Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
BrotherBob
Thundergrip
DoughGuy
Ghadis_God
FruitPunchNinja
aceluby
Hatsune Miku
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
ChizFreak
CrackedMarbles
Phoenix Rising
Back Lot Basher
Tomhet
Lulzee
reim0027
CaligoIllioneus
Glutebrah
Xskulled
Nybbles
Rudmed
XachAttack
Odinbear
billy_bayonet
OrnsteinFanBoy
Rynn
Juutas
The_Hallion
Gazman0169
hey its andres
sunbro
Sentiel
BIG TIME MASTER
steveswede
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
raecor14
41 posters

Dark magic wrecking the game

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Dark magic wrecking the game - Page 5 Empty Re: Dark magic wrecking the game

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:00 pm

How much does Great Soul Arrow do? silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Great Heavy Soul Arrow does 2000.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Uhhh maybe with 99int and TCC, even then i'm not sure. You're talking actual damage, to someone with average armor...idk
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Uhhh maybe with 99int and TCC, even then i'm not sure. You're talking actual damage, to someone with average armor...idk
    Usually I hit people at the end of rolls because I fight without lockon to hit people. So I tend to get counter damage. Keep that in mind.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:05 am

DOUGH don't abandon your fellow Australian , what are we if not haters of extra work :') god bless our country. on a side note, until i have a boomerang to even out the dark magic butt hurt, i shall continue to complain. i'm sad this will be my legacy ahahahaha
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:08 am

raecor14 wrote:DOUGH don't abandon your fellow Australian , what are we if not haters of extra work :') god bless our country. on a side note, until i have a boomerang to even out the dark magic butt hurt, i shall continue to complain. i'm sad this will be my legacy ahahahaha

They got boomerangs in "Ty the Tasmanian Tiger" lol
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:39 am

big grin winning. seriously, if magic can be close ranged then i want the ability to chuck my weapons at my foe then boomerang them before they can even start to cast
    Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sciarry Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 am

I agree!!! OMG!
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:39 am

raecor14 wrote:big grin winning. seriously, if magic can be close ranged then i want the ability to chuck my weapons at my foe then boomerang them before they can even start to cast

cheers to that.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 pm

raecor14 wrote:big grin winning. seriously, if magic can be close ranged then i want the ability to chuck my weapons at my foe then boomerang them before they can even start to cast
    "WHAT?! You're casting Pursuers?!
    Here, have my Smough's Hammer!"
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Sentiel wrote:

that's if i can even see the pursuers. too many times have i been one shot by pursuers that weren't even visible on my end. all that i ever get is a "POP" sound followed by "You Died" pursuers for some reason is invisible if there is any lag whatsoever. and yes this is post patch .07

dark bead has this nasty habit of hitting me even if i am behind the caster and they are facing away from me. it makes it particularly hard to punish them, even with a great hammer.

crossbows and bows are good for punishing casters at a distance, but now it seems like housewives have switched from hornet rings to tin crystal catalysts and trying to use a crossbow or bow against them is asking to be one shot by a crystal soul spear, which you can't even dodge due to laggy weirdness anyway.

when lag is non-existant or minimal, no problem. but how often does that happen. unfortunately for me using magic or the hornet ring (even post nerf) makes me feel dirty inside and i just can't bring myself down to their level.

if these try hards actually used the spells in clever ways, i wouldn't mind, but they don't and not only is it boring, it's also frustrating to fight them.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

that's if i can even see the pursuers. too many times have i been one shot by pursuers that weren't even visible on my end. all that i ever get is a "POP" sound followed by "You Died" pursuers for some reason is invisible if there is any lag whatsoever. and yes this is post patch .07

dark bead has this nasty habit of hitting me even if i am behind the caster and they are facing away from me. it makes it particularly hard to punish them, even with a great hammer.

crossbows and bows are good for punishing casters at a distance, but now it seems like housewives have switched from hornet rings to tin crystal catalysts and trying to use a crossbow or bow against them is asking to be one shot by a crystal soul spear, which you can't even dodge due to laggy weirdness anyway.

when lag is non-existant or minimal, no problem. but how often does that happen. unfortunately for me using magic or the hornet ring (even post nerf) makes me feel dirty inside and i just can't bring myself down to their level.

if these try hards actually used the spells in clever ways, i wouldn't mind, but they don't and not only is it boring, it's also frustrating to fight them.
    Well, the way you describe it, the problem isn't with the spells themselves, but with lag.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Sentiel wrote:Well, the way you describe it, the problem isn't with the spells themselves, but with lag.

yes and no

lag is definately an issue, but the biggest issue for me is that spells are not that viable in pvp unless lag is present, combine the need to rely on lag with the ability to one shot someone and you have a recipe for endless frustration and boring try hard builds.

spells need to be viable in pvp with or without lag but they absolutely should not have the power to one shot a vit gouged build due to a laggy hit. in general the whole concept should be re-thought for the next Souls game.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Well, the way you describe it, the problem isn't with the spells themselves, but with lag.

yes and no

lag is definately an issue, but the biggest issue for me is that spells are not that viable in pvp unless lag is present, combine the need to rely on lag with the ability to one shot someone and you have a recipe for endless frustration and boring try hard builds.

spells need to be viable in pvp with or without lag but they absolutely should not have the power to one shot a vit gouged build due to a laggy hit. in general the whole concept should be re-thought for the next Souls game.

