No-level question

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: No-level question

Post by sendicard on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 am

Well as sad as it is, I am still stuck on Four Kings. I did beat Anor Londo but Four Kings tends to instant kill me. So I just kind of gave up. Most of the time he doesn't even swing his weapon, I just die. So I just said screw it.

I get back on and try again every few weeks, but I doubt I'll ever complete it. Unless someone has some huge tip on how not to be annihilated by four kings.

My level 260, prized character(Cries)

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Power Within for sure is necessary; fast dodge necessary as well, and use a crest shield +5. I can't remember if I used a firehand axe or reinforced club; I know I was having trouble with the club as I think it has a lower DPS.

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:22 am

I'm a hunter, no power within.

I'll take the crest shield into thought though. He's a mage right? Might be a good idea.

I always have fast roll.

My sword is fine, I do like 300 damage per strike.

Glad to see you man. My internet is finally less glitchy.(Got a new box)
    So I'm sure we could connect if you ever want to play sometime.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:18 am

Stone armor, Wolf Ring, 20 Estus, and a high dps weapon = dead kings.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:34 am

Really? Even on a no lev?

Aight, I'll try it. I will move very slow though...

I'll try it tomorrow most likely, and report progress like I did all those months back.

Thanks.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:38 am

I did it with my SL 6. Fire Falchion, stone armor, 20 estus. It took me a couple tries.

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:42 am

Your also a moderator, meaning you are most likely better than me.

I'll try it though, a few tries is better than impossible. Heh, seriously this is crazy. Instant kills everywhere.

Chaos or lightning, I have both.

Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:51 am

sendicard wrote:Your also a moderator, meaning you are most likely better than me.

I'll try it though, a few tries is better than impossible. Heh, seriously this is crazy. Instant kills everywhere.

Chaos or lightning, I have both.

4 Kings are weak to fire, if the wiki is to be believed, so use chaos.

Personally I wouldn't try tanking them with starter stats... Some of their moves are very dangerous. Either dodging or blocking with a decent shield (high stability and magic resist) sounds more viable to me.
    Blocking is how I did it with my SL1, as stated in the thread just below this 1, and also in some old thread that died long, long ago.

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:59 am

Well I was going to go crest shield or something similar with the stone armor when I tried it.. Chaos it is though, thanks.

The more I continue into the wiki, the more a no-level run almost seems like an initiation. It feels like everyone but me has completed one solo. I only didn't complete it because I got bored though. Even my attention span only lasts so long, and I do have a life. At least kind of.

Got back into it about two weeks ago again, game has been fun again. Feels kind of routine though, sadly. Not the no level of course, but the game in general. Hoping Dark Souls 2 adds more diversity. Maybe switch up the enemy spawn locations periodically, or add a more tactical attack system for the enemies.

Anyway, I'll be sure to post my progress tomorrow if I make any.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:02 am

sendicard wrote:Your also a moderator, meaning you are most likely better than me.

I don't know about that. I'm not that good, just persistent.

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:07 am

Persistence is a skill, a damn good one. One I can certainly respect.

But I get your point, stupid of me to place higher skill as a reason without actually knowing your abilities. As it is though I'm really down from the lack of skill during the pvp earlier. I did really bad. Well, for me anyway.

Your PSN right? If I had a PS3 I wouldn't mind a duel sometime. Testing myself against a moderator would be awesome, even if I got annihilated. Alas I don't, so whatever.

I think I have a level 2 chaos longsword, is that good enough?

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:23 am

I would say the Chaos Longsword +2 is ok.
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 am

Reim is a meany butt.

If you have a high level pyro flame 4childrens are simple. Wear a seance sing and Havel's (for betterish armor and fast roll) put PW in the last attunment slot.

Cast it before the drop and switch on the CoA. 2 GFBs should stop the first two kings. Meaning you have 8 GCs for the third and a few swings of any elemental weapon will finish the last.

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:06 am

Plus 2 is good? Thanks, good to know.

Jansports wrote:Reim is a meany butt.

If you have a high level pyro flame 4childrens are simple. Wear a seance sing and Havel's (for betterish armor and fast roll) put PW in the last attunment slot.

Cast it before the drop and switch on the CoA. 2 GFBs should stop the first two kings. Meaning you have 8 GCs for the third and a few swings of any elemental weapon will finish the last.

Hunter, as in no attunement. I got nothing. Working from pure physical fighting arts here.

Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:28 am

I'm an idiot and assumed you were a pyro
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Yeah, I'm PSN. I've got 4 or 5 alts. reim0027_3, reim0027_4, reim0027_5, and reim0027_6.

I'm making a SL 10 elemental/pyro build. If you need help, let me know (ping me here, send me a PM via PSN, or add me as a skype contact: reim0027) and I can help you or die trying.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Even with 0 att you can have power within; use white or dark seance ring, then att it. Cast it before you drop down to the 4 kings,then equip artorius covenant ring over it.

If you suck at dodging you can poise it, but high mag defence is the way. They do pure magic damage. In the painted world you can get Xanthous set, its chest and legs and arms good. Big hat is ggod for head peice.

Sorry for crummy english, typing one handed, taking shortcuts...

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Typing one? Whatever.

Sadly Reim, I'm Xbox and not PSN. Glad that you would take up on the offer if I was though. Heh, thanks.

Doesn't power within kind of kill you?

I'm actually quite proficient at dodging, but I'll be in stone armor. I don't think I'll be moving..... Like at all.

I'm going to go for my try pretty soon, just woke up. Hehe, whoops.

Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Power within deals damage based on a % of your health, so it actually does the LEAST damage to you during low level runs.

also plenty of things kill you in 1 hit, so it doesn't matter if your at full or 2% one hit is one hit.

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Well the idea of the stone armor was to stop me from dying painful.

cfcwts

Post by cfcwts on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Hey friend sendicard (and all participants)!
    Reading your topic mades me want start a hunter no level up challenge tongue

I finished a no level up with pyro and warrior (both on gwyn fog/NG+), hunter can be funny (or stressing heheh)

I recorded videos from my first time beating some bosses at SL1, which can be some help for you at four kings mainly...

Here is my first time beating four kings/sl1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgKJr47YOg
    It's horrible performance I know, but note that even with lots of errors, bad timings, grabs, time spent, three bosses at screen and so... I was able to win, if it was at NG+ I'll be dead on first seconds of fight :roll:

Here is the fight with same boss, same SL1, but on NG+:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju0tkJx-t0g
    A lot better performance, because I was more experienced with boss moves etc... and here, I didn't knew even that some four king moves can be avoided without dodge (saving precious stamina, I saw it on SL1 naked run video)...

You can consider using red tearstone ring for insane boost on your attack... It was what I do, then at middle at fight I change for another ring and use estus flasks.
    At first game, lots of four kings attacks don't kill you, and the more close you are from kings, less damage he deals on you (valid only for arms attack, I believe).

When you mastered four kings fight, you'll see what DLC bosses are a lot harder (artorias and manus mainly)...

And tips from people here in this topic (you included) probabbly will help me at my future hunter no level run big grin

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:00 am

I thank you, I really do, but I must decline.

I will take advice but I want to figure out the movements and style myself.

One of the main things that had me doing a no-lev run within a week of playing the game for the first time back then was my eyes. I can trace and memorize easily. Sadly my normal memory isn't so good.

So if I watch that video I will win as you, not me, so I can't do that.

I do hope for anyone else that stumbles across this thread to check that video out though, as I'm sure they could use some help.

I pride myself in figuring things out myself without being shown in exacts, maybe a hint or two yes, but not exacts.

If you would however like to compare notes, in either a pm or here. I'll be glad to do so with you.

Sorry guys, I wasn't able to do it today. I've been ganked by friends. Maybe I shouldn't have invited everybody over for that event.....

cfcwts

Post by cfcwts on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:22 pm

I commend your decision big grin

When playing any game by first time I dont watch vids, ask things, hear game musics and even limit to watch some trailers.. I like to figure all by myself, without help, for more challenge and fun tongue

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Well I'm definitely not new, but I've never beat the no-lev run. From what I hear I didn't exactly pick the best starting class but you know; I'll get over it. I've gotten over it.

I would have completed this a long time ago but I didn't even think about magic armor. Whoops, stupid move on my part. I forgot that the game is as much strategy as it is skill. I got **** and overlooked obvious things. A huge tactical flaw on my part.

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:15 pm

co-cky is censored? Why?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 pm