Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Jansports
User1
Elifia
IV_Mark_VI
callipygias
SlakeMoth
RNsunbro
11 posters

No-level question

RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

No-level question - Page 2 Empty Re: No-level question

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 am

Honestly, I would just try using the drakesword on her and summoning Mildred again.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:22 am

Good job!
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:31 am

Mildred was less of a help than he was a burden. The power difference from playing her with 2 different people in the server was simply to much of a difference for Mildred to make up for. You know, the fact that when you have more people the enemies become more powerful.

Enough of her though. A few minor questions.

1. I just remembered where the Chaos ember is... How exactly do you suggest I get that with 712 max life, because I am not getting any more (unless there is another item later,) and the gold rimmed equipment+the fire ring in sens just isn't going to cut it. I will die before I can grab it.

2. How the hell am I to make it past ceaseless discharge? Because last I checked, (5 seconds ago,) he instant kills me. Making getting to the other end to lead him there, then back so he kills himself pretty much impossible as most of his moves are impossible to dodge. Such as giant flames of... Everything. My experience 30000, and my humanity, 13(much more important), happens to be there.

3, Hurrah for comma splicing!
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:36 am

Take two! I made it and got my experience, only for said ceaseless discharge to kill me without moving. Yep, that is right. He didn't even attack, I just dropped dead. I am running back to base, he turns to me, instantaneous death for no logical reasons.

Edit: Take 3! Guess that answers my second question. Took him out by only having my gold trimmed robes equipped and booking it. He actually had to touch me this time to hurt me, and the robes allowed me to survive a single hit. Almost took me with him when he went off the edge though. Glad I was near a wall.

Why am I narrating my progress and what helped me? Because the intention of this thread wasn't just to help me, but to help any other challenger who happens to try this. Sure there is another thread like it though...

Last edited by sendicard on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Success!)
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 am

Wow that's weird, he's pretty easy to dodge if you just keep rolling away from him til you get to the fog gate then hit him a few times in his hand til he dies. You may have to wait to you get the orange charred ring until you can get the chaos ember.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:49 am

Already did it once he stopped glitching it was pretty easy. Fast aint I? Honestly hard to believe myself that I got this game a little over a week ago... Fast learner I guess. Surprise myself sometimes because I thought this game was harder than anything I had ever played before.

Edit: Got the Ember, turns out there is one spot on the surrounding of the lava that is slightly closer than the rest. Allowed me to roll to it and get it. Took me a good 6 deaths but whatever, the game placed my experience out of the lava so what do I care. (Hasn't lost experience yet in entire game)

Question though, I think I am going to go to bed soon, however for later. Where should I go next? Catacombs and get that flame enchantment, eventually succeeding in Chaos. Or should I hit up Sen's fortress.

As a side note to that, anyone ever really pay attention to the way the traps are set up in Sen's fortress? If you think about it, they almost look like they are meant to keep something in, not out.

Last edited by sendicard on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Success!)
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:42 am

Ouch finally died.. 60000 exp and 13 humanity. Guess I will have to go farm some rats later, meaning I should get that ring. So.... To Sen's! The sad part is that I didn't die from enemies.... I DIED FROM FALLS! BOTH TIMES!!!!!

Ahh, just reinforces an earlier quote of mine about cliffs being overpowered.

Last edited by sendicard on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong wording.)
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:18 pm

You seem like you're doing really well. Congrats man. Let me know how your trip to Sen's goes, you'll probably need a stronger weapon than the drakesword though. You'll find a weapon in there that will help you get through Sen's though (then you'll need a better one after Sen's).
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Never did end up going to bed...

Well Sen's killed me over and over again so I went to the catacombs and got myself a flame weapon. Hoping that will help, going to pass out now...... Sure ye can help later or something....
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:18 am

Made it through Sen's with my Flaming Longsword+4. The name is Flaming right? Don't remember....

Anyway, I am currently in Anor Londo-Said screw the Catacombs, too much pain to be worth the misery. Most likely go back later.....

I am questioning how to make it past the first two silver knights. You know the ones on the narrow ledge that shoot lances at you until you are right next to them? Not sure how I am going to make it past the one I need to get past, I could always skip the other one.... Last time he kind of shot me in the back though so... Any tips? Because so far I can't even make it too him. I mean, I could always try rushing but...
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:13 am

Alright forgot about this thread from all the pain and suffering.

Alright so I am kind of stuck.

