Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Darkson
Reaperfan
CrackSouls
Federally
lordgodofhell
Doelker
billy_bayonet
BIG TIME MASTER
Elevander
Spurgun
sinisterapathy
russiannightmare
DoughGuy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
dianaduh
bmurn
bunnywink
T-King-667
Azran
skarekrow13
JoeBroski09
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Serious_Much
Extertionist
cloudyeki
RandelOolacile
30 posters

Ethics and glitches!

Poll

When do/would you use glitches?

[ 1 ]
    Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 21 ]
    Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 18 ]
    Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [43%] 

Total Votes: 42
    Poll closed
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ethics and glitches! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ethics and glitches!

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:13 am

45 dex speeds up all pyro casts, and I've found the BS-buffer zone for Fire Tempest.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:22 am

Yeah, being preemptive with your approach could lead to something devastating for the invader like eki stated. Unfortunately being prepared for that is necessary and most of my builds don't have any spells, =P.

Dealing with glitches naturally is still so fulfilling. Watching the threads were folks were posting how to deal with the roar lock is awesome. Great ideas were coming from it and almost all the ideas were about dealing with it honorably...well mostly. Lol which poses another question, is it ok to be dishonorable to those that you know are going to glitch you?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 am

THAT is a good question. And to that I say this, like my toon would say.

"Give them... No quarter"
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:25 am

If they've glitched do everything to kill them. They deserve nothing more.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 am

I used to try not to BB glitch but after my ps3 crapped out on me and I learned the value of backing up your game saves the hard way I've decided to come over to the dark side and use that glitch. It's a fairly common glitch that is widely used and so long as you're not griefing in the burg, parish, or darkroot and maybe the depths and blighttown then by the time a player reaches anor londo then the lightning upgrade is available to everyone. As far as not for pvp? I don't understand why not as long as your not low level griefing then whats the problem? I do understand the other side of the argument bc I personally enjoy the dragon fight in the depths and I had it ruined by a glitcher that took down the boss with only a few swings of his sword.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 am

russiannightmare wrote:I do understand the other side of the argument bc I personally enjoy the dragon fight in the depths and I had it ruined by a glitcher that took down the boss with only a few swings of his sword.

I've been guilty of this and received a message or two about it, surprisingly enough on both sides. One guy was so angry when I rocked 4 kings with minimal effort, but yet another dude was ecstatic that I steamrolled O&S. =P

On the honor bit, I think I agree with the eye for an eye approach. Some were mentioning charging dragon builds without the bow and such and although it seems messed up, I doubt they're taking you're feelings into consideration when they start the lock. Ten minutes strait locked down seems completely excessive. Its almost like you're trying ruin someone experience, not trying to win the bout. That's upsetting...=/
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 am

my build isnt prepared for any speeded up pyro :c
    but yea its amazing to come with a good tatic and beat them, specially because of the sense of reward

about fighting fair with a dishonest player, well...there wasnt honor there for a start
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 am

dianaduh wrote:my build isnt prepared for any speeded up pyro :c
    but yea its amazing to come with a good tatic and beat them, specially because of the sense of reward

about fighting fair with a dishonest player, well...there wasnt honor there for a start

Aye, honor isn't found where I tend to hunt.

If you need any pyro help just ask. The buffer zone is at the very edge of the DSS' range. At that spot they have to decide whether to go for the bs (which means making a mad dash for my back, which may have a tree in the way) or escaping (if they don't roll back there's a chance they'll get hit from behind by a pillar) It isn't perfect, but that's the prime zone to start it when your enemy isn't hampered at all.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:00 am

I almost always use the BB since ive heard of it...i made so many new chars and went and found all that crap so many times i do not feel bad about using it at all...i also dont go human till im 120 so it doesnt hurt pvp in any way.(the way i and most people here use it anyway)

I also dupe my humanity since i found out about it last week. I would spend hours farming it just to use it up in one if im winning in FC. So its purely to heal in between fights. This glitch however is a bigger problem...thats why you run into people popping diving blessing every 5 secs...you can still kill them cause if they are doing that they suck but its really hard...At the same time though..farming humanity is so freaking tedious i hate it so much. I hope they fix this one and let me buy humanity...that would be cool.

Also they could make it so once you get to NG+ you could reallocate your soul levels so you dont have to screw around for hours just to try out a new build. Unless the do that i would probably play alot less if/when they fix the BB.

You can say it takes the fun out of it all you want but to me the other way is boring. Ive beat this game more times than i remember...its all about pvp for me now. I may glitch but when you fight me you are going to get a fair fight. I dont even BS randoms unless you try to heal...then you get a punish BS for standing still and healing. silly
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:09 am

skarekrow13 wrote:First the mommy box and the daddy box meet in college. They have a few dates, end up doing a few things after some drinks that they'll regret once they get on YouTube later and Voila, that's how you BB Glitch.

EDIT: On topic.....I absolutely didn't use any glitch for my anti-griefer build. Nope. Not me.

It’s easy to make an anti greifer build without the glitch. +4 chaos weapon in the burg ftw. But i only did to prove that i can do it, otherwise i always glitch to save time.

@eki. Did you know that if you cast tempest while you are on the stairs (from where you enter the forest) it will not appear on the stairs. Instead it will make a huge zone in front of the stairs. I once tried it, i KO the host and one phantom at the same time. Since you like your pyro i thought you could try this.

OT: I always BB glitch when i make a new toon. It saves a lot of time.
    Elevander
    Elevander

Post by Elevander Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 am

I tend to use glitches/cheats/exploits and walkthroughs after I have finished a game, and come back to it down the road. At that point I'm just playing for nostalgia/minor details I might have missed, but didn't warrent a full playthrough just for that. Using that stuff on the first essential run(s) kinda kills the whole purpose of gaming.

And ofc., never use that online, that's unsportsmanlike/unfair behaviour. Some people are just damn good (read: godlike skills compared to oneself), but that is just part of the online experience, not a reason to buff yourself via ill gotten ways.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:22 am

The entire reason I love DKS is because of how you have to work and persevere to get the things you need, and then sometimes you still fail.
    If I only cared about collecting this and that item for hoardings sake, I would just play some lame-o game with "unlockables".

If i was using glitches I would be forced to ask myself, am I really enjoying this game or just unlocking content?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 pm

After having multiple playthroughs, for months since it was realsed constnatly making new toons and building them up from scratch, i then got bored of PVE so i swapped to PVP, now a PVE toon and a PVP toon are completely different, i will BB gear and souls over to new build so i can make it instantly, my builds are always SL120 for dueling or SL55 for my darkstalkery things, my Gear constists of every weapon in the game at BASE! value, meaning if i want to upgrade i have to get the Embers, as for people who say it ruins the elements of dark souls, if you are done with the PVE side of it and just wanna PVP then i say use the BB,

But anyone who uses dragon glitches to score a quick easy kill can go die in a hole happy
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 pm

I hate glitching. To me it's like some sort of player's honor thing. It is not that I don't like easy stuff, I think we all do at some point, but where is the reward on that?
    I've never used the bb glitch or any othet glitches at all. I don't even know neither want to know how to do it.
    I like to see how my builds are evolving, and how actually I am evolving as well as a dark soul's player. Nowadays, I can get powerful weapons at a low level as I am advancing through the game.
    I like to learn new tacticts on how to kill the enemies depending on what type of build I want to try next.
    I have to learnt how to deal with the stray demon to get my slab as soon as posible, killing Ingward is now of my To Do list so I can drain the water in New Londo and farm the darkwraiths to get chunks.
    I think I wouldn't manage to learn all that by just bb glitching my characters.

I'm ok with the people that bb glitch, It doesn't affect me, only when I am starting a new toon and get invaded by griefers, but is my choice to play as human.
    Regarding the many dragonhead/body glitches, well that is just plain cheating and disgusting. I can't stand mediocre players who think they are good and skillful while they are glitching or using gamebraking exploits, not only in dark souls but in all games.
    It's a real shame.

Thanks for reading.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Its true! Every great game/series will have people that for no reason other that "watching the world burn" will use anything at their disposal to ruin the experience for some. Thank the spirits this community accepts the challenge of facing them head on! If we didn't like challenges then we wouldn't be fans of such a difficult endeavor!
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:39 pm

I beat the game and ng+ totally offline with no glitches my first time.....

..now 20+ playthroughs later of course I use BB glitch. When PVE was a challenge I would never glitch anything. However, as all I play for now is pvp building and slight co op I use it to prevent the TIMESINK from occurring all over again...again.

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 am

Without the BB glitch and my mule DkS probably would have lost my interest TBH. I love the game but the single player experience isn't what's holding me here and pretty nuch everything i'm doing on the game right now required me glitching my mule to start them out. Right now I can log on DkS and create a brand new 120 build with any weapon I want fully upgraded and all bosses alive in under an hour. This lets me experiment with builds and weapon combos without playing through everything and farming materials and all that, and have a character ready for every different forum event no matter what SL iin a short amount of time. This has freed me to do what I want in Dark Souls instead of what I have to do in order to do what I want. I love this glitch and I hope it was put in on purpose because it's such a wonderful thing and keeps me playing.

So this glitch I have no problem with, however in a competition using a glitch to win is cheap. I mean i have 99 Divine Blessings on every character I make from my mule, but I don't use them in any sort of pvp as that would just be cheap. So to answer the question in the OP I would say, glitching to save yourself some trouble isn't always a bad thing and depending on the situation I may or may not be willing to do it, however glitching to beat someone in a multiplayer game is for *******.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:56 am

I have never purposefully glitched any online game, ever.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:21 am

I use glitches only when it enhances my experience. If I'm doing a cosplay run, I BB glitch the armor/weapon I need without having to spend half my playthrough finding the gear. Is my build going to need more than 2 slabs? I BB glitch what I need over to save farming times. Basically I glitch to save myself the tediom of farming. Glitching any more than that, such as glitching over fully upgraded gear onto the cosplay toons, disturbs the experience and becomes something I don't like doing since it ruins the purpose of the glitching by creating more tediom by making things too easy. All things in moderation. Don't do it at all and making a new build becomes a tedious process of grinding through gear and levels you've already done a hundred times before. Do too much and it also becomes a tedious process where you're just auto-piloting your way to completion with no real interaction.

And I never use any kind of glitching in PvP. Period.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 am

CrackSouls wrote:I have never purposefully glitched any online game, ever.

Same, and it starts with the fact that I don't even know how to. :roll:

(and this is not a request for anyone to explain it here for christ's sake, it's simply a statement)
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:37 am

use the pendant
    Oniramkenobi
    Oniramkenobi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Oniramkenobi Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:49 pm

I use glitches to make Builds since i am lazy and dont want to waste my time with Farming .

But i wont use them seriously against other Palyers (namely the Daragon Head) but i do use them for fun (Puking PrismStonesis just priceless) .
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:32 pm

without a mule and the bb creating and testing builds for pvp would suck i'd spend 1000s of hours grinding to make a build find out its actually crap at pvp and quit playing probably
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:39 pm

BB glitch to make PvP characters, because going through 60% of the game and farming for hours to get all the stuff you want every time you think of a new build you want to do try is just plain annoying. Though I was pretty late in finding out about the bb glitch, so I feel it's justified after having done the above many, many, many times lol, and I already had Knights Honour. I'm talking about actual PvP though, not trolling the burg.

I also like to help out people who are doing a pure thief class, because thieves have a special place in my heart silly If I coop with someone at Sens or later and I see that they are still using their beloved Bandit's knife, I usually end up dropping it's Chaos counterpart. Well, it is still a bandits knife after all; not that gamebreaking :oops:
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:57 pm

depends on what you use it for, i personally can admit to using the BB glitch and the dragon head one. but i have never used it in an offensive way EG the dung pie gun lol. i use them to make a toon i otherwise wouldn't have made and in reality if i couldn't do this i would have put up the game ages ago. people say how soul glitching ruins the game but more pvp sounds good to me al long as they don't glitch while fighting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm