Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Had a great session with Rant and Blaine.

We owned Blaine's end game boss, nabbed him some really nice goodie, then ha the pair join me in TVHM which was awesome. It gives you a really good reason to replay the game on the same character!

So now we have a Turret Spamming Aggro Soldier, a sneaky Melee Assassin, and an elemental powerhouse of a Siren. All we would need is a level 35 Gunzerker and this would be epic!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 pm

One of you guys ought to be recording some of this stuff.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:55 pm

I wish I could. That again would be awesome.

Seems I ought to trade back the sentry engineer mod to my 35...didnt think Id need it again on him....but ive been using that class since lvl 15 for the +3 to Sentry (aka ^ extra turret seconds and 3+ shots per volley, good cool down, and a 15% bonus to the skill that reduces cool down
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:26 am

yeah i love my siren, i went full cata on her and the phaselock that does all elemental damage is awesome, im gonna throw in some of the healing stuff for coop which is awesome. and damnit we need a gunzerker!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:41 am

Befowler and I have had a couple of drunk driving co-op sessions. We have discussed party crashing. He's addicted to Moxxi's slots...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't suffer from gambling addiction? lol

My addiction is items of the day. You'll always see me running straight to the health machine, hoping for a good mod or shield.

And I like TVHM. The difficulty is a good sweet-spot--not ridiculous, but hard enough to just keep us on edge. I hope it doesn't get much tougher though! If it does, I'll consider respecing in the sniper tree, because my melee damage is barely cutting it as it is anymore.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Only thing I'm addicted to is Eridium - I kill for those purple bars.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:09 pm

I avoid spending money in the machines. I always wind up convincing myself I'll find something better out there and for free.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Emergence wrote: He's addicted to Moxxi's slots...

I'm addicted to Moxxi's slots.
    Giggedy.

Joking aside, I got the Vladof Sickle skin for Zer0 from the slots. Looks pretty BAMFy.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:38 pm

What is TVHM?

And the slot machines are far and away the best things for piling up iridium. Most of my guys have all the SDUs before they break level 20.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:07 pm

viral is addicted to the slots as well, i sometimes spend money on it but i try not to.
    @blaine i just started checking the item of the day all the time too since i got that smg.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Tried to face Terramorphous at level 38. I died.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:07 pm

I tried to face him at level 36. I died! I didn't expect to stand a chance, just wanted to see what he was like.

@Befowler: True Vault Hunter Mode. Unlocked once you've beaten the game. It's a NG+ where mobs are the same level as you, and there's a few new, more challenging ones thrown in, too. And loot to match!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:08 pm

TheSorrowedMan
    TheSorrowedMan

Post by TheSorrowedMan Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Am I supposed to get a weapon from Moxxi when I tipped her 10k? Or does it have to be more?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:39 pm

RantFromRant wrote:yeah i love my siren, i went full cata on her and the phaselock that does all elemental damage is awesome, im gonna throw in some of the healing stuff for coop which is awesome. and damnit we need a gunzerker!

My Siren was going to be Cata and Motion so my Phaselocks would be quick and draw enemies together.

As for my Axton Im sure you can tell how he is Heavily leaning to Guerilla....
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:41 pm

RantFromRant wrote:viral is addicted to the slots as well, i sometimes spend money on it but i try not to.
    @blaine i just started checking the item of the day all the time too since i got that smg.

Lol this might get ya....I had a hundred thousand buck before I spent it all on the slots! I also nailed all the challenges that revolve around them exceot the Vaultsign one.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:44 pm

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html

Not meaning to start a flame-war, but I couldn't help but notice the amount of pony-related stuff Gaige has. I'm counting at least 6, why have Gearbox all of a sudden included this?
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Well I finally killed Terramorphus at level 42, so that's an achievement to me big grin I just bone shreddered the living hell out of him/her/it.

Have you heard by the way, the bee is now getting nerfed. At least that'll prevent non-stop easy farming.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html

Not meaning to start a flame-war, but I couldn't help but notice the amount of pony-related stuff Gaige has. I'm counting at least 6, why have Gearbox all of a sudden included this?

Well gearbox gave massive nods to many large communties and references that are related highly to the internet. Maybe they thought they could appeal especially to another large fanbase.

Edit: Oh wow, the Best friends forever tree has a hell of a lot of references there.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html

Well gearbox gave massive nods to many large communties and references that are related highly to the internet. Maybe they thought they could appeal especially to another large fanbase.

Edit: Oh wow, the Best friends forever tree has a hell of a lot of references there.

I can understand that, but if there's one fanbase that divides the internet, it's the pony fanbase.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Well I'm sure a few people will get upset about it, and a few will treat it like something more than it is, but I don't really care, and hopefully neither will the majority. They're skill names, and that's about it, if people do get worked up over it, I'll lose another notch of faith for humanity.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Eh, if you insist.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Fan treatment is ok because Gaige is not forced on folks. As a DLC any haters are free to not buy. Perhaps if one of the four in game classes everyone gets were tailored to a certain community people would be right to cry foul.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:12 pm

BLA1NE wrote:@Befowler: True Vault Hunter Mode. Unlocked once you've beaten the game. It's a NG+ where mobs are the same level as you, and there's a few new, more challenging ones thrown in, too. And loot to match!

Thanks. So it's like BL1 2.0 I guess. Is there a 2.5 or anything, if anyone has gotten that far?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 am