Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Jansports
User1
Elifia
IV_Mark_VI
callipygias
SlakeMoth
RNsunbro
11 posters

No-level question

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

No-level question - Page 3 Empty Re: No-level question

Post by callipygias Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 pm

sendicard wrote:I'm actually pretty bad at parrying. You see, I think so fast...
    Lol.

You should be able to recognize when he does his 3-swing attack. Just absorb the first with your shield and parry the 2nd. Unless your timing is waaaay off it's very easy that way.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm

RNsunbro wrote:Hey what shield are you using? Does it have good physical defense and stability?

Knight shield +10

Edit, my bad, thought it was 8.

Last edited by sendicard on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm

callipygias wrote:
    sendicard wrote:I'm actually pretty bad at parrying. You see, I think so fast...
    Lol.

You should be able to recognize when he does his 3-swing attack. Just absorb the first with your shield and parry the 2nd. Unless your timing is waaaay off it's very easy that way.

I should be able to manage that.

Also, what is up with people melding my quotes together to make me sound far more like a complete piece of arrogance. I am really not that bad. I even give justification for my statements in my messages!
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:28 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:1, I do it all the time. Almost everytime, unless I'm off, then I go to option 2:

2. Use ranged. That's all I'll say. I'll give tips in the spoiler tags, 1 by 1.

Spoiler 1:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler 2:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler 3:
    Spoiler:

And: practice parrying. No such thing as thinking too fast.

Alright, so said spoilers make sense... Actually make me feel kind of stupid there, that makes a lot of sense.

As for thinking too fast, your correct. However, there is a such thing as being far too fast for your physical body to keep up with you. Meaning, unless you can train your physical body to match your mental, you can indeed think too fast. My body can't be trained for a number of medical reasons, and therefore I purposefully go out of my way to slow myself down for the sake of, well not dying painfully.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Meh. There's jumping the gun, but that's different than thinking too fast. In hockey, if you're a goalie, and you know they're going to shoot, you still have to wait until they're actually going through with it. Otherwise they can fake it, then deke you or pass.

Just because you know they're 'going to do something' doesn't mean you should trigger a response. Patience!
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:59 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Meh. There's jumping the gun, but that's different than thinking too fast. In hockey, if you're a goalie, and you know they're going to shoot, you still have to wait until they're actually going through with it. Otherwise they can fake it, then deke you or pass.

Just because you know they're 'going to do something' doesn't mean you should trigger a response. Patience!

Normally it is the exact opposite.

You see I normally don't react until far after because my body isn't at the same level.

I actually have to spend energy into improving my reaction speed on my body.. A lot of energy, to be on par with my mind. It works wonders for dark souls, I however need to slow it down for parrying to meld it together.

It is a very complex mental thought process however you are right, it is technically my own mental hold that is screwing that up, what I need to do is slow down my reaction to a slower but not my norm, with my thoughts.

Also, when your analytically you can tell whether someone is about to fake something based on their very movements and muscles. The only want they would fake out my eyes is if they had training to do so. As in, some kind of martial arts. Yes, I am indeed setting myself up there.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Yep, you are.

They are faking you out. big grin

And no, it's not that easy to tell when someone is faking you out in order to react to it in time. In PvP, playing mind games is very effective, as is trying to fake your opponent out.

PvE, you just have to get the timings down and not hit parry when you see them change their animation. Nothing to do with a faster brain.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Of course I am.

They aren't faking me out, I'm faking myself out. Very large difference. However, just if not more embarrassing.

No, timings don't have to do with faster comprehension, your correct on that one. However your not understanding the giant mental calculations I have to put into moving at normal speed because of just how screwed up my physical bodies' capabilities are. It isn't exactly faster brain either, that doesn't make sense. More, faster comprehension speed.

Seriously, my physical bodies capabilities are so screwed up that my estimated life span is like 50, 70 max; just from medical genetic problems.

I'm working on it though, definitely working on it. Think I have some progress. Won't know until I have some sleep though. Haven't been to bed in a very long time, already have some genetic screw ups that make me more tired, I should be passed out on a ceiling by now..

Edit: I am far too tired. I just got on someone's case for grammar, then made like 8 different ones in my original message here.

Edit2: Can I enchant a raw, or am I going to need a load of the charcoal resin? Because it honestly sounds like less of a hassle to just enchant it and go with it.

Last edited by sendicard on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fail.)
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Even fingers? Then shouldn't you be parrying too late instead of early?

Just practice parrying, with your lvl 110. Go to Anor Londo, and fight the silver knights over and over until you have it down.

It's just mental memorization for the most part, and then figuring out timing windows.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:33 pm

If you're not levelling up, the best weapons you can have are:
    +5 (early)
    Raw +5 (after large ember)
    Elemental (lightning/fire/chaos)

To get to lightning, you need a +10, so as long as you don't mind extra grinding, that's the order.

Not sure what you mean by "Enchanting". If you're not levelling up, Divine, Occult, Magic, Enchanted don't make any sense (well, except Divine for the skeletons).
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:59 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Even fingers? Then shouldn't you be parrying too late instead of early?

Just practice parrying, with your lvl 110. Go to Anor Londo, and fight the silver knights over and over until you have it down.

It's just mental memorization for the most part, and then figuring out timing windows.

It normally is too late, I put a lot of energy into increasing my reaction speed in this game by thrusting all of it into my fingers. It works normally but for parrying, it screws me up. I will definitely practice though, I can figure it out. I know I can, it only takes a bit of work while I am awake.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:If you're not levelling up, the best weapons you can have are:
    +5 (early)
    Raw +5 (after large ember)
    Elemental (lightning/fire/chaos)

To get to lightning, you need a +10, so as long as you don't mind extra grinding, that's the order.

Not sure what you mean by "Enchanting". If you're not levelling up, Divine, Occult, Magic, Enchanted don't make any sense (well, except Divine for the skeletons).

Never mind, figured it out myself.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:48 am

Alright, next problem.

So I said screw it and decided I was kind of bored and decided I wanted to go join the dark wraiths because... Well why not. I have found that players in the sewers are normally high enough level that they give me a sort of challenge, without being annoyingly impossible. So, pretty fun to pvp there for me.

Anyway, I fought my way down and made it to Four Kings without problems, didn't die at all, pretty easy.

Well here is when my problem jumped in. You see, I had thought that all four of the kings were already spawned, and simply required us to find them to be attacked by moving too far. I didn't realize it was a time based thing. So I was about half way done the first one and boom, a second. One on one they are challenging but easy enough that I could definitely take all four out without much problem. However, any more and that battle becomes more along the lines of some twisted hell. Lost two humanity from that grab too because I can't dodge both of them grabbing at the same time.

Thought it was about time I got some feedback on my equips anyway.

I have a few background weapons but my primary is:
    Short Bow+5:A pretty good agro weapon.
    Chaos Longsword+1-Got me 10 humanity happy
    Knight Shield+12
    Mask of the Child
    Leather Armor+9
    Leather Gloves+9
    Crimson Waistcloth+4
    Ring of Favor and Protection
    Covenant of Artorias-Kind of wide variety I switch between actually.

Last edited by sendicard on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Equip change)
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am

sendicard wrote:Alright, next problem.

So I said screw it and decided I was kind of bored and decided I wanted to go join the dark wraiths because... Well why not. I have found that players in the sewers are normally high enough level that they give me a sort of challenge, without being annoyingly impossible. So, pretty fun to pvp there for me.

Anyway, I fought my way down and made it to Four Kings without problems, didn't die at all, pretty easy.

Well here is when my problem jumped in. You see, I had thought that all four of the kings were already spawned, and simply required us to find them to be attacked by moving too far. I didn't realize it was a time based thing. So I was about half way done the first one and boom, a second. One on one they are challenging but easy enough that I could definitely take all four out without much problem. However, any more and that battle becomes more along the lines of some twisted hell. Lost two humanity from that grab too because I can't dodge both of them grabbing at the same time.

