Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
whitechikz11
Spurgun
Shkar
Forum Pirate
DxV04
billy_bayonet
NR-K
White Knight Wulf
swordiris
cloudyeki
RaynexFall
WyrmHero
Ahhotep1
DarkW17
Serious_Much
Servant of Priscilla
nsane32
Federally
DoughGuy
ViralEnsign_
24 posters

User Covenants RP Thread

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

User Covenants RP Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: User Covenants RP Thread

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:14 am

I know he's the FFXII toon.. but doesn't he use havel's armour as a knight of havel? :|

Still though, send me your build and armour combo etc and I'll try make a viable SL80 out of it, though it will have to sacrifice some power, health and stamina here and there most likely.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:14 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    "Nevyn" said Oscar. he had bothered to learn the names of the lifehunter command to avoid confusion "What news is this?"
    We'll pretend you burst in just after Serious's post.
    @Forum No I was responding to Serious's OoC post.

"The dragon in ash lake has granted us access through, directly to the tomb." He stopped, and locked at everyone in the room. "But it only allowed the lifehunters to pass through. they don´t want any dragon-killers so close to them."
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 am

"There is nothing we can do about that. This access for our allies will doubtless help our assault. We must simply try and shift this situation from a disappointment into a decisive tactical move."

Andarta turns with the others toward Oscar, looking for his tactical wisdom to instruct

"Grandmaster, how would you use this situation to benefit us?"

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 am

"Thats fine. Its probably best we keep separate during the attack." Oscar told him "It will also give us more options. You can help circumnavigate their defencs." He waved Nevyn over to the table even though a few knights visibly moved their hands to their weapons as he approached. "Anything you can add to this map? And where is the ash lake entrance?"
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 am

DoughGuy wrote:"Thats fine. Its probably best we keep separate during the attack." Oscar told him "It will also give us more options. You can help circumnavigate their defencs." He waved Nevyn over to the table even though a few knights visibly moved their hands to their weapons as he approached. "Anything you can add to this map? And where is the ash lake entrance?"

Nevyn walked up to the table. "The entrance is very close to Nitos chamber. We can bypass most of the tomb if we go through it." He pointed at the map. "But they already know of it, so they have probably moved backwards."

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 am

"Even if they know this, I believe it can still be used to our advantage. We attack them from both sides, a pincer movement. The Lifehunters can come in through the Ash lake entrance, and using fall control cast by the Seekers and Mage knights the Knights' forces can swiftly progress down the levels and catch the Gravesworn with nowhere to go. They will be trapped on both sides."

Andarta then sought Oscar's advice on how to carry out this rough plan.

"How should we move and who should lead to ensure we trap them, grandmaster?"

(happy now dough? silly )
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:33 pm

DoughGuy wrote:He dropped down the stairs, barely touching them as the room behind him exploded in fire. The force hit him in the back, the arrow tumbling from his grasp. Time slowed, the flames slowly expanding, the arrow glinting in the bright light. His mouth formed the name of its own accord ... "Laplace". Time snapped baak into stride and he flew across the room, splashing though the street into the next building. He knew who hunted him. Now to find them.

The maze of buildings was dangerous. Water filled pitfalls, ghosts, and buildings that crumbled so easily made it ideal for Laplace to have the edge. With the church a distance away though, he'd have to keep himself hidden from his guest, lest he give away where he was heading. With this in mind, Laplace used the narrow alleyways and gutted buildings to hide himself away from Eidolas.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Fml forgot my skype name lols

Ahho saved me
    crunchynumber
    crunchynumber
    Casual
    Casual

Post by crunchynumber Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Drake looked up towards Abel, "I believe a solution has been delivered." As he spoke Drake summoned his flame in his hand and quickly incinerated the delivered note, he then moved to stand and turned away from the table. "I must summon one of my Bone Hand to the meeting, then I will lay out my solution." As he spoke a small black phantom appeared by Drake, he leaned down towards it and spoke in hushed tone only the phantom could hear, "Go to Krom, tell him to come with all haste." When he was finished Drake turned away and the phantom vanished in a white mist.

Krom had just defeated the first of the two gargoyles in Anor Londo and was utterly dumbfounded on how to fix the bridge so that he could reach the chapel in Anor Londo. While he was getting frustrated trying to think of a way around this obstacle a phantom appeared in front of him. He drew his claymore and prepared for battle but the phantom only smirked and said, “Lieutenant Krom, Drake has requested your presence in the New Londo Ruins,” and with that, he vanished. Krom decided that he would tackle the bridge tower another day and started his trek to New Londo Ruins.

