Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
lextune
Forum Pirate
Pharaun
aceluby
Glutebrah
Serious_Much
Rin
somebody_else
justwant2play
JY4answer
RANT
ErrJon6661
16 posters

Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

Poll

Is Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

[ 6 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_lcap27%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_rcap [27%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_lcap5%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_lcap5%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_lcap14%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_lcap49%Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? I_vote_rcap [49%] 

Total Votes: 22
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? Empty Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:57 am

Simple question thats bugged me for a while.

Low Level Grieving for those who dont know is creating a character and through glitches or sheer skill keeping them at a low level to invade in the begging area's of the game with high level weapons.

Anti Grieving is the same, but the people become Sunbro's instead of Darkwraiths or Darkmoons. This way they assist people instead of killing them.

In my opinion this poses a few ethical problems. The people you summon aren't supposed to be insanely good, ideally they should be just about as good as you. Now if you get summoned as an "Anti Griever" then you at some point will likely help that person kill the boss.... in 3-4 hits... Grieving is no better to me, as you get your butt kicked by some dude with a lightning bandits knife and a hornet ring.

Whats your guys' opinion on this? Are they equally as bad? One worse than the other?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? Empty Re: Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

Post by RANT Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:22 am

i think they both have nothing else to do, when they could be dueling or trying to find a new game to play the game they do stuff like that. i think invading at sl 15 is so boring, ohko lame.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving? Empty Re: Low Level Anti-Grieving, just as bad as Low Level Grieving?

Post by JY4answer Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:26 am

Both are just sad ways to either own hosts or own invaders. I don't see it as any different as farming. Go duel, ffs. If you want to win that bad, go play something else.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:28 am

I heard skyrim is pretty easy winking
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:30 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:I heard skyrim is pretty easy winking

not if you crank up the dufficulty, i dont get all the hype and why everyone loves the elder scroll games, i get why the first and second were popular but they havent changed a thing, theyre so outdated, magic is pretty awesome but melee combat is so freaking bad its not even funny.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:32 am

I actually like them. I started on oblivion a few years ago. I loved it. I'd have skyrim but Dark Souls got in the way.

For me its the freedom and exploration. No game captures it quite like the Elder Scrolls has, but other elements of the games do suffer. Such as combat.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:33 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    ErrJon6661 wrote:I heard skyrim is pretty easy winking

not if you crank up the dufficulty, i dont get all the hype and why everyone loves the elder scroll games, i get why the first and second were popular but they havent changed a thing, theyre so outdated, magic is pretty awesome but melee combat is so freaking bad its not even funny.

From what I can see, Skyrim is like an HD version of an 80's game. DkS ftw.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:38 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:I actually like them. I started on oblivion a few years ago. I loved it. I'd have skyrim but Dark Souls got in the way.

For me its the freedom and exploration. No game captures it quite like the Elder Scrolls has, but other elements of the games do suffer. Such as combat.

thats pretty much all it does right, the things that i hate the most is the floaty feeling of the game, it feels like im fighting in the moon.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:39 am

Thats always bugged me a bit. I usually stick to being a mage or a thief in the game, that way there's less chance of me experiencing that. But regardless it happens.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 am

theres so few good games that are coming out in these past years it sucks, havent played a good turned based rpg since ff12 but hopefully nino kuni will change that, cant wait for it, i already paid for it.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:44 am

I'm kind of excited for Kingdoms of Amalure (SP?) It looks alright. I'm not so much into the turn based games. Demons souls ruined most rpg's for me.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:47 am

i played the kingdoms of amulur demo and it was ok, cant even compare it to demon's souls but it was better than skyrim.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:32 am

Elder Scrolls are only for those who like to adventure and stuff. Only hardcore fighters like the Souls series.
    somebody_else
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somebody_else Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:04 am

well, depends... if one makes antigriefer and fights 1v1, then... why not? not saying it is ok, but it is a legitimate way to persuade griefers that they are wrong about low level sure kills. when i decide on doing that i'm using dried finger and so often get invaded by same person few times in a row. i've been called "*** camper" whole lot of times now. this is in fact the only way to not disturb games and play fair.

griefers are bad, but... fulltime sunbro antigriefer is definitely way worse than griefer. they are the ones that totally broke balance from broken to pure nonsense. i don't even remember when i invaded 1v1 at levels below 130 or at least had decent hunting game.

i mean coop... is ok, but people are relying on summons too much even in ordinary game. i can't even tell how many times i cleaned complete anor londo and fighting invaders while host still tried to summon 2nd phantom in bonfire room just to be greeted later with up to 15 minutes of waiting before boss fog until he finally find another one.

p.s. didn't even vote since poll doesn't make sense
    somebody_else
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somebody_else Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:Low Level Grieving for those who dont know is creating a character and through glitches or sheer skill keeping them at a low level to invade in the begging area's of the game with high level weapons.

that remark of the skill made me laugh. just what the *** do you need skill for? IT IS DUMBEST BUILD YOU CAN MAKE!!!

