Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Magick Archer

Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Magick Archer Empty Magick Archer

Post by Pesth Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Is this build viable for PvE / PvP?

http://tinyurl.com/7hffxet

it looks to be a lot fun to play as a magick archer (Dragon's Dogma Reference), and i was playing to do a pure archer anyway, but i couldnt make a fun cool looking build to try
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Magick Archer Empty Re: Magick Archer

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 pm

The composite bow is a good choice for PvP and Bosses in PvE. That assumes you use the bow as the primary weapon though. Since it's in the second slot I might surmise that you would fight those battles with the sword. If that's the case I would change it to the Black Bow of Pharis and Feather arrows where you can do insane amounts of damage at obscene distances. In PvP it's great for VERY long range harassment (poison arrows are great too). The composite does more damage but only at close range and the speed advantage is only a big factor at medium distances (too close is very difficult with any bow and long range the composite bow drops off power quickly).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm

wouldnt a magic comp bow fit the whole magick thing better? i know why you made it chaos though.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:17 pm

the weapons slots dont say nothing, i'm going to use magic and bows for just about everything, the sword is for that very narrow places or close combats that doesnt allow my other weapons properly big grin

and i was going for the enchanted composite bow with moonliht arrows but the damage AR is lower

http://tinyurl.com/7kjnxn5
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:32 pm

If you wanna do the gimmick the Enchanted would work better. I wouldn't recommend elemental/magic bows though. The split damage can be underwhelming in most cases. Composite might be alright, closer to a heavy weapon hitting anyway (comparable to my +5 enchanted lucerne actually). If you're using moonlight arrows though definitely go with enchanted for the bow. Otherwise I think you'll be facing three defense types (physical, fire and magic) and that might cripple the bow use a good deal. Haven't tried it myself though and an arrow swap is easy. Make the bow you like then the arrows I suppose.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

that's what i'm saying, if i go fire/chaos path i'll use fire arrows but if i go the enchanted path i'll use moonlight arrows, i find a loooot easyer to get blue chunks and the slab and i love farming green titanides while cooping in the dephts, so i think i'll go the enchanted path...

any suggestions?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 pm

I can't add much more than bow expertise. I think at the least you're gonna have a blast doing this. Blue probably would be easiest on you farming wise.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:50 pm

but since moonlight arrows cost 500 souls and fire just 100 i think i'll stick with fire until i get to SL 120 with full upgraded equips

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm