Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:48 am

Bloodwing + a Jakobs = Much death. Also, is it just me or are shotguns always the best weapons in everything?
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:50 am

If you found a good one they were pretty much perfecty suited for each class in Borderlands. I think in general terms the guarantee of instant death is a pretty big point in their favour.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:01 am

OH MY GOD. I have to decide between a sniper and a shotty. Whatever shall I do?
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:06 am

Quarik wrote:OH MY GOD. I have to decide between a sniper and a shotty. Whatever shall I do?

SNIPER!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 am

Also, I just discovered there's a skill that, in very specific circumstances, can boost damage by 5000%.

YOU CAN SKIP THE OPENING STORY YES YES YES!
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:52 pm

So i just ordered this game and got some questions for you guys. I cba to read the whole thread so here we go.

Is BL2 better than BL1? I played some BL1 and it was fun but it was not the kinda game i could play for 100+ hours since it felt a bit repetitive(sp?).

Does anyone got this on xbox? And want to play some with me this or next weekend? I should be getting the game friday but if the mailman screws me over ill get it probably saturday or next moday.

If someone wants to coop with me add me on xbl, GT: Bamjam86

Cheers big grin
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:23 pm

I think it probably is better than 1, but I haven't gotten far enough in it to really see.
    DeCeleRator93
    DeCeleRator93
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DeCeleRator93 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Another thing which everyone probably knows is lets be careful about spoilers. Some people, myself included, aren't getting to play at launch and want to experience all the cool,wacky, and epic stuff when we eventually play. happy
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:02 pm

How is Borderlands 2? I'm gonna go pick up a copy tonight!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Bamjam wrote:So i just ordered this game and got some questions for you guys. I cba to read the whole thread so here we go.

Is BL2 better than BL1? I played some BL1 and it was fun but it was not the kinda game i could play for 100+ hours since it felt a bit repetitive(sp?).

Does anyone got this on xbox? And want to play some with me this or next weekend? I should be getting the game friday but if the mailman screws me over ill get it probably saturday or next moday.

If someone wants to coop with me add me on xbl, GT: Bamjam86

Cheers big grin

I'll play with you, but before I get it I want to know how it is as a single player experience. Sometimes I have time to play but my friends don't, and for those times I do not want to be prevented from playing because the game is no fun single player.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm

I've never actually played Borderlands co-op. PC PLAYERS, Y U NO EXIST? Oh, btw, there's a matchmaking system in 2.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Finished my homework... GOING TO PLAY BORDERLANDS 2 RIGHT NOW! big grin
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Ye bugger, I've got a bit more to do!

Ooh. I may have found an Autotune the News reference in the "Angry Guerilla" assault rifle.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:09 am

Just played for about 6 hours nonstop--had a blast! I took an immediate liking to pistols, melee, and sniping. The game's great, you guys are gonna love it!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:22 am

BLA1NE wrote:Just played for about 6 hours nonstop--had a blast! I took an immediate liking to pistols, melee, and sniping. The game's great, you guys are gonna love it!

OK, I'll get it. Every review, everyone on online boards, IRL friends have been raving about this game.

Looks like I can't go wrong.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:35 am

Quarik wrote:Oh, btw, there's a matchmaking system in 2.
    Thats awesome! When i played BL1 i always had trouble to find people to play with and none of my friends liked the game. A matchmaking system is a huge improvement.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:39 am

So far it has built upon everything that made 1 great. Co-op is sooo much smoother and a blast, actually almost needed.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:40 am

I've taken a liking to Salvador. Also, don't do missions too far below the recommended level, I just got my *** handed to me (over and over) and lost 90% of all of my money on respawns.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:07 am

Quarik wrote:I've taken a liking to Salvador. Also, don't do missions too far below the recommended level, I just got my *** handed to me (over and over) and lost 90% of all of my money on respawns.

Like Borderlands 1 :face:
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 am

Really great game. I have also been playing Salvador the gunzerker -- plus it rewarded me for finding old BL1 saves on my drive by giving me this awesome viking looking Sledge helmet for him to wear. Dual wielding two different elemental weapons is crazy, particularly if both are shotguns or SMGs. Also found an artifact grenade mod (!) which does 229 x 9 damage with 0 fuse time, so in other words you throw it, it instantly detonates on impact, and then Mirvs out and carpet bombs the entire area. Literally impossible to lose a duel with it.

There are lots of other cool features, but a particularly neat one is a trade screen with other players, in which you can also propose to swap items after a duel, winner takes all. So you can basically bet with other people over duelling. Truly awesome.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 am

Did you try out the dueling already Befowler? I wonder if its a bit more fair now. I remember in BL1 if you dueled a Mordecai with the bloodwing it was almost impossile to win.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Nothing serious, but I've had about 10 slapstick duels with random people at about level 8-10. What I recall being particularly broken in BL1 was Mordecai's ability to get 100% shield ignore, and I don't know if something similar exists yet. My unscientific observation has been that about 80% of the characters being used are the sniper (Zer0?) guy -- the first random game I joined had 3 other people all using that same guy. So I guess they all figure he's most OP. I still did ok with Salvador, because of the sheer bullet output of his dual weapon skill, and the good health regen.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:47 pm

befowler wrote:Nothing serious, but I've had about 10 slapstick duels with random people at about level 8-10. What I recall being particularly broken in BL1 was Mordecai's ability to get 100% shield ignore, and I don't know if something similar exists yet. My unscientific observation has been that about 80% of the characters being used are the sniper (Zer0?) guy -- the first random game I joined had 3 other people all using that same guy. So I guess they all figure he's most OP. I still did ok with Salvador, because of the sheer bullet output of his dual weapon skill, and the good health regen.

I always thought the Tresspass skill was the one thing that gave sniper superiority in duels, considering his terrible HP and usage of other weapons. Zer0 is overused because he looks badass and every twelve year old aspires to be a ninja with a katana. The amount of outcry about the katana being his melee instead of a seperate weapon (As it obviously would be), is ridiculous.

Maya is essentially the new Mordecai as in duels her phaselock skill does massive damage instantly.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:05 pm

A lot of Zer0 out there for looks, but it is going to be tougher sledding at higher levels with that class without good strategory. I like the snipe tree but the melee really needs to be applied smartly with Deception to be effective. Maxing out the Bloodshed tree isn't enough to make the melee stand on its own, and Zer0 is quite fragile compared to the others. I am liking the challenge of playing it so far, definitely can't go spray and pray.

The enemies seem more lithe now so getting a crit requires a nicely lined up shot, often on the move. Elementals that proc often are so your friend now; when the boss fight poopstorm happens those DOT's help with the minions.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Deception greatly improves Zer0's survivability. I use shields with a short regen delay, so that when I activate Deception my shield is almost full again by the time I'm visible. That way, if I'm being careful, there's no way mobs can even get at my health.

Also, I'm focusing on melee, and my shield deals fire damage (a lot of it!) to everyone who melees me. This is especially hilarious against animal mobs whose primary attacks are melee--I just stand there and they all commit suicide on me! So I'm untouchable at close range, and practically impossible to get by my shields at longer range. I'm loving it!

I'm a little disappointed to learn that I'm playing as the most popular class, though... But I'm having a blast with him, so I can understand why people are picking him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm