Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Nybbles
Carphil
RedderAI
Rynn
Sloth9230
LunarFog
Soris Ice Goldwing
callipygias
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
Jester's Tears
16 posters

CAN'T Trust Mages.

Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

CAN'T Trust Mages.  Empty CAN'T Trust Mages.

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 pm

I was PvP'ing with my Friend and Since he is lvl 400 and Im 280'ish, he summoned me as a Red. After **** around, we got an Invader.

He looked like a Melee build, he waved and Other stuff. Showing that he was friendly. After walking around, i noticed he switched from staff and back To sword fast, probably by accident.

I'm known by my Friend (He didn't see the Staff) to HATE. Mages, he mostly agree. So after i saw that Staff my security level went over 9001 and Switched to Black Knight Greatsword and Hornet Ring (Second weapon slot.)

After that i was mostly behind him, He must have forgoten about me since he Equiped staff and Starting casting, YEAH. HE DIDN'T GET FAR BEFORE I SMASHED HIS BACK. My friend went all ''WTF'' in our Chat Room and all i said was ''Mage.'' and he just answeared ''Ahhhh...''

CAN'T TRUST DEM MAGES.(Also, i hate Mages...In case you didn't get it...HATE them.)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

CAN'T Trust Mages.  Empty Re: CAN'T Trust Mages.

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Its the internet yo, can't trust anybody. And they are an invader.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm a mage, come at me bro. CAN'T Trust Mages.  3596227959
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Well, at least one mage probably isn't too fond of you either.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I'm a mage, come at me bro. CAN'T Trust Mages.  3596227959

I'LL FIND YOU. AND I WILL MAKE YOU USE ALL YOUR SPELLS TRYING TO HIT ME.
    AND AFTER THAT I'LL HIDE.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 pm

LMAO
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Never trust anybody in light armor, there may be a staff. Here is an interesting thing about white crystal breath magic: Fought some guy in the arena with havels gear (oh joy) and half way through he takes out a staff and moves away from the lock on. He then starts rotating and casting the spell. Turns out the animation stops where you are and hits even if you dodge to the side.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Never trust anybody in light armor, there may be a staff. Here is an interesting thing about white crystal breath magic: Fought some guy in the arena with havels gear (oh joy) and half way through he takes out a staff and moves away from the lock on. He then starts rotating and casting the spell. Turns out the animation stops where you are and hits even if you dodge to the side.

Yup, There's something Fishy when you see a Light Rolling Melee build without A Talisman.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Yeah, I can dodge nearly every magic spell in this game aside from the pursurers. I fought more mages with that spell than any other. That's why I use pyromancy. Its stuns your poise, takes a good chunk of your health and gives me some breathing room. Just try to come at me with a spell and see what happens.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Yeah, I can dodge nearly every magic spell in this game aside from the pursurers. I fought more mages with that spell than any other. That's why I use pyromancy. Its stuns your poise, takes a good chunk of your health and gives me some breathing room. Just try to come at me with a spell and see what happens.

I prefer Great Magic Barrier and the Stoneplate Ring that blocks 50% Magic damage. (WHEN i don't need a Ring)
    Just walk trough EVERYTHING. (Until GMB wears off and you gotta Fat Roll everything.)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm a pyro a lot of the time actually. This one. http://mmdks.com/hz8

I'm no less trustworthy because I cast. I don't interfere with ongoing fights unless its a gank squad. Ever. No skill in roasting someone who's occupied.

BTW, I never run completely out of spells, I only need to land 2 casts to kill most builds, 3 for the rest. GC for 600, gcfb for 800 (1k if you fail a dodge) plus at least 300 lave, tempest for 2000-3300.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm a pyro a lot of the time actually. This one. http://mmdks.com/hz8

I'm no less trustworthy because I cast. I don't interfere with ongoing fights unless its a gank squad. Ever. No skill in roasting someone who's occupied.

BTW, I never run completely out of spells, I only need to land 2 casts to kill most builds, 3 for the rest. GC for 600, gcfb for 800 (1k if you fail a dodge) plus at least 300 lave, tempest for 2000-3300.

I don't know but even If Pyros can give out up to 3K Damage. I think they're balanced. Their big hitters are Slow (Even with Dex) and They're attacks leaves them OPEN FOR ANYTHING. Mages will already be on their Jolly Rolling way before you react.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

While I'll admit that must be funny to see them freak out, I would use that but it would require that I put points to int. I can use pyromancy without it and from my research it's just easier to dodge and hit them, since some of those spells leave them open.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't like mages either. They just seem like the sketchiest group of people
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Not really very open, just as with avoiding spells, its all in the positioning. If one tries to close on a gcfb for a punish they're taking 1100 damage to the face and attacking into a tempest is suicidal but its not easy to escape from in time at 40 dex.

I'm not arguing that int is or isn't better, I'm arguing that they're comparable and just because one is a mage isn't a reason not to trust them. Don't trust them because its the internet and anonymous people are pricks.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:49 pm

You still have Nice Invaders who Helps you instead of Attacking. (VERY. VERY RARE).

I've just had a Bad history with Mages since I THINK it's ******** that you can Get ONE HIT K.O by a Half Naked guy wearing Wings on his head (UNLESS. SHE'S A GIRL. THEN IT'S FINE) and a Fancy staff with Crystals.

(AT LEAST WITH PYRO, IT LOOKS AWESOME.)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:59 pm

They can be 1-hit-killed by a dagger, or a buffed weapon crit, or by any other caster or counter damage from heavy weapons. And mages damage is stopped cold by gmb or vos. The ability to kill in 1 hit is everywhere, mages can do it at range, but those spells are incredibly hard to hit with, save db which is useless at range.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:They can be 1-hit-killed by a dagger, or a buffed weapon crit, or by any other caster or counter damage from heavy weapons. And mages damage is stopped cold by gmb or vos. The ability to kill in 1 hit is everywhere, mages can do it at range, but those spells are incredibly hard to hit with, save db which is useless at range.

(HOW I see it.)
    Backstabbers are pretty easy to Counter.
    Heavy Weapons are slow, explains itself.
    Mages (And any other ranged attack) can hit you EVEN when you're not CLOSE to the attack. That's the work of a Little Devil we call LAG.

Lag does everything Harder but I think it Gives Mages a huge advantage.
    (Now i'm gonna sleep so don't expect any Smart comments in a while :3)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Today while forest Invading, I ran past a couple ogankers And they just start swinging even though I'm like 30 ft away. Next thing you know I start taking damage and then I get backstabbed out of nowhere. And as my phantom fades away I teleport next to the host.

Even though I'm mostly a mage, I can tell you that lag was not on my side this time.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Lag is the true enemy to us. Anyway if anything the mage has the advantage of dealing powerful hits without being close to you. I think the use of dark magic made them more of a threat than before.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 am

You know, I was going to object to this thread, until I realised, I don't trust a mage. I feel comfortable next to a pyromancer, and a Faith build, but when a mage get's near me, I just stop attacking and wait until 12 casts of dark bead occur.

Because I know they will.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

Rynn wrote:You know, I was going to object to this thread, until I realised, I don't trust a mage. I feel comfortable next to a pyromancer, and a Faith build, but when a mage get's near me, I just stop attacking and wait until 12 casts of dark bead occur.

Well If I keep missing, of course I'm gonna have to shoot again lol
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am

I usually rock a pure-dex build. No sorceries, miracles or pyros. It really puts the odds against you when your not able to buff, use long range attacks (except for bows), stairs changes, ape attacks. It's just you and your trusty equipment. I find the game to be far more enjoyable as a fast-rolling, sword swashing, ninja-esque, powerhouse..... Who can't take too heavy of hits. I just don't like magic period. No fun just spamming spell after spell. It also just seems to make the fights too unbalanced. It's seems to me that EVERYONE has at least one type of magic. I only rock pyro (cause fire is awesome) because its not a total investment, it's fun to use, simple to use , nice aoe, and the flame doesn't weigh a thing.

I once fought someone with a moonlight great sword, talisman, sorceries and pyro hand. All they did was bs fish and spam different things at me. And of course they had the lopsided crown on. I don't like Mages either. Untrustworthy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:You know, I was going to object to this thread, until I realised, I don't trust a mage. I feel comfortable next to a pyromancer, and a Faith build, but when a mage get's near me, I just stop attacking and wait until 12 casts of dark bead occur.

Well If I keep missing, of course I'm gonna have to shoot again lol
    That's the thing though, I can't just you specifically, but as a majority, mages spam far worse then the WoG crew ever did. Wrath of the Gods was very avoidable, but it was annoying when it got spammed...

Dark Bead is really annoying, but easily avoidable. It tends to get spammed, and it can one shot you.

Mages have become the "****-tier" casters as a result. I'm not complaining, but, just like I used to not trust a talisman, I don't trust a catalyst anymore.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 am

I no longer trust anyone

Just the other day me and this guy were having a duel with our Sunlight Swag swords, As soon as he got close to dying he ran away and flasked, I ran in to punish hinm and boom *darkbead to the face.

I do like Spam Gankers though, it's fun knowing that one mistake from them leads to instant death. In Duels, I'll take off my Sorcery boosting gear and use it every now and then, mostly to break gaurds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:04 pm