He reached the Firelink Shrine only to find that the sad soldier in chain mail had dissappeared from where he sat not too long ago. Krom thought nothing of it and continued down to the elevator. As he approached the wooden bridge to the entrance of New Londo he found that the soldier was standing in his way. At first he thought that the soldier would aid him through New Londo but he soon realized that the Soldier had turned hollow. Krom drew his claymore just in time to block an on coming slash from the soldiers longsword. Krom held his claymore above his head and brought it down on the soldier. The soldier was crushed under the massive blow and saw death for the last time. Krom kicked the body into the water and watched as it sunk down until he could not see it anymore.

He walked up the steps to the Great Hall and shoved the door out of his way. The door swung open and hit the back of the wall with a thud. He walked to Drake and sheathed his claymore. “I came as soon as I received the message.” He said.

Last edited by crunchynumber on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 pm

"Now we can conclude our Business here, Izaliths silence has shown we cannot look to them to aid us, i will leave My blade to defend the spot"
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Serious_Much wrote:"Even if they know this, I believe it can still be used to our advantage. We attack them from both sides, a pincer movement. The Lifehunters can come in through the Ash lake entrance, and using fall control cast by the Seekers and Mage knights the Knights' forces can swiftly progress down the levels and catch the Gravesworn with nowhere to go. They will be trapped on both sides."

Andarta then sought Oscar's advice on how to carry out this rough plan.

"How should we move and who should lead to ensure we trap them, grandmaster?"

(happy now dough? silly )
    (Yes I am!)
    "Gabranth and Mildred will lead the frontal attack. Allant will accompany you Andarta, down thorugh the tomb to attack from behind with your magic. Well will trap them here." Oscar poiints to a location just inside the mapped area "We will strike a decisive blow here, florcing them to regroup. That will give us time to plan our next move into the uncharted areas. Once we enter the new areas the Lifehunters will order their attack, keeping the enemy busy as we push forward. We will continue to use magic to slip around their defences as the Knight of Havel push foward. The dragonslayers, led by myself, amd some select knights will use these outer tunnels to move around and flank them further. We will attack from 4 directions at once. Their chokepoints wil be useless, their rear and flanks exposed. This will be easy."
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:16 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:"Now we can conclude our Business here, Izaliths silence has shown we cannot look to them to aid us, i will leave My blade to defend the spot"
    "Yes but we still have the ash lake entrance to worry about. If they get in through there it could be very bad for us. I might be able to get somehelp from the Grey Wolf Sif. We are wolves either way and I might be able to get him to help. Though there is no garuntee of his help since will be fighting knights."
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:47 pm

DoughGuy wrote: "Gabranth and Mildred will lead the frontal attack. Allant will accompany you Andarta, down thorugh the tomb to attack from behind with your magic. Well will trap them here." Oscar poiints to a location just inside the mapped area "We will strike a decisive blow here, florcing them to regroup. That will give us time to plan our next move into the uncharted areas. Once we enter the new areas the Lifehunters will order their attack, keeping the enemy busy as we push forward. We will continue to use magic to slip around their defences as the Knight of Havel push foward. The dragonslayers, led by myself, amd some select knights will use these outer tunnels to move around and flank them further. We will attack from 4 directions at once. Their chokepoints wil be useless, their rear and flanks exposed. This will be easy."

kinda need mildred and gab here to play off this.. :|
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 pm

cloudyeki wrote:The maze of buildings was dangerous. Water filled pitfalls, ghosts, and buildings that crumbled so easily made it ideal for Laplace to have the edge. With the church a distance away though, he'd have to keep himself hidden from his guest, lest he give away where he was heading. With this in mind, Laplace used the narrow alleyways and gutted buildings to hide himself away from Eidolas.
    Eidolas slowed to a walk inside the new building. No more arrows or flames flew through the air at him. Either he had lost Laplace or the man was hiding himself. He sheathed his katana and drew his talisman, readying a bal of force. Now he could respond. He snuck up the building to the third floor. He needed a vantage point.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Laplace was taking slow steps within the building he was in. The ghosts had gone dead silent, floating past Laplace upward through the ceiling. 'He isn't here' Laplace quickly stepped out and into a new alley, trying to keep his steps as quiet as possible. He vaulted up to a 2nd story balcony, looking at the cavern's ceiling as a gauge to his possition. 'The chapel is still a ways away' He jumped down and scanned the area, split between the quickest way which had no cover, or sticking to the alleys and delaying himself for too long.

With a bit of hesitation Laplace ran into the open road of New Londo, making a beeline towards an dilapidated building across from him.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:01 pm

From his vantage spot Eidolas saw the running man quickly. He through his ball of force at the man, but he dived inside and it exploded on the doorway instead. He leapt from through window, diving onto the 2 story building next to him, coming out of the dive running. A second jump and he was opposite the building his foe was in. With a running start and a boost of magic he launched himself over the road and into the third floor of his foes hideout. He redrew his katan. Now was the time to fight.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Laplace was thrown by the blast against the doorway, knocking him against the wall opposite from the blast. He staggered up, his mask bearing a new crack on it and his legs a little shakey, but outside of that he was fine. From the ceiling Laplace heard a dull impact, noting the difference from the blast just before. As well, the ghosts had begun shrieking, irate from the destruction of their home.

Laplace disliked tight quarters, it limited his effectiveness. But that did not mean he wasn't prepared. His flame awoke at his command, and he drew his shelled blade, running up the stairs of the building to the 2nd story.
    crunchynumber
    crunchynumber
    Casual
    Casual

Post by crunchynumber Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:"Now we can conclude our Business here, Izaliths silence has shown we cannot look to them to aid us, i will leave My blade to defend the spot"
    "Yes but we still have the ash lake entrance to worry about. If they get in through there it could be very bad for us. I might be able to get somehelp from the Grey Wolf Sif. We are wolves either way and I might be able to get him to help. Though there is no garuntee of his help since will be fighting knights."

"Is it true that The Great Grey Wolf Sif protects Sir Artorias' grave?" said Krom. "And is it also true that Sir Artorias sided with Kaathe to become the fifth king?"
    "If I am not mistaken, wouldn't Sif fight for Sir Artorias no matter the opponent?" He said.

Last edited by crunchynumber on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Eidolas cautiously moved down the stairs. He had his katana in his right hand and talisman in his left. He needed the range his magic gave him more than he needed the pain of his whip. He slipped from shadow to shadow, moving towards the stairs down to the second floor. He peeked around and saw nothing. He moved down and made his way through the second floor. The floor only had 2 room which were much bigger. He crossed to the dor between the 2 and waited.
    The door was blown open by a fireball and he shot a ball of force back before dodging the flame. He leapt to his feet and ran after his attack, coming acroos Laplace making the same charge. The 2 met just inside one of the rooms, Eidolas just having gotten through the door. He struck first, swinging his uchi down, just blocked by Laplace's fury sword. Laplace responded with a right hook, using the flat of the blade. Eidolas blocked with his forearm, his armour stop the heat from hurting. He twisetd his arm onto the top of it and forced the blade down, giving him time to throw a kick at Laplace's side. His foot connected doubling Laplace up and forcing him back. Laplace rolled with the hit, buying some space and blasting a surge of fire from his glove. Eidolas leapt back thrugh the door and shut it on the flame just before the blast reached him. He blasted a hole in the wall with his magic and leapt through, only to duck down as an arrow flew at him. He rolled to the wall and noticed the newly burnt hole thorugh the opposite one.
    "Time for the hunt again" he muttered leaping after his prey.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

crunchynumber wrote:
    Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:

"Is it true that The Great Grey Wolf Sif protects Sir Artorias' grave?" said Krom. "And is it also true that Sir Artorias sided with Kaathe to become the fifth king?"
    "If I am not mistaken, wouldn't Sif fight for Sir Artorias no matter the opponent?" He said.
    "That is only a rumor. There is no proof of such acusations"
    crunchynumber
    crunchynumber
    Casual
    Casual

Post by crunchynumber Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:
    crunchynumber wrote:
    Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:

"That is only a rumor. There is no proof of such acusations"

"Than let us hope that he will fight in the name of Nito."
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:25 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Eidolas cautiously moved down the stairs. He had his katana in his right hand and talisman in his left. He needed the range his magic gave him more than he needed the pain of his whip. He slipped from shadow to shadow, moving towards the stairs down to the second floor. He peeked around and saw nothing. He moved down and made his way through the second floor. The floor only had 2 room which were much bigger. He crossed to the dor between the 2 and waited.
    The door was blown open by a fireball and he shot a ball of force back before dodging the flame. He leapt to his feet and ran after his attack, coming acroos Laplace making the same charge. The 2 met just inside one of the rooms, Eidolas just having gotten through the door. He struck first, swinging his uchi down, just blocked by Laplace's fury sword. Laplace responded with a right hook, using the flat of the blade. Eidolas blocked with his forearm, his armour stop the heat from hurting. He twisetd his arm onto the top of it and forced the blade down, giving him time to throw a kick at Laplace's side. His foot connected doubling Laplace up and forcing him back. Laplace rolled with the hit, buying some space and blasting a surge of fire from his glove. Eidolas leapt back thrugh the door and shut it on the flame just before the blast reached him. He blasted a hole in the wall with his magic and leapt through, only to duck down as an arrow flew at him. He rolled to the wall and noticed the newly burnt hole thorugh the opposite one.
    "Time for the hunt again" he muttered leaping after his prey.

Laplace was delighted. The man that had caused so much noise in the burg was his prey. He grinned, taking off down the open road filled with pitfalls, obscured by the ankle deep water, not caring for the splashes he created as he expertly avoided each drop, leaping and careening over them. His bow was at the ready, arrow notched and he hoped his prey would be stupid enough to give chase. 'This route is still to easy. Lets fix that' he thought, invoking his flame and feeding it humanity, turning it a deep red. Laplace tossed the Chaos fireball into the water, creating a large amount of steam that obscured the road.

'Much better.' And with that, Laplace hid within a newer, but still damaged shop, taking aim from a broken window.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:18 pm

"Yes let use hope"
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 am

"Lethard looked bored when Avrik found him slumped against one of the open tombs.

"Well friend" he said "It seems you have adjusted to the dark well. Mayhaps now I can show you what I do."

With that Avrik yanked on an iron chain. Through the portal that led into the tomb came a sombre man, pale, bloodied, quivering in his armour. Slung across his back was a similarly dress warrior, though this one was most definately dead.

"Get the body over here" commanded Avrik, pointed to a space of cleared ground by his feet.

The wounded man went meekly to do Avrik's bidding which made Lethard uneasy. What had the Crow done to this man that he would submit to carrying a dead comrade into these Lordawful catacombs.

He glanced back at Avrik somewhat astounded that the skeletal being he had found at the Firelink Shrine now had flesh and looked almost human.

Avrik must have seen because he suddenly turned back to his work, a satisfied smile rested smugly on his face.

"What will you do?" Lethard this time, his question echoing back into the darkness.

"Why nothing" came the reply. "For one to practice this art they must wholly understand not just the living body but the spirit as well. "

Lethard nodded, somewhat confused as to why the Crow was telling him this. he wasa healer, he knew the body better than most, and yet this dead thing was lecturing him. Too far, he though to himself irritably, yet he could not suppress his curiousity, this was the art that had seemed forever beyond his reach.

"Well then" Avrik again." You must first understand death before you can bring the spirit back to the body. Even then the transference is never truely complete and much of the soul is lost. The same being true for us beings. Our regrets, obsessions, desire are retained while much else is lost. Thus to confer with the spirits you must also understand thier desires. Take this poor soul here" Avrik genstured to the dead man.

'All he wanted was to live. Yet when I took that desire away from him I could feel that spirit calling back to the body. All Gravesworn understand that desire which makes necromancy an affinity.... if you would call it that. In any case necromancy is simple. Channel the spirit back into the body, ensure if does not over power you, and fix the spirit in place with your will."

Avrik seemed to go still for a momment. Darkness drew in quickly then dissapated, as a flickering candle is wont to do, a soft groaning filled the air, but before Lethard could discern what is was calling it had faded back into silence.

Lethard looked at the corpse. It didnt move, didnt even twitch. Nothing happened.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:"Yes let use hope"

I fell a bit behind here, let me catch up.

Upon Krom's arrival Drake moved forward to greet him with, "thankyou for coming so quickly Krom I need a report on our numbers." Out of earshot of the others Drake and Krom spoke, briefly discussing the strengths of the Bone Hand. Armed with concrete numbers of available troops Drake sat and planned while the others spoke.

After a few minutes passed Drake again entered the discussion, "I believe I've developed a plan." He paused and looked to Krom, "as my newest lieutenant I have assigned a number of men to Krom's command, which gives us two robust units capable of independent operations. I propose we place Krom and his unit on the pass from Izalith, I will petition Avrik to embed some of his Ebon Hand with them." Drake paused and again glanced towards Spectre's empty seat, "If the Followers do not show they will be more then capable of delaying any advance and weakening the assaulting force." Drake looked towards Nsane, "the Gravesworn will trust the defense of the Ash Lake entrance to the POLG, you and your men have the most experience fighting dragons and I suspect the LifeHunters and their dragonoids will use that approach."

Drake looked to Krom, "this will be no last stand for your unit, do not allow yourselves to be wiped out. You are simply to delay any advance, fell as many attackers as you can and fall back to my position in the Birthing Room." Drake smiled a wide grin barely visible under his good, "we will make our final stand there alongside Lord Nito himself!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:36 pm