Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Reaperfan
Uparkaam
Azran
deadagain
SlakeMoth
Heroez Blade
ublug
vageta31
12 posters

For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this.

vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this. Empty For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this.

Post by vageta31 Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcZqPCwFpeg
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this. Empty Re: For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this.

Post by ublug Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Very nice For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this. 1330857165

Just had a thought as well, could it be possible to defeat them without actually killing any of them? Just leave each one with a sliver of health left?
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this. Empty Re: For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this.

Post by vageta31 Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Hmm close but not quite I don't think. Each king has 2k hit points, so total they have 8k. You could theoretically do 1999 on each king and be within 4 points of killing them, but since you can't have more than 4 at a time you'd still have to kill one. The only way to kill less than 4 is to do more than 2k to any one that you kill since it still subtracts anything over their own 2k health from their total.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 am

Holy **** dude. I would die hundreds of times if i tried to do that. You are very good at dodging unlike me.

My tactic for beating them is to use a +10 fire gargoyles halberd and 2H the crap out of them. It made them a piece of cake on my current playthrough.

You should post more videos of you beating the bosses easily. Maybe i can use some of your tactics.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:31 am

As one who is about to struggle with the 4 Kings in new game+ I salute you but I don't think I'll be doing it this way. One at a time is enough for me. From what I can see, you are using a fire weapon, is this the best type against them? I've beaten them twice first playthrough by equipping the Gravelord Sword and Havels set plus Cloranthy & Havels Ring. Would you reccommend I change this for more mobility?
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:44 am

SlakeMoth wrote:As one who is about to struggle with the 4 Kings in new game+ I salute you but I don't think I'll be doing it this way. One at a time is enough for me. From what I can see, you are using a fire weapon, is this the best type against them? I've beaten them twice first playthrough by equipping the Gravelord Sword and Havels set plus Cloranthy & Havels Ring. Would you reccommend I change this for more mobility?

Any high DPS weapon works fine, but yes they are weak to fire and lightning I think. However pure physical damage works fine as well. You just have to kill them quickly so you don't get ganged up on, which is exactly what I purposely did for the fun of it. You can either learn to dodge and counter as I was doing, or poise tank and heal through everything.

Personally I think dodging is the better method but it requires practice. Poise tanking is fine, but as you get into more NG+ they hit a lot harder and it will be harder to keep up your damage if you're constantly healing. Just make sure you have some sort of stamina regen going, the grass by itself is better than any of the other items but they do stack. Grass + grass crest shield is plenty for keeping up your DPS as your stamina will regen faster after you deplete it by attacking.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you, I'm not really that good at dodging (something else to practice) so I guess I'll try going toe to toe first.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Holy crap that was insane.
    Bow
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:59 pm

You make it look easy. Nicely done.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:22 pm

How... How did you... Is that even possible?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:05 pm

It's videos like these that make this game look so much easier than it actually is lol!

"Pfft, Dark Souls ain't that tough. I seen vidjas on Youtube of guys beatin' the bosses at level 3!"

But I gotta wonder...Estus Flask +7. Didn't think it was possible to get a +7 Estus Flask on a first playthrough. NG+ defeat? :shock:
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Reaperfan wrote:It's videos like these that make this game look so much easier than it actually is lol!

"Pfft, Dark Souls ain't that tough. I seen vidjas on Youtube of guys beatin' the bosses at level 3!"

But I gotta wonder...Estus Flask +7. Didn't think it was possible to get a +7 Estus Flask on a first playthrough. NG+ defeat? :shock:

Nah just BB glitch. When I make videos other than challenge playthroughs I always use a BB glitch of my reference file so I have access to anything I need for a video.
    Razorame
    Razorame
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Razorame Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 pm

vageta31 wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:It's videos like these that make this game look so much easier than it actually is lol!

Nah just BB glitch. When I make videos other than challenge playthroughs I always use a BB glitch of my reference file so I have access to anything I need for a video.

Naughty lol nice vid as always
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Nice vid vag!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:53 am

vageta31 wrote:Nah just BB glitch. When I make videos other than challenge playthroughs I always use a BB glitch of my reference file so I have access to anything I need for a video.

Makes sense. I was gonna be unimaginably impressed though if that was a legitimate NG+ 4 Kings kill with a level 3 lol!
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:18 am

For those struggling with the 4 Kings, you might want to watch this. 1330857165
    Sintinerus

Post by Sintinerus Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:18 am

Hey Vegeta! Vegeta!Vegeta!Vegeta! Vegeta!Vegeta!

God Damn it, Nappa!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 pm