Going to state my progress in bosses killed and then where I am and why I am stuck.
    Asylum Demon,
    Bell Gargoyle,
    Capra Demon,
    Ceaseless Discharge,
    Chaos Witch Quelaag,
    Gaping Dragon,
    Great Grey Wolf Sif,
    Iron Golem,
    Moonlight Butterfly,
    Stray Demon,
    Taurus Demon. Might be more, don't remember.
    All of these have so far been conquered on my own. Personally wondering where I should go next however.

Tomb of Giants: I want to go there next but the complete darkness throws me off in combat. I can do the actual route because I beat the game two days ago for the first time, (Yay!) and remember the exact route by photo memory. However, not being able to see my enemies unless really close makes dodging hard. I can't use magic so the light spell is out of question, I can't find a lantern and I definitely don't have the helm.

Anor Londo: This is where I am stuck. I can make it past those lightning spear holders and the giants, however those two silver knights on the roofs are killing me. Getting up to their platform is easy, however there are two of them and they are both on completely different sides. The ledge is far too narrow for me to dodge the arrows(lance things...) and they are both shooting from different directions. I have done everything by myself so far, (friend said screw the no-lev run. Do believe his wording was "You are an absolute psychopath.... How.. Why? Teh fu?") however I need a partner now. I mapped out every option and blue prints of the area. The only possible way I can see doing it is to have a partner join me and run up the roofs, then guard the one of the left while I kill the one on the right. Then we can both converge on the left most one. Once I get to the bonfire after that their work is done and I can finally continue this run. If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to share. This puzzle has been really screwing with me.

New Londo Ruins: I can make it to the building with the red guy on the roof, however when I get there I am always absolutely demolished by like 10 different ghosts out of nowhere. I can't fight that without a high power, which is something I just don't have. I am sure I can think of something here though, maybe I should pick up some firebombs.... After so the Darkwraiths will be a pain but, they shouldn't be too harsh, their fist weapon is pretty useful if what my friend says is true. Not too mention light. Four Kings shouldn't be too hard if I dodge a lot so I pretty much got that one down when I grow the need to do so.

Painted World: Could go there at any time now, however I don't see how it would really be any use. Anything important here I should go for?

I also have upgraded my standard equips a minor amount if the info be needed. Mostly just upgrades.

Also encountered a problem I need a bit of advice on.
    Well my first game was a co-op character with some friends. I started this challenge when they weren't playing for a couple of days, and gained an immense amount of skill through pure determination and being thrown into instinct creation situations.

Well, here is where my problem starts. First off my co-op character is now in newgame+ and is a tank. I don't like playing as a tank anymore, the style just isn't fun. However my character has far too much strength to just roll off it and switch to lighter equips. I mean, I guess I could but I would be at a disadvantage for a good 50 levels or so.

Second, difficulty. It is far too easy, simple as that. While they were dying around the end of our first play through repetitively, I was ripping through without problem. I never die anymore on such a powerful character unless invaded. I am bored out of my mind with the difficulty while they are struggling. This is bad for a number of reasons. For starters it ruins my want to really play with them. Why be bored with them when I can have fun with a challenge. I have tried to get them to join me on a challenge run, regardless of what challenge, but they simply don't want to do so. So I end up forcing myself to suffer through it. I can't stop getting more powerful either or I won't be able to stay within their levels. I can't use weaker weapons or else they will complain about me being fundamentally useless compared to them.

This brings me to my next problem, my skill in general outclasses them. It sounds egotistic but it is true. I have no problem with that, no my problem is that they have noticed it. Being very good with reaction time, thought process, planning and just general quick learning kind of run in the family. So, it isn't uncommon for me to be more skilled than them. That isn't the problem at all. The problem is just how MUCH I outclass them in this game.

First, it is a pretty big hit to their confidence. I know it sounds weird to be effected like that by a game and I agree, however, it is true. I have no worry about our mage, it is our other fighter I am worried about. He is very easy to effect, shy and everything. His confidence is kind of lowering and I find him being more annoyed that he did worse than me when he died, than about his actual game death. I also find him countering my game banter with things like "You did better," while sounding almost sad. To make sure I wasn't going senile I purposefully screwed up in a way to make sure I did FAR worse than him, and then complimented on him doing far better than I during said fight. He countered with "You did better though...." I of course asked why. His answer? I cringed at this. "You always do better."

Now that just damn right is not true! I may be naturally skilled but there are MANY things he does better. Like um... Well for one he is like 8 times as strong as I am in real life. Although I guess that one goes to medical reasoning and can't really be used.

