Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
neon__noodle
jsd201
hageshisa
Alluier
Bcc17
Maneater_Mildred
User
TehInfamousAmos
TheSorrowedMan
fearandwhiskey
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
nsane32
RANT
sinisterapathy
Garl_Vinland
Bamjam
DeCeleRator93
Quarik
samster628
Freakyways
vatar5
Massiren
befowler
ManiacDiscord
BLA1NE
BackwardsBaboon
Azran
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jester's Tears
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
Digitalyzed
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
40 posters

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Couldn't resist the call, huh, Wade?

By the way, what does everyone think of Gaige? Is she the only thing the DLC is going to give us, or will there be more?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Borderlands 2 Thread: We're coming for you Handsome Jack

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:27 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Couldn't resist the call, huh, Wade?

By the way, what does everyone think of Gaige? Is she the only thing the DLC is going to give us, or will there be more?

She could be interesting, her ability is summoning d34th tr4p, right? Sorta like Axton but with different applications. And there'll be 4 DLC's in total, dunno if she'll count or not.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:32 pm

I hope not. I don't think it'd be right of Gearbox to charge full DLC price for another PC.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:37 pm

She'll be 5$, I think.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Hope I'm not too late to the party, here's the low-down on me. I'm rocking a level 21 Axton with 5/5 sentry, 5/5 laser sight, 1/1 scorched earth and 5/5 able. I'm gonna get double up ASAP, it seems really useful.

As for my guns, I'm rocking a Jakobs legendary, a purple sniper with slag, a blue torgue rocket launcher, and a purple slag SMG. The legendary is the striker I think, 154x7 damage with 130% crits. Only got a two shot magazine though.

Seems like we have the same builds.

I run a Guerilla Axton too though my secondary focus is on Shield Regen rather than Accuracy for my turret.

I also got some neat loot recently.

A Dahl Minigun, scoped, 36 round, burst fire when zoomed, and does about 156.

A Sweet Launcher, Torgue, 3620 damage.

A Valdof Repeater, 192 damage, auto

Thats about it. How far through the game would I be at LvL 23? Im going after the Slabs!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm at the slabs as well. Also, if anyone wants to co-op, hit up Philisophirapter on PSN.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Coolio though I cant get on for another few hours. Uni essays and all that to write.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm just going to throw this out there: can you guys keep your eyes open for a class mod for me? What I'm looking for is an Assassin Mod that gives bonuses to Melee Damage and the Followthrough skill, plus 1 or 2 other skills from the Bloodshed tree (pretty much any, other than Grim and Be Like Water, will be fine). If anyone finds that, I'll be happy to trade or buy it from you!

If anyone else wants something, I'll keep my eyes open.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Blaine will look for you, just picked up one with melee and skill boosts but may be too low lvl for your needs. I need to get back in the saddle, been slacking here lately.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:08 pm

I'm level 29, just starting to see mods with 3 skills bonuses on them. 2 skills would do, but 3 would be better! Right now I've got one with Melee +29%, Backstab +2, Resurgence +3. I see a lot of them with melee boosts, but it's getting one with followthrough that seems to be the tricky part--haven't seen one with that skill yet.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm

will look for one if i any B. i want a good smg(corrosive or reg would be better)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:41 pm

What do you look for in a good SMG? Minimum ammo/mag, accuracy, damage, element, etc? I'm sure I can get my hands on something! For example, if I pick up a pistol, I'll sell it without even looking at its stats if it has less than 90 accuracy.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 pm

^ That's an interesting question and part of the beauty of this game. The variety that exists even within a specific weapon type.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:28 pm

well smgs are realy good for cole quaters so i tend to look at damage, magazine and element fo the most part but accuracy is REALLY important for handguns like you said, i just cooped with viral and got a slag shotty with 242times10 damage, i didnt even look at the other stats and got rid of the one i was using lol, that thing is a beast specially since it has slag too.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:49 pm

That was fun....I need a mike....sorry about that.

But yeah just before that round I got a Dahl Assault rifle with 90 accuracy, a bayonet, and 273 damage.....pretty damn good
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:03 pm

This game is just fun, which I really enjoy. silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:25 pm

sorry for just taking it btw viral, i figured since you dropped one for me you werent into shotties. i can give you the one i was using before which is pretty close in damage output minus the slag. shotties are really fun to use, the weapons im using the most right now are explosive assault rifles, smgs and shotties.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 am

RantFromRant wrote:sorry for just taking it btw viral, i figured since you dropped one for me you werent into shotties. i can give you the one i was using before which is pretty close in damage output minus the slag. shotties are really fun to use, the weapons im using the most right now are explosive assault rifles, smgs and shotties.

DW man Im not into shotties. I love me a good Rifle or a Launcher... I also need that mike.... sharing loot is hard without it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:38 am

Ok, my best assault rifle is an explosive one which is a little slow but the damage is 603 which I like. I really want one with reg bullets since they're so much faster, still pissed that I can never get a decent smg.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 am

RantFromRant wrote:Ok, my best assault rifle is an explosive one which is a little slow but the damage is 603 which I like. I really want one with reg bullets since they're so much faster, still pissed that I can never get a decent smg.

Next time we play Ill have both for ya.... you like Miniguns or regular assault rilfes?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:08 am

I pick up pretty good SMGs, but I'm not into them so I sell them all... I hope I get another good one for you! I can never get good ARs, though. And yeah, shotties are a lot of fun. I have an explosive one that deals ridiculous damage, and I like to just shoot people point-blank with it! It's great for taking out armored skags and their riders.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 am

BLA1NE wrote:I like to just shoot people point-blank with it!

It's glorious when that happens.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:24 am

im actually ok with my assault rifle(for now), btw i got a shield with 2300 but it decreases your vit by 600, let me know if you want it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:33 pm

I have one that high with a 20% chance to absorb bullets. Also I have my bayonet AR now so ill be good until I ca get another Dahl.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 pm

I found a unique/orange shield with a Vlad the Impaler theme that is fairly unremarkable except for one thing: it does 360 acid spike damage to melee attackers, and moreover whenever anyone shoots you, an acid spike will fly off and home in on them and corrode them. It's incredibly useful not only if you are outnumbered, but for identifying targets behind cover since the homing spikes fly over obstacles and then cover the target with acid so you see where they are. Also got an amazing orange sniper rifle that has extra crit damage and fires like an assault rifle, so you can stack crit hits really fast even without zoom aiming. I recommend opening all boxes also, got the shield from a random box drop, and have gotten tons of iridium that way (the slot machines are also awesome for that, along with hitting all the vault symbols or marcus heads for great weapons).

My favorite char is Axton; the turrets are fun but he actually gets some great health regen mods / skills. By stacking life % bonuses and life regen from shields, artifacts, class mods, and skills, my guy has 2500 life at level 20, and regenerates health so fast the tens and ones digits are just a blur.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:16 pm