Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
BrotherBob
Thundergrip
DoughGuy
Ghadis_God
FruitPunchNinja
aceluby
Hatsune Miku
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
ChizFreak
CrackedMarbles
Phoenix Rising
Back Lot Basher
Tomhet
Lulzee
reim0027
CaligoIllioneus
Glutebrah
Xskulled
Nybbles
Rudmed
XachAttack
Odinbear
billy_bayonet
OrnsteinFanBoy
Rynn
Juutas
The_Hallion
Gazman0169
hey its andres
sunbro
Sentiel
BIG TIME MASTER
steveswede
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
raecor14
41 posters

Dark magic wrecking the game

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark magic wrecking the game - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark magic wrecking the game

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:08 am

Honestly, rae, the best solution for you is to stop fighting random people and only set up matches with people you know that don't use dark magic.

Judging from reading your previous comments, it seems you've no, or at least very little, desire to better yourself against it. If I'm wrong on this then feel free to correct me, but regardless, my first point stands.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 am

Tomhet wrote:Ah people whining about more stuff. Magic is finally viable in PvP, so yeah, it's supposed to kill you. Lag you say? Well, lagstabs exist and there's no way around that, so just because there's lag there shouldn't be backstabs? That's ridiculous.

Well...everyone is also complaining about lagstabs so...big grin
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:03 am

Tomhet wrote:Well, lagstabs exist and there's no way around that, so just because there's lag there shouldn't be backstabs? That's ridiculous.
    Backstabs should be removed from the game, the feature is never used appropriately or in a sneaky manner. Backstabs should not work if the target is locked on.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:07 am

i actually have no problem with back-stabs. they pissed me off at first but this game would suck without them and daggers would be useless, same with WOG faith has NOTHING else going for it. STR has poise break and dex has speed
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:09 am

raecor14 wrote:i actually have no problem with back-stabs. they pissed me off at first but this game would suck without them and daggers would be useless, same with WOG faith has NOTHING else going for it. STR has poise break and dex has speed
    Daggers would still have their damage from backstabs, but you'd no longer be capable of backstab fishing. You'd have to sneak up on the person you're fighting, and actually get an assassination.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:13 am

Yeah, From could really work on the stealth gameplay on next souls game and remove the retarted "XXXX Has invaded" pop up.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 am

Juutas wrote:Yeah, From could really work on the stealth gameplay on next souls game and remove the retarted "XXXX Has invaded" pop up.
    I agree, I think that like a +3 darkwraith or darkmoon should no longer have their invasions announced.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 am

if they could do it right that would be AWESOME but that would require changing the game and i'm not OK with that
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:47 am

Juutas wrote:Yeah, From could really work on the stealth gameplay on next souls game and remove the retarted "XXXX Has invaded" pop up.
    In Forest and dark Anor Londo I sometimes get invaded without the notification. I'm sure it's due to lag, or something, but it's still pretty suprising when you get bs all of a sudden.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:33 am

I think that From could really toy with this stealth thing much more. Instead of huge text box popping up, they could give the player other signs that his/her world is being invaded (torches could flicker more, enemies could act restless...etc.) suddle things that you could miss, but you would notice if you keep focused.
    Also stealthy armor should make the player very hard to see by the enemy and when standing still it could hide you completely, or something...don't know...interesting ways to expand the stealth side of the game is needed in the next souls-title.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:54 am

Juutas wrote:I think that From could really toy with this stealth thing much more. Instead of huge text box popping up, they could give the player other signs that his/her world is being invaded (torches could flicker more, enemies could act restless...etc.) suddle things that you could miss, but you would notice if you keep focused.
    Also stealthy armor should make the player very hard to see by the enemy and when standing still it could hide you completely, or something...don't know...interesting ways to expand the stealth side of the game is needed in the next souls-title.
    Well, if you use armor with similar colours as your surroundings and put on Ring of Fog, you are pretty much invisible.
    With Brass armor set and RoF, I was hiding from invaders in Anor Londo until they gave up. Which is usually 5-10 minutes of Hide&Seek.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Juutas wrote:I think that From could really toy with this stealth thing much more. Instead of huge text box popping up, they could give the player other signs that his/her world is being invaded (torches could flicker more, enemies could act restless...etc.) suddle things that you could miss, but you would notice if you keep focused.
    Well, if you use armor with similar colours as your surroundings and put on Ring of Fog, you are pretty much invisible.
    With Brass armor set and RoF, I was hiding from invaders in Anor Londo until they gave up. Which is usually 5-10 minutes of Hide&Seek.

Yeah, I know, I play "find waldo" every now and then where I just hide from my enemies. It's fun but stealth needs more of that mmmgh! in it big grin
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Rynn wrote:
    I agree, I think that like a +3 darkwraith or darkmoon should no longer have their invasions announced.

I've been minding my own business and I have not seen the message pop up. So when I'm clearing out a mob, and some red dude stabs me in the back I often have one of those, "WTF? Where did he come from?"
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 pm

The stealth idea is kinda meh for me but I can see the appeal if it was part of some assassin covenant. There is the issue of the host leaving the game. Do you lock them out like you do now or can they quit the game while they have an invader in their world.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm

steveswede wrote:The stealth idea is kinda meh for me but I can see the appeal if it was part of some assassin covenant. There is the issue of the host leaving the game. Do you lock them out like you do now or can they quit the game while they have an invader in their world.
    I got a good tip if they do that. If your host dc, or leaves, you can do one thing to really annoy them.

Gravelord. :mask-averice:

Since you were connected you can insta Gravelord his world and he has the local boss alive, so he's in one hell of a show. He may manage to invade you and you can get your revenge. big grin
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Juutas wrote:CASTERS BE ORIGINAL PLEASE and please please use your weapons too every once in a while.
    Originality and variety is always nice to see more no matter what your "class" is.
    I'm not a magic guy myself, but I bet there can be more to it than running away and casting (x1000).

This.

I've played lots of caster classes, but when PvP starts, my sword is the first thing to come out. Fought a guy yesterday in the Kiln with a 120 mage. I wore a Witch's cloak and was armed with an enchanted estoc. Even though I lost, I beat the guy on a couple of sweet, clean moves and the whole thing felt like a good fight. I didn't cast a single spell.

Normally, I try to mix it up. Cast some homing soulmass to teach the enemy caution. Then go to the sword and try to get in a good strike or two, just so he/she knows I'm not a one-trick pony. Don't get me wrong...I still lose a lot. But I try to keep it respectable.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:23 pm

I think this is actually the way it was before the very first patch...if you used a cracked redeye it would announce the invasion and regular redeye it wouldn't. But they took that feature out because people whined about it. Go figure...
    CrackedMarbles
    CrackedMarbles

Post by CrackedMarbles Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Lulzee wrote:I'm fairly new to PvP. I've only been doing it for a little over a week and perhaps it's just me but dark magic I didn't find too hard to avoid. Sure, lag can cause problems but that can be applied to any aspect of the game whether it be getting backstabbed or simply getting pancaked by a Dragon's Tooth. Pursuers, I roll, DB, I roll, as goes for all magics. Before, it was ninja flipping fatties, WoG and glitching. Now, it's supposedly Dark Magic. I understand fat rolling could make this a little tougher but since you're a fat roller I presume you have high vitality and some sort of shield which should help. Just my opinion that things seem to be the most balanced as it's been.

So much this. I've not done more than maybe 5 pvp encounters (most of them against twinks as I try to do the Parish and hackers, but the hackers were easy to kill lol), and I've NEVER had trouble with Dark Magics. It's as simple as rolling to the side or hitting them before the cast finishes in the case of dark bead, and if pursuers are eating your head, try hidden body or a ring of fog.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:24 pm

in all respect people who like dark bead, your wrong. in the games
    mechanic magic is a powerful RANGED attack. some spells could one shot
    me in full giants armor and like 36 vit with the FAP ring on if they
    where built correctly making it the most feared of the ranged attacks.
    now if you wanted me medium to close range attacks you should have
    chosen a pyromancy or faith. now they have an unfair advantage, a close
    spell that has NO HIGHER REQUIREMENTS. look at it like this, the pike,
    who is the most effective spear has super high requirements to utilize
    this HEAVY bit of weaponry. dark bead has 1 attunement slot, well ok i
    guess a serious mage would have enough of a hard time with that.....wait
    16 intelligence requirement? MY FAITH BUILD COULD USE THIS. that my
    respected players and friends, is why i hate the dark bead. /close rant
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:29 pm

As I've said previously, I disagree to DB being OP, however, I think that it's requirements of 16 Int are too low and should be higher, especially considering the power it has on 16 Int, even with basic catalyst.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

raecor14 wrote:wait
    16 intelligence requirement? MY FAITH BUILD COULD USE THIS.
    ^^^^^^
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Sentiel wrote:As I've said previously, I disagree to DB being OP, however, I think that it's requirements of 16 Int are too low and should be higher, especially considering the power it has on 16 Int, even with basic catalyst.

yea 16 is low, they could have dome something like they did with HCSM, at 16 int it only shoots 2 orbs, at 20 it shoots 3.. etc..
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:As I've said previously, I disagree to DB being OP, however, I think that it's requirements of 16 Int are too low and should be higher, especially considering the power it has on 16 Int, even with basic catalyst.

yea 16 is low, they could have dome something like they did with HCSM, at 16 int it only shoots 2 orbs, at 20 it shoots 3.. etc..
    This sounds like a good idea.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:50 pm

that may make me less butt hurt
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 pm

GMB, Vow of Silence, or learn to dodge. Those are they effficent ways to counter Dark Magic. Against Dark Bead, you can block it, most of the time only 2 or 3 will hit you for negligible damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:48 pm