I am crushed here. What the hell am I supposed to do because I can't figure it out. Dood is like my best friend. Least I need is him growing an inferiority complex on me.

Sorry for the long post....
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:24 am

For the silver archers, just charge at the guy on the right. Try rolling through the arrows.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 pm

sendicard wrote:... and remember the exact route by photo memory.

Four Kings shouldn't be too hard if I dodge a lot so I pretty much got that one down

. I ... gained an immense amount of skill through pure determination

It is far too easy, simple as that. I was ripping through without problem. I never die anymore on such a powerful character. I am bored out of my mind with the difficulty while they are struggling.

I can't stop getting more powerful either

my skill in general outclasses them. . Being very good with reaction time, thought process, planning and just general quick learning kind of run in the family. So, it isn't uncommon for me to be more skilled than them. That isn't the problem at all. The problem is just how MUCH I outclass them in this game.

I may be naturally skilled but there are MANY things he does better. Like um...

Least I need is him growing an inferiority complex on me.
    I've highlighted parts of your post that might shed a little light on why a person of a humble nature might have confidence problems around you.

If you want to retain the pride you feel in your challenge run I suggest keeping on solo. It is all do-able. I have nowhere near your level of confidence yet I have cleared NG+++++++ at soul level 6. You'll get through NG no problem if you keep at it.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:12 pm

RNsunbro wrote:For the silver archers, just charge at the guy on the right. Try rolling through the arrows.

Tried it, other guy shoots me in the back, knocking me off the ledge most of the time.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Dodge a couple moments after you hear him shoot.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:34 pm

callipygias wrote:
    sendicard wrote:... and remember the exact route by photo memory.

Four Kings shouldn't be too hard if I dodge a lot so I pretty much got that one down

. I ... gained an immense amount of skill through pure determination

It is far too easy, simple as that. I was ripping through without problem. I never die anymore on such a powerful character. I am bored out of my mind with the difficulty while they are struggling.

I can't stop getting more powerful either

my skill in general outclasses them. . Being very good with reaction time, thought process, planning and just general quick learning kind of run in the family. So, it isn't uncommon for me to be more skilled than them. That isn't the problem at all. The problem is just how MUCH I outclass them in this game.

I may be naturally skilled but there are MANY things he does better. Like um...

Least I need is him growing an inferiority complex on me.
    I've highlighted parts of your post that might shed a little light on why a person of a humble nature might have confidence problems around you.

If you want to retain the pride you feel in your challenge run I suggest keeping on solo. It is all do-able. I have nowhere near your level of confidence yet I have cleared NG+++++++ at soul level 6. You'll get through NG no problem if you keep at it.

Oh come on, several of those points had an answer or back up point with them, you just kind of didn't highlight them. Like him being better at things, the only reason I had to think was because I am tired. I guess I shouldn't have added the "um" but I am used to writing what I am thinking. I shed a bit too much on my abilities for my point there. Sadly he really only sees the good, ever ability comes with a counter down flaw. Let me start out piece by piece as to why.

"and remember the exact route by photo memory. " I think in a different way than normal people, through pure high quality images, even sound is played in images. This is indeed a great thing, however it isn't to be mistaken with photographic memory. There are many down flaws, I can't think of something without seeing it for one. Think about what simple words like "death" bring to me. It is mind crushing sometimes. I also have a generally hard time remembering things sometimes unless I can get an exact image that isn't blurred. I also have a hard time remembering speech because it isn't an image. It is actually pretty easy for me to forget my point because of how many images I see just by looking at words. It is even hard for me to understand others because of it. My memory sucks when not on logistics because memory requires regular thought a lot, not entire events. Might be good describing a scene though..

"Four Kings shouldn't be too hard if I dodge a lot so I pretty much got that one down" Nothing I can really point out there, that is just confidence in myself. I find it funny how people are always telling me I need more confidence in myself, I think it is the opposite, I think I need a reality check sometimes if my ego gets too big.

"I ... gained an immense amount of skill through pure determination"
    That entire never give up thing in my willpower has screwed me over so many times. Wish that will power would be there when I actually NEED to do something useful...

Lastly, I need to bring up that a lot of my confidence shown is in my mental abilities. I mentioned before that I am physically weak. I wasn't joking, I am indeed weak because of a series of medical conditions that cause my body to be both unstable, and have some problems to the sun. I can't really spend time outside and therefore have developed nothing but mental abilities. As in, I have no physique, just intellect.

