Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 9 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:05 pm

^ That's actually a really good idea in theory. Despite the fact that it's always going to be hard to justify not going with the slab instead. Even if you don't really need one for anything.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 9 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I can farm slabs. The ring, albeit useless, is one of a kind.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:27 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    RedderAI wrote:
    befowler wrote:Everyone says the flames are 100% pure physical/magic, but flash sweat has helped me survive after I was getting killed on the same char. Plus it has no stat requirements unlike GMB so anyone can try it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kalameets Breath attack was actually a combination of physical, fire, and magic damage.

Way to throw a curveball From.

I actually did some tests with the flame and magic stoneplate rings, and it definitely does do a mix of magic and fire. The magic stoneplate ended up protecting me from more damage than the flame stoneplate did in the end though. I can't remember the exact numbers.

Aha! I knew it. Kalameet is one wierd boss. Best boss IMO.

Are there any other weapons/enemies that have three forms of damage in one attack??? I don't think so but I keep findin new things out everyday.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 pm

I was wondering why in ng+ there were red NPCs that looked like invaders all over the place, only ever noticed it on PC (I play the game on ps3 and xbox too) so I thought it was probably a bug and I've read that it actually can be a bug... Then I read up a bit more on Gravelording..... What an evil covenant silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm

^ The wobbly bridge in Blight Town is an awesome spot to do it.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 pm

^ omg... die in a pyre silly

Spoiler:
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 pm

The best place is to learn where the black phantoms are and place it within their aggro range. For example, in the township there is a black phantom bloathead sorceress that spawns with the group of 4 bloatheads that you see when leaving the bonfire. That should make for a lovely vagrant spawner.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:44 pm

hey its andres wrote:The best place is to learn where the black phantoms are and place it within their aggro range. For example, in the township there is a black phantom bloathead sorceress that spawns with the group of 4 bloatheads that you see when leaving the bonfire. That should make for a lovely vagrant spawner.

I've never gravelorded before but upon learning this little tidbit i have the sudden urge to do it. The BP Chained Prisoner comes to mind immeadietly.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Oh God, chained prisoner phantoms would just sandwich everyone. Best place to Gravelord ever, as long as you don't mind the wait.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Do you get anything when they die to a BP now? You never used to unfortunately.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Today I found out that the chameleon spell actually has an effect in pve. It will de-aggro enemies if you cast it out of their sight (after running away) and stay completely stationary. I never knew, thought it was a pvp only spell.
    I also learned that the spell will break if you move to an area that transforms you into a different object than the one you are disguised as.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Do you get anything when they die to a BP now? You never used to unfortunately.

You get nothing but the satisfaction of having successfully ruined someone's day. Gravelording has never been about obtaining an item; it's about spreading misery by leading people to their doom.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:27 pm

I remember reading somewhere that GL's got humanity now :/ Oh well...
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Really I haven't heard anything about that, but it has been a while since my last gravelord...hmm I feel an experiment coming on.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:34 am

Kalameet can, and will, get you while you climb up the stairs. Even the top isn't safe, he'll jump up and roast you. :shock:
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Kalameet can, and will, get you while you climb up the stairs. Even the top isn't safe, he'll jump up and roast you. :shock:

God damn it, we are all doomed... Prostration Because in dark souls theres no safe spots. We have "insta-death spot" and "you will die eventually spots".

Whatever. I just discover that the vagrants are named in the game manual O.O Always guessed they were some kind of easter egg.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:50 am

I just discovered that those fire spitting Blighttown creatures can crap on you :x
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:18 am

densetsushun wrote:I just discovered that those fire spitting Blighttown creatures can crap on you :x

Wait, what? I always killed them quickly so I really only ever see the fire breath or front leg swing but THIS? This kind of thing would infuriate me.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Ashran wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Kalameet can, and will, get you while you climb up the stairs. Even the top isn't safe, he'll jump up and roast you. :shock:

God damn it, we are all doomed... Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 9 1330857165 Because in dark souls theres no safe spots. We have "insta-death spot" and "you will die eventually spots".

Whatever. I just discover that the vagrants are named in the game manual O.O Always guessed they were some kind of easter egg.

I don't think they were ever supposed to be so rare.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:22 pm

I found this out the hard way. I thought I could climb back up and stab him from the falls. Didn't work.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Aznul wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:I just discovered that those fire spitting Blighttown creatures can crap on you :x
    Wait, what? I always killed them quickly so I really only ever see the fire breath or front leg swing but THIS? This kind of thing would infuriate me.
    Yeah, they will 'crap' small lava blobs if you stand behind them.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:42 pm

ublug wrote:
    Aznul wrote:
    Yeah, they will 'crap' small lava blobs if you stand behind them.
    I'm starting to see a theme in Blighttown. Come to think of it, it's below the depths which sort of resembles some kind of sewer system...

🇳🇴

Edit: I propose we refer to said area as "Shait(purposefully misspelled) town" from now on.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm

^ the word blast is a synonym of blight.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:51 pm

If you try, you can catapult ragdolls by ninjaflipping in them!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Ashran wrote:If you try, you can catapult ragdolls by ninjaflipping in them!

The "Push" from a Curved Sword like the Falchion launches them better than the Ninja flip .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:51 am