Thought it was about time I got some feedback on my equips anyway.

I have a few background weapons but my primary is:
    Short Bow+5:A pretty good agro weapon.
    Chaos Longsword+1-Got me 10 humanity happy
    Knight Shield+12
    Mask of the Child
    Leather Armor+9
    Leather Gloves+9
    Crimson Waistcloth+4
    Ring of Favor and Protection
    Covenant of Artorias-Kind of wide variety I switch between actually.

Try upgrading your chaos longsword.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:53 am

That was an idea, but where will I find the red chunks?
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:05 pm

You can get one from the black knight upon your return to undead asylum and from chaos eaters in Lost Izalith. Do you have any other weapons that are +10 that you can turn into lightening?
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:11 pm

RNsunbro wrote:You can get one from the black knight upon your return to undead asylum and from chaos eaters in Lost Izalith. Do you have any other weapons that are +10 that you can turn into lightening?

Already got the one from the asylum, and another one from... Somewhere. Hence why it is plus 1.

As for the Chaos eaters, that requires getting through demon ruins which requires making it past Anor Londo. While I haven't actually gotten around to trying out my new strategies. Some that I came up with, some that others helped me come up with. Well, it still sounds like a pain so I have been kind of avoiding it.

I personally just spent about 4 hours having fun as a Forrest covenant member. I am having an easier time on my level 4, then I did in the past when I tried the forest covenant at higher level. Which is kind of comical because everyone is far higher level. Really enjoying myself with this pvp.

As for lightning, had one set up and waiting until I made it to the giant blacksmith for like... I don't know, the depths.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:32 pm

I have a lightning Longsword and my Chaos Longsword is now +4. A friend of mine activated my red summon sign (Because why not.) We did a bit of practice, and he questioned how exactly I was doing so much damage. So I told him about the Chaos and he questioned what level. When I mentioned it he pretty much threw the red chunks at me. So..... Why not?

Anyway, I am currently at the boss door for Anor Londo. Anyone got any tips? Other than to go grind that 10 humanity for my Chaos sword as I currently have zero, of course.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Chaos Longsword at Anor Londo? No tips needed. Just beat them down (normally people have a +10 weapon at that point, or a +5 raw, and don't have any kind of Elemental weapon IMO).
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Tried that. I can't get the quick one away from the slow one for some reason. When I get close to both of them it is pretty much.. Well for lack of better word, death.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Keep trying. They use lightning attacks, so make sure to have defence against them. Upgrade your gear, and use a shield that has lightning resistance (eagle shield if you can afford it's weight).

Pop a grass during the fight for stamina regen, and separate them using the pillars. Get a stab in every now and then and backpedal around the area.

Try for light weight, even if you have to sacrafice gear. For rings, I'd use DWGR and whatever else suits your fancy. DWGR + Havel's ring is effective, even on a low level character.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't really feel like betraying the forest yet. Then again attoning for my sins is like.. I don't know, 2000 souls.

I will try the other tactics though. My first ring slot is kind of taken up by the ring of favor and protection. I was told not to take it off as it is still pretty useful on a no lev, so I left it on.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Dark wood grain ring, most OP ring in the game currently, will be nerfed with the upcoming Prepare to Die release.

RoFaP is good as well. +20% health, equipment load, and stamina bar. Havels is +50% equipment load (no stamina bar). At low level, I find I get more mileage out of Havels, since the gear I can equip with that and the DWGR is better. +20% vit/stamina bar at low level doesn't make that much difference I find.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Meh, I guard a lot and therefore the stamina is important, not so much the life. My second ring is normally taken up with random crap. I have some pretty light armor anyway and am not worried about it.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:22 pm

DWGR is ridiculous. Try it out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:32 pm