Now can you tell my why that is bad? I can think faster than I can react in real time, only in video games where you can only move so fast, can I keep up with myself. In real life there is actually a chance I will think I reacted completely before I even started. Say a cup fell off the table, I will have seen myself catch the cup before I even moved, most of the time not moving at all until the cup is almost on the ground. Only when I purposefully use instincts instead of thoughts do I really have any reaction time in real life at all. Otherwise everything is very slow.

Tons of other things but this is getting too long.

Your right about the run though, I should keep it solo, I can figure this part out. I just need some more time and some more graphing paper. Maybe if I try to take on the left one first, rolling across the narrow ledge to dodge the one on the right. Then I can get him to a spot alone to isolate him. If the one on the right follows me I just run, win regardless. Thanks for the info on your own progress, that assures me that it is possible. I Can do it as long as it remains possible.

Last edited by sendicard on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgotten point.)
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:43 pm

sendicard wrote:
    RNsunbro wrote:For the silver archers, just charge at the guy on the right. Try rolling through the arrows.

Tried it, other guy shoots me in the back, knocking me off the ledge most of the time.

Oh I can dodge the one on the left, the problem is that the ledge is extremely small so I can only dodge towards the one on the right, and he normally shoots at almost the exact same time, or swings a sword in my face.

I have a few more ideas to graph out and try theoretically though. Thanks!
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Oh as a note, I did catch your mark on Humble. I may be prideful but I am by no means Arrogant. I know my limits, I just don't like to highlight them as it normally results in a nonsensical rant. If I was arrogant I wouldn't have created this thread in the first place, the entire point was to get help because I knew I couldn't do it alone.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Do you want an easy answer, or figure it out yourself?

I have done this with a SL1 pyromancer; they're decent.

Levelling up a weapon to +5/Raw+5/+10/ Elemental is key. Use something that doesn't need stat scaling to be effective.

There's a sure way to take out the Anor Londo archers without dying, especially fitting with your build.

Tomb of Giants leave it alone for now.

New Londo is doable with the right gear, although without the lord vessel you'll have to kill the guy in red to progress.

Painted world has some worthwhile items; thinking of King Jeremiah's out fit for one.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Yo! Off topic here.

To the person who messaged me earlier. I somehow managed to delete your message by accident. So if your paying attention, please do. I already beat the game so spoilers aren't really a worry. Strategies are player specific so I seriously doubt you have the exact one I will use. Giving me things you do however will undoubtedly aid me in coming up with my own.

Kind of the point of the thread man.

Sorry, kind of forgot your name.....
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:35 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Do you want an easy answer, or figure it out yourself?

I have done this with a SL1 pyromancer; they're decent.

Levelling up a weapon to +5/Raw+5/+10/ Elemental is key. Use something that doesn't need stat scaling to be effective.

There's a sure way to take out the Anor Londo archers without dying, especially fitting with your build.

Tomb of Giants leave it alone for now.

New Londo is doable with the right gear, although without the lord vessel you'll have to kill the guy in red to progress.

Painted world has some worthwhile items; thinking of King Jeremiah's out fit for one.

Actually pretty sure that person I was talking about was you.....

Anyway, I shall follow ye advice. Anor Londo it is.

So I should go raw and then hit it with elemental. Not a bad idea, Grinding titanite I go! To the slimes!!!!!

I don't want an easy answer, although tips would be welcome.
    A strategy is welcome, however I don't want details.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:37 pm

edit deleted

Ok. I posted a detailed guide to tell you exactly how to get by them, but then saw you had posted saying you didn't want that.

So. Tips! You can parry the knights.

Strategy I use with a sl1: charge them, parry them.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Alright, this is where it gets embarrassing.

1, I can't charge them, the other shoots me in the back. I don't remember this problem my first time through for some reason....

Um..... I uh.. I'm actually pretty bad at parrying. That is one thing my other friend does have over me, something I like to point out... A lot. You see, I think so fast that I mistake the image I see of the enemies sword coming at me in my head, for what is really happening. So I kind of parry too early, like every time.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:48 pm

1, I do it all the time. Almost everytime, unless I'm off, then I go to option 2:

2. Use ranged. That's all I'll say. I'll give tips in the spoiler tags, 1 by 1.

Spoiler 1:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler 2:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler 3:
    Spoiler:

And: practice parrying. No such thing as thinking too fast.

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Hey what shield are you using? Does it have good physical defense and stability?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm