Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Paragon
Informidance
Lord of Ash
Ahhotep1
Demon Slayer
Darkmoon Blade
dantheman123
FriskierHail
Soris Ice Goldwing
wolfboy
vatar5
hageshisa
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Mr_Bungle50221
dancash1808
whitechikz11
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
ROOSTER330
ImperialSunlight
Servant of Priscilla
WyrmHero
Shkar
DoughGuy
SunlightCrusader
29 posters

Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon!

Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon! - Page 8 Empty Re: Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon!

Post by Paragon Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Whats a bigup?

Also its entirely possible to go through several playthroughs of a game and never have to acquire sin or request absolution.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon! - Page 8 Empty Re: Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon!

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:43 pm

Str weapons like the Zwei and GS are perfect for BS fishers. Don't play locked on. Aim behind you. You will either dead angle them, or hit them as they try to roll BS. Hopefully, you''re 2H it and they don't have 76 poise. Because, then you can get a second hit.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 am

How about this build? I know Cleric is a better starting class. But, I already have a build I can convert.

http://mmdks.com/1cva
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 am

Reim I LOVE your input; Thanks bud! (+1 for you) I've got a faith 50 toon on SL120 but she's on NG+7 I think and I dont use her anymore seeing as I platinumed the game with her.
    I do like your build and have another faith build in process - Princess Covenant with Zwei; mainly for support. Only SL85 but still in progress... http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=243603734400560277 I'm not stuck on staying in the Pricess guard covenant and will progress to NG+ and will go Darkmoon Blade more than likely... What do you think?

@luvz: bigup.. to "big" someone up, to build their confidence, to compliment them and encourage them... make them feel good about their abilities in this case.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 am

I'd bump Str to 27 and get a +15 Zwei (2H it). It will outdamage a divine/occult Zwei, even at 50 faith. Why such huge poise? You are really sacrificing defense (Giant's armor offers the best defense with good poise for example). TWoP is not my favorite Miracle for invasions. It is effective, but too many people use it to get easy backstabs or spamming things like Dark Bead or Crystal Soul Spear.

How high are you planning on taking your faith?
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:41 am

On NG+ I'll have two Zwei's so can do one +15 and one Occult +5!

I may just round Faith up to 40. I only need 30 to cast the spells I want after chainging to Darkmoon Cov. I've got 35 points to play with still so have a load of options... I used the armour optimizer for poise which dished out Havels set.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:On NG+ I'll have two Zwei's so can do one +15 and one Occult +5!

I may just round Faith up to 40. I only need 30 to cast the spells I want after chainging to Darkmoon Cov. I've got 35 points to play with still so have a load of options... I used the armour optimizer for poise which dished out Havels set.

What is this armor optimizer? Ive heard about it before but have no Idea where to find it. Is it on the wiki or on mugenmonkey?
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Its on Mungenmonkey. Where you fill in your stats there are a few tabs on the left hand side. Click the armour optimzor tab and then choose which stat you want the engine to search under ie poise, defense, lightning res etc and click search and it'll give you a list of options. If you then choose your chosen option it will take you back to the stat screen and fill in the armour choices for you happy
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Awesome! thanks for the info
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Don't just look at the ARs for the +15 and occult. +15 will outdamage it in real life, despite what the AR is. And, it can be buffed. It has to do with split defences. The occult's AR gets lowered twice, whereas the +15 gets lowered once.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:17 am

What does AR mean?

Also, been kicking butt in Anor Londo. Have had to use cracked red eye orbs but I haven't got indicted yet so the no sin playthrough is still going strong!

Praise The Moon!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:33 am

Sorry. AR = Attack Rating. What the game tells you your weapon damage is. This is not actual damage, since defenses aren't factored yet.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:01 am

@Reim: it may have been a waste downgrading and upgrading again but I got a +15 zwei as of last night! Cleaned up all areas and moved into NG+
    Some poor dooshbag invaded me in the burg and got splattered by the R2 attack buffed with some fire resin. Awesome!
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 am

Would you say strike is the most common form of attack? I was messing about with mugenmonkey to optimise armour and it throws up a variety of choices given the defensive stat you choose to prioritise.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Slash is the most common attack type because katanas are so ubiquotous.
    I got your back bro.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:06 am

LOL. Was going to say the same thing.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:01 am

Wicked - In which case I'll use the armour optimizer to prioritize against slash attacks.. I've been wearing the blacksmiths viking helmet (from the skeletons - sorry the gym this morning has drained my brain of its general thinking abilities!), Paladin Armour Chest piece, the Xanthos leggings from... dude from Painted World.. (boy do I need a coffee and a berocca!) and Havels gauntlets for extra poise... with the Sanctus I look like Soul Glow!! All golden and juicy!
    Easily pleased clearly! lol!

http://mmdks.com/1e0c

My build - "Darius the Forgiver"
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Im on PSN my ninjas!

My PSN ID is luvz2fight2 im gonna send yall friend requests

Jolly Co-operation!
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:50 am

cheers for the add last night Luvz! Looking forward to some Jolly Co-op!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:50 am

Just updating to say even though I don't always post I do check in every so often. This is my senior year so I'm pretty busy with school, college stuff, extra curricular stuff, social obligations, etc. But I am making an effort to keep this cov afloat as it does matter to me. I just wanted to make sure that you guys knew that.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 pm

I still want to make a 120ish Darkmoon for this. I'll need to hook up with Myz to trade some items.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:56 am

reim0027 wrote:I still want to make a 120ish Darkmoon for this. I'll need to hook up with Myz to trade some items.
    You would be welcome here Reim. The more the merrier! For us at least... for the sinners not so much. twisted
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon! - Page 8 Empty Update

Post by Paragon Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey Sunlight, just wanted to give you an update on my progress. Ive got three builds on Playstation, all Darkmoons. My most successful is a level 120 Lady of Darkling cosplay build. Im DM+3 with her and have 99 ears in my BB. How do I get those to you or prove that I am in fact DM+3 I want to rank up in the LD cov but since your on xbox and my xbox is getting fixed right now how do we do this. I know you said something about taking a picture and then sending it to you but I have no tech skill whatsoever so I don't know what to do. Please help.

P.S. Put my PSN id on the ps3 list of active members. Gamertag is luvz2fight, PSN is luvz2fight2. Thank you

P.P.S. I hope you do join Reim, it would be an honor to meet you in-game.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:31 am

@Luvz - 99 ears??? Dude you are awesome
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:@Luvz - 99 ears??? Dude you are awesome

Kiln baby. Once I got to DM+3 my DMB started kicking BUTT!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:08 am