- pick weapon with high damage/low requirements (weapon that you like) and make it lightning/chaos
    - set str/dex at minimum requirements of the weapon (you can even use 2/3str tactic and dualhand)
    - pick rings and armor with decent poise/defense which fits your play
    - set end to just fit that equipment to get speed you want
    - put rest in vit
    - do not kill gargoyles
    - camp
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:03 am

low lv grivers are just noobs that cant take on a high lv player ... thay are a pain in the *** well i made 2 new toons a dex build and a vit build some weeks back the moment i got into an area that i can be invaded in a message poped out that i was getting invaded the dude had full gaints and was using a flip and havels ring and had a dragonslayer spear and some type of a gratesword i thing it was the moonlight as his 2nd weapon i got lucky and backstabbed him and when i kicked him after the stabb he fell to his death thats the 1 time when i was invaded by a low lv griver but 3 of my friends that got drs and stopped playing it coz they couldent get to some of the bosses as they were invaded by low lv players with simular equipment to the one i described
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 am

I think they are both bad, but while there are BB glitch griefers, anti griefers are necessary to not spoil the online play early on in DkS entirely, I am in fact creating an anti griefer.

However, I do not think this is that noble of me since me being there will cause the game to be ridiculously easier (even if i have normal equipment those lucky enough to summon me i basically solo all the level for them), but that way they dont learn.

Then in areas where griefing is less significant such as blighttown, they will be less able to cope with that, which i think is the first significantly challenging area in the game.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:38 am

somebody_else wrote:
    ErrJon6661 wrote:Low Level Grieving for those who dont know is creating a character and through glitches or sheer skill keeping them at a low level to invade in the begging area's of the game with high level weapons.

that remark of the skill made me laugh. just what the *** do you need skill for? IT IS DUMBEST BUILD YOU CAN MAKE!!!

- pick weapon with high damage/low requirements (weapon that you like) and make it lightning/chaos
    - set str/dex at minimum requirements of the weapon (you can even use 2/3str tactic and dualhand)
    - put rest in vit
    - do not kill gargoyles
    - camp

he means people who actually beat the game at a super low level of lvl 1-5 just to make the weapons them self get to NG+ and invade undead burg. that takes skill, the griefers before the bottomless box exsisted
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42 am

Both spoil the game until about SL70+. Getting one shot by an invader using end game gear. Having your co-op person OHKO a boss. Giving characters end game gear.

IMO the BB glitch pretty much ruined every area up through Anor in terms of invading and co-op. I just stay hollow until then, it's just not worth the hassle most of the time. I do help others, but once I see they have another partner in end game gear I black crystal out of there.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:43 am

Glutebrah wrote:
    somebody_else wrote:

- put rest in vit
    - do not kill gargoyles
    - camp

he means people who actually beat the game at a super low level of lvl 1-5 just to make the weapons them self get to NG+ and invade undead burg. that takes skill, the griefers before the bottomless box exsisted

I actually have no real issue w/ this type of griefing. It was built into the game and takes quite a bit of skill, though you don't need to go into NG+ to invade the burg.
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:14 pm

I have a low level anti griefer but I don't use him as a phantom. I just hang out in the Burg and try to get invaded. I have a blast chasing down griefers when they run after they find out it won't be an easy fight. What I don't understand is the anti griefer camping, that's just as bad as griefing imo. I got summoned into a 2v1 on my red sign in the burg the other day no big deal but the guys were hanging out at the spawn point and started attacking right away, when that happens all bets are off so a pivot backstab on the phantom later I was chasing down the host.

I am having a lot of fun with the low level scene, I got over the spell spamming, same armor, and boring tactics of the Kiln. Even had a Gravelord in the Burg the other day at level 10, that was very fun. Made a couple friends along the way, mostly the invaders that fought when they saw I wasn't new to the game. We would have some great fights then I would use the dry finger to try them again. The guys would message that they enjoyed the fights and weren't there to take advantage of new players, they would black crystal out if they saw it was a genuine new player. I am sure not all invasions go that way but I don't want to label all them as griefers. Some guys are just looking for low level PvP.

I remember when I first started the game and all that invaded me were griefers, now I just want to pay back some of those losses. I guess that makes me an anit griefer but I will never camp nor do I want to be a phantom that just one shots the early bosses, that takes too much away from someone just starting the game.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Low level PvP is sooooooo boring. Melee, melee, melee, and whoever gets two shots in first wins. OMG, shoot me now.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:47 pm

want anti-grief? go darkmoon. thats why they exist. don't get me wrong the black phantoms deserve it but the host can either handle them, or needs the experience and the phantom blasting the boss/invader won't help them. if anything the host is being robbed of the sense of accomplishment they've been fighting for. now the human form anti-griefing sounds harmless, if boring, but whatever.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:want anti-grief? go darkmoon. thats why they exist. don't get me wrong the black phantoms deserve it but the host can either handle them, or needs the experience and the phantom blasting the boss/invader won't help them. if anything the host is being robbed of the sense of accomplishment they've been fighting for. now the human form anti-griefing sounds harmless, if boring, but whatever.

I would agree if someone actually knew how the DM invasions work. Lots of theories as to what a 'sin' actually is and if killing an NPC constitutes a sin punishable by a DM I would say that even being a DM is griefing.
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:58 pm

aceluby wrote:Low level PvP is sooooooo boring. Melee, melee, melee, and whoever gets two shots in first wins. OMG, shoot me now.

It's not too bad actually. You have to have some decent armor though to stop ohko. Yeah its a lot of melee and some pyro.

Once you move up to level 20 or so the guys have more magic and around 30 it's getting close to just about all things except the stuff requiring 40+ int or faith. Sure all weapons are elemental but you know that going in, hell most of the weapons used in 120 were elemental.

I have the best both worlds. When I get bored with gang bangs and spell spams I play low level. When low level gets boring and I start to miss dodging WoG and making BKGA users pay I switch back.

No matter how you look at it it's PvP.

Last edited by Pharaun on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Didn't want it to sound like I was accusing anyone in this thread)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 am