND HE GOT A HIT ON ME. He backstabbed me (Hornet Ring) and my HP went from 2100 to 1000...THAT'S ALOT OF DAMAGE. Of course, when i saw that. I bombarded him with Fireballs... Hurrah (He died by Poison, btw.)

Facinating tale and all but...What did you discover ? lol!

I said it in the first Sentence... ''Fighting Tanks makes me WAYYY too confident.'' :3
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:13 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:I just figured out that having the gold tracer in your left hand and a pyro glove with black flame in your right makes for a killer stunlock combo. Just black flame them than follow up with a r2 from the GT. This combo destroys poise.

AND YOU HAD TO TELL EVERYONE THAT.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Also I found a little shortcut, it's not huge or anything, in the tomb of giants. Right on the first little coffin bridge thing you can see a little platform that you can jump to and it pretty much leads straight to the first bonfire if you're willing to run past a skeleton or two.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am