Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Digitalyzed Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:43 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:In anycase Vladof and Dahl are my exclusive brands!

Jakobs and Hyperion FTW! lol
    I second this.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 pm

How can you like Hyperion guns.... they look so crappy now.....and they dont even make good assault rifles....

Jakobs I could understand their revolvers are boss!

Maliwan has to be my third fav I finally got Slag weapons! And an SMG that I can quick switch out for my Blight Fox to a fire SMG.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:How can you like Hyperion guns.... they look so crappy now.....and they dont even make good assault rifles....

Jakobs I could understand their revolvers are boss!

Maliwan has to be my third fav I finally got Slag weapons! And an SMG that I can quick switch out for my Blight Fox to a fire SMG.

I like Maliwan a whole lot too, but to your point that Hyperion makes bad assault rifles. That may be, I've hardly even used assault rifles in this game, maybe 30 min. total. So I cannot judge. Maybe I'll play as Salvador or Axton next time and give assault rifles more of a chance.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Is shooting bullets just not cool enough for you? Get a Maliwan and light some people on fire.

What good is a gun that doesn't shoot where you point? Get a gun thats as accurate as you are.

Vladof, you don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 pm

The game pissed me off so bad this morning. I'm trying to get to 250,000$ to get the badass rank and skin that comes with it, and I was up to 170,000--a decent sum, at level 22. Then I did some of the arena missions (Slaughterhouse something...), and at level 3 there were a lot of those rat enemies surrounding me. Next thing I know, I'm at the vending machine, unloading the loot I collected, and I notice I have 100,000$. 70,000$ just vanished in an instant. It took FOREVER to amass that sum, and it vanished so fast I didn't even notice it. I was so pissed. Now I'm level 25, and only regained half of what I lost.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 pm

^Sad for you... sad
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 pm

^Thanks. I love this game, but sometimes, I just feel like it shoots itself in the foot. It's so hard to amass money vs how quickly you can lose it, which really discourages you from amassing it to begin with. I used to loot everything so I could sell it all and profit, but now I don't really care anymore.

Then, just after the incident with the rats, I was in another part of the world where there's a lot of cliffs and sudden-death drop-offs. I was walking on a flat area, with an obviously lethal fall on the side, but it was a wide path. All of a sudden, the game just kills me. One instant I'm walking, the next I'm dead--no warning, no fall; I just died, on a safe surface. This discourages me from venturing off the beaten path, lest I should lose another 12,000$ to respawn from a bs death again.

I love this game, it's tons of fun, but it's got its flaws!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 pm

What I like is knowing in 9 levels my turrent will fire rockets and have a shield!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Oh ****, yeah, 6 levels left to go until I get the skill that prolongs my deception with melee kills!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 pm

i gotta say that coop is only awesome if you play with people you know since EVERYONE is so *** greedy and wil take everything. the thing that pissed me off the most is whe i was in the slot machines a guy just stands next to me and takes my gun, are you *** kidding me dude? other than that its pretty awesome, i had so much fun today though, i got in a room with a giu that did some challenges in some grassy area and finks slaughterhouse and i level up 5 times in ess than two hours!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 am

That was true in the last borderlands as well. I only played with people I knew there, for that reason.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:58 am

If people are being **** and stealing my loot I just kick em!
    DeCeleRator93
    DeCeleRator93
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DeCeleRator93 Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:44 pm

So im heading home from college for the weekend and will be reunited with my XBOX and gonna buy borderlands 2 big grin gonna be pulling an all nighter for this.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 pm

DeCeleRator93 wrote:So im heading home from college for the weekend and will be reunited with my XBOX and gonna buy borderlands 2 big grin gonna be pulling an all nighter for this.

You'll have fun. By chance do you think you could be available for the upcoming war? We're low on Xbox participants.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm level 24 right now and anyone is welcomed time hit me up for some slaughterhouse fun since it's the thing I find th most fun and you get awesome weapons so everyone wins, Mic is not required but it would be nice if you had one.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm 27 now--next time we're both on, I probably won't be overpowered anymore!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:55 pm

how does this games system work... it sounds interesting with its classes and all but could somone explain more?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:01 pm

@Blaine We should prolly do it in your world then, aren't the mobs stronger based on the hosts level?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 pm

Im at level 18 now so maybe I could jump in some time. Sorry rant for taking your guns like that I still have em if you want em back
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I gave them to you dude, my interweb was all fed up that night and kept kicking me so I didn't get back on. We should totally invade blaines world and kick some mini Goliath ***!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:48 pm

You're all welcome to come in my world! I'm level 29 now, but I do a lot of side-quests or generally get side-tracked exploring and shooting random mobs in the face, so I'm a bit high level for where I am in the story.

Oh, and I reached my 250,000$ goal. Pretty cool skin, I'm happy I got it. I almost got robbed again though--I don't even know how pissed I would have been! In the arena again, I killed the rat as he was getting away from me and a little wad of cash flew away--a 52,000$ wad of cash. Look Skyward Glad I picked it up.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Finally some good fortunes, eh?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Not bad, not bad--I'm getting some decent loot. Actually, I went through the Crimson Raiders HQ once, opening all the lockers as I usually do because there's often an Eridium bar in one, and I got 7 of them! That was just ridiculous luck. Except I don't really have anything to do with them... I have 69 of them saved up right now! If only I could upgrade my max sniper ammo more--it's capped at 108. That's alright for slow firing snipers, but when you get a Vladoff with a high rate of fire it can just devour through so little ammo!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:13 am

Oh if anyone has a Valdof Assault rifle doing in the range of 80-120 damage or a Dahl Minigun I'd be keen to trade for it!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Hope I'm not too late to the party, here's the low-down on me. I'm rocking a level 21 Axton with 5/5 sentry, 5/5 laser sight, 1/1 scorched earth and 5/5 able. I'm gonna get double up ASAP, it seems really useful.

As for my guns, I'm rocking a Jakobs legendary, a purple sniper with slag, a blue torgue rocket launcher, and a purple slag SMG. The legendary is the striker I think, 154x7 damage with 130% crits. Only got a two shot magazine though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 am