Archer build?

Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Archer build?

Post by Dogwelder on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey everyone. I'm gearing up for another playthrough of DES and I was thinking about going for an archer build, focusing on using a bow with some basic magic and melee weaponry as back-ups.

So is an archer build a viable option for PVE in DES? If so, what should I be looking at in terms of class choice, levelling up, armour choice, weapons and upgrading, etc.? Any advice would be appreciated.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Archer build?

Post by Bcc17 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 pm

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:210

My favorite build I've ever used in DeS.

I changed it up a bit and used a White Bow +5 instead of the sticky compound bow, tossed some magic in, and didn't stay in glass cannon mode all the time.

DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 am

^ Remember that bows are always 'two-handed' so the 22 levels put in to STR in that build above is actually not required - only 14 is required. (Unless this anomaly was patched or something?)

I always thought it would be cool to make a character for the Lava Bow. It's not as powerful as a Sticky+5 scaled with high DEX but it still does serious damage and has a stun effect often allowing you to get two shots off in succession. And it has farily low stat requirements.

I'm sure using the rotten arrows would be interesting too. Never tried that!

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:32 am

Thanks for the advice, guys. Much appreciated. If anyone else has any thoughts on this, feel free to chime in.

DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Sorry it's only me again (!) but just wanted to share that over the weekend I was playing as a phantom and the host summoned another phantom who a was 'hyper mode' archer in Miralda's gear. I thought I was doing awesome damage with Monk's Head Collar, Kris Blade and Ring of Magical Sharpness but it was nothing compared to the damage he was doing.

He literally killed everything in 1-3 with one shot apart from Penetrator lol

Something to experiment with maybe!

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:38 pm

The thiefs ring will be very helpfull as it will allow you to snipe enimies without bieng immediatly noticed.

i know you said PVE but i have seen some people using bows to great potential in pvp using hyper mode in a build that focuses almost exclusivly on dex. in this case the highest damage bow to my knowledge is the sticky compound longbow. again in this case using the thiefs ring would be very good as it will allow you to not be seen. people will be able to see your hyper mode aura but they wont be able to see you draw your bow.

"We are not required to save the world. We are required to stand up as truly as we can for what we love."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:12 am