Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Yeah sounds like that could be the same for maya as it was for Lilith.... Phoenix would just be amazing!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Emergence Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 pm

I've been working on the snipe tree, and concentrating on the crit stacking. The token redemption is a nice touch, much better than the nominal xp challenges gave you in the first one.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 am

I'm currently working 2 characters; Axton and Zer0. As soon as I finish the story I'm going to hunt for the Legendary Weapons. I got all of 'em in 1 including Pearlescents Joy
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:45 am

I'm going to start Maya tonight, see how that works. If I like her, I'll be Sal and Maya. We shall see...
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 am

Didn't BL1 have a search/matchmaking system? I never had issues finding other open games and the BL2 system seems to be basically the same to me. Works great though.

Since as Salvador I have no sniper skill bonuses, I naturally keep finding these awesome sniper rifles. Could be wrong, but it seems to me that the headshot crits have been boosted. I have one that does 150 regular damage but well over 1200 on a headshot crit. And AI is definitely better, mobs hide more and seem to actually run away and make it harder for you to get second winds. One thing that has worked for me is setting up sniper teams; one guy will half engage just to get the mobs to show themselves, then I can pick them off with headshots. Otherwise many just stay under cover. Finally, a Sanctuary-related thought:

Spoiler:
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:22 pm

BLA1NE wrote:I'm a little disappointed to learn that I'm playing as the most popular class, though... But I'm having a blast with him, so I can understand why people are picking him.

It was the same with Mordecai in Borderlands, yet only about 1 in 100 people actually used him to his max potential. Anyone who didn't use tresspass I pity.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:59 pm

befowler wrote:Didn't BL1 have a search/matchmaking system? I never had issues finding other open games and the BL2 system seems to be basically the same to me. Works great though.

Since as Salvador I have no sniper skill bonuses, I naturally keep finding these awesome sniper rifles. Could be wrong, but it seems to me that the headshot crits have been boosted. I have one that does 150 regular damage but well over 1200 on a headshot crit. And AI is definitely better, mobs hide more and seem to actually run away and make it harder for you to get second winds. One thing that has worked for me is setting up sniper teams; one guy will half engage just to get the mobs to show themselves, then I can pick them off with headshots. Otherwise many just stay under cover. Finally, a Sanctuary-related thought:

Spoiler:

Crits do hit harder and with tokens and skills they get more boosts than in 1. I find the trade off is the increased speed of the mobs makes them a bit tougher to pull off. The hitbox for the crit on certain mobs is also reduced. I am paying more attention to things like scope sway, damage sway and kickback than before. I also find myself giggling less and doing more serious concentrating, especially on story missions.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:I'm a little disappointed to learn that I'm playing as the most popular class, though... But I'm having a blast with him, so I can understand why people are picking him.

It was the same with Mordecai in Borderlands, yet only about 1 in 100 people actually used him to his max potential. Anyone who didn't use tresspass I pity.

I didn't, but I never actually did any duels or got past lvl 37. My caustic shotty took care of armor well enough.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Just got my copy of this bad boy. big grin

Let the good times roll!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Emergence wrote:
    befowler wrote:Didn't BL1 have a search/matchmaking system? I never had issues finding other open games and the BL2 system seems to be basically the same to me. Works great though.

Spoiler:

Crits do hit harder and with tokens and skills they get more boosts than in 1. I find the trade off is the increased speed of the mobs makes them a bit tougher to pull off. The hitbox for the crit on certain mobs is also reduced. I am paying more attention to things like scope sway, damage sway and kickback than before. I also find myself giggling less and doing more serious concentrating, especially on story missions.
    Pulling off headshots with a sniper at the last instant of Deception deals massive damage!

I hit a bit of a rough patch for a moment, where my gear wasn't up to par with the difficulty of the point I was at. I'd only died once in about 10 hours up to that point, then suddenly I died about 5 times in a row. Kept getting insta-killed by the most menial mobs, like suicide psychos. Was really feeling Zer0's fragility there! Now my gear's where it should be, it's a lot more manageable.

Oh, and I invaded Rant's game briefly! silly I find it kind of funny that you can just invite yourself into someone else's game. Played with him for a few minutes, was fun. I was way overleveled for his mission, though, so I tried not to intervene too much!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 pm

I may have discovered the most massively overpowered thing for my level. It's a shield you get for finishing a questline from Clayton (no spoilers), and it dealt more damage than my 7 shot magazine, 35*14 shotty. In less time. Without phaselock.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:22 am

I love popping into people's games, particularly folks already on my friend's list. The fun thing is that if you join them and there are party slots still available, you can then use the menu screen to invite other people who are on your friend's list, but not necessarily on the host's. So you can basically introduce all your separate buddies to each other.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Ok...so after all the hype i just picked this up...i see why people like it..

So i got it for my 360. Im lvl 4 right now. I picked Zer0...I dont care if everybody is using him he has a sword.

Well if anyone wants to play my gamertag is SinisterApathy If anyone here is on xbox dont hesitate to send me a friend request...im starting to wish i got if for ps3 cause by the looks of the forum alot of people on my friends list will be playing it. For my ps3 friends...you probably wont see me for awhile....even though you already havent seen me for awhile. Ill be back on psn when the DS dlc hits.

Anyway im gonna go play some more!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey guys, feel free to add me on Xbox if you want, I'd be willing to play with any one of ya!

My GT is Dubscythe, Lv. 32 Commando by the way.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Butt Stallion says "Hello"!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Dubscythe wrote:Hey guys, feel free to add me on Xbox if you want, I'd be willing to play with any one of ya!

I'd love to play with you. You're light years ahead of my character though. silly
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:Hey guys, feel free to add me on Xbox if you want, I'd be willing to play with any one of ya!

I'd love to play with you. You're light years ahead of my character though. silly

I don't mind making new characters! The only hitch in this idea is that my xbox randomly disconnects every once in awhile. It's annoying.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Ok. Invite sent! big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Is it just me...

I seem to only run into shotguns and pistols. I have all these different ammo rounds but I only get these 2 guns.

What gives? Shrug
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:13 am

They're definitely more common than every other weapon type.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 am

Yep lots of shotties and pistols, the snipers seem to be slim pickings and rocket launchers even rarer. Have yet to actually run into a launcher and I'm at lvl 15, really want to see how they've been adjusted.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 pm

I was in a tight scrape, then I found a rocket launcher.
    I can actually say without cracking up that they seem useful!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Launchers are pretty good this time around, everything has its uses.

Just finished my first playthrough, man the ending was great!
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Hopefully better than the first? I'm really satisfied with the game so far and I haven't even co-oped yet!
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Apparently there is a reference to Solaire in the Caustic Caverns.
    A guy named Solitaire near a bonfire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:12 pm