I'm calling BS. On my mage I'm constantly switching spells, so my opponent doesn't know what spell is coming. It could be pursuers, it could be dark bead, it could be CSS, or I might have WotG or black flame ready. My opponent rolling too early because they think a dark bead is coming, but instead it's a CSS (w/ a different casting time), it's not lag that's getting them, but my choice in spells and countering what they are expecting. When I cast pursuers and chase you down to hit you w/ a WotG to stagger you and get Pursuers to finish you off, it wasn't lag that did that, but my strategy.

Lag is present in ALL forms of the game and many can OHKO you, like buffed backstabs, stunlock, chain backstabs, etc... Mages don't 'rely' on lag any more than anybody else 'relies' on it.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 pm

aceluby wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:

yes and no

I'm calling BS. On my mage I'm constantly switching spells, so my opponent doesn't know what spell is coming. It could be pursuers, it could be dark bead, it could be CSS, or I might have WotG or black flame ready. My opponent rolling too early because they think a dark bead is coming, but instead it's a CSS (w/ a different casting time), it's not lag that's getting them, but my choice in spells and countering what they are expecting. When I cast pursuers and chase you down to hit you w/ a WotG to stagger you and get Pursuers to finish you off, it wasn't lag that did that, but my strategy.

Lag is present in ALL forms of the game and many can OHKO you, like buffed backstabs, stunlock, chain backstabs, etc... Mages don't 'rely' on lag any more than anybody else 'relies' on it.

as i said earlier "if these try hards actually used the spells in clever ways, i wouldn't mind, but they don't and not only is it boring, it's also frustrating to fight them."

it sounds as if you like to use spells creatively and are not one of those try hards that couldn't be bothered to try something different that didn't involve a one hit wonder that can't defended against due to lag. spamming spells is not the only offender in this case, just the most common now that dark magic exists and the hornet ring has been nerfed.

funnily enough, the hornet ring was nerfed because of this very problem, and guess what, all those try hard housewives out there swapped their hornet ring for a tin crystal catalyst, elf ears and dark bead or pursuers. imagine that?

i really wish there were more players out there like you. there just aren't that many of you. at least i have not encountered that many, maybe a dozen or so in 100s of hours of playing Dark Souls. sometimes i can force spell spammers and back stab fishers into an actual fight but most of these try hards don't want to play that game and some even disconnect if they start losing. these are the same players that would use spells in the DLC area knowing full well that they were invisible to the other player (pre 1.07 on the PS3). if these players didn't have lag on their side, their tactics would be meaningless, hence why i say they rely on it.

the fact that most spells just aren't that useful in PVP is also not a good thing. trying to balance this by having them do massive amounts of damage is not really balancing them at all either. especially when you know that lag is an issue. because all it does is create those situations where the winner is decided on a single hit depending on whoever had lag in their favor at that moment. that to me is broken and it is exploited far too often. this is poor design and it needs to be re-thought for the next Souls game.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 pm

They're called Dragon Weapons. Use 50 Str and the DGS, you can smash any mage as he's casting.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:59 pm

Dark Magic is just as overpowered as lightning weapons and WoTG
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 am

i disagree, lightning was never so bad and wog is in my opinion the easiest thing to dodge in the game.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:47 am

You know what's wrecking the game?
    This:
    Dark magic wrecking the game - Page 5 1348169311504
    Spoiler:
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:51 am

my hate for dark magic borders the hate a water type Pokemon feels towards a charmander
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:05 am

raecor14 wrote:i disagree, lightning was never so bad and wog is in my opinion the easiest thing to dodge in the game.

I'm saying this because dark magic is not overpowered. Dark magic is extremely powerful, at close range. You can either play on that or simply rush during the cast.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:08 am

its the lag tho, when i think its safe they are infact casting
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 am

In all due respect, threads like this ruin the game. Because instead of adapting people are able to cry and get comfort from others who tell them that it isn't their fault they lost.

This reminds me alot like weight loss, there are the people who want to change, put in the payments of sweat, hard work and due dillegence, and create the change they want. And then there are the others who surround them self with people tell them it's ok and it's societies fault and talk them out of wanting to change and to adapt.

Yes lag sucks but it will always suck so adapt.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:55 am

but they made the equivalent of the noob tube in this game. i see on this forum TONES of people talk about dark souls 2 not being easy, well this spell can instantly kill at LOW requirements, it would be dealable without the lag, but with all the bandwagons its just a **** spell. i actually don't want an excuse for why i loose to that spell, it's the same reason many people loose to me, the build the winner has made is just better when combined with the skill of the player. what my complaint is, is the fact it can be achieved so low, and with the lag its may just be the most op thing in the game, and i include the DWGR before the nerf.
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Nightmare Moon Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:16 pm

I only use the likes of Pursuers if its 2 vs 1. I mainly just stick with velkas rapier and moonlight gs when its an even fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 pm