Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 8 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by RaynexFall Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:22 am

i finally have a random fact for you people,

did you know that if you are in anor londo, and you roll onto the spinning contraption(elevator, i like spinning contraption better though) as it goes up, you also spin with it. the one in front of the bonfire.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 8 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 am

I don't think I said this one yet.

In certain areas you can reach points where you were never supposed to be able to stand. When standing in these spots if you equip the sunlight maggot, often the items/walls nearby won't light up. It's because the walls you are next to more than likely are not programmed to receive dynamic lighting.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:28 pm

I was messing around in the Depths tonight, and let the 2nd butcher (the one in hiding) chase me down to the bonfire room below. I sat down at the bonfire just before she entered the room, and she came in and hit me while resting. When I got up she was still in the room, but idle. The only way to aggro her again was to attack or go back to the 'trigger zone' in front of the barrel room. I couldn't sit back down at the bonfire while she was in the room, but I was able to repeat the glitch after aggroing her.

The useless fact is that she doesen't have an aggro zone based on line of sight, like most of the other enemies have. At least not until she starts chasing you.
    Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 8 Nwzcm0
    ❤ ❤
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:32 pm

That's cool. Now i know how to mess with undead rapport next. I bet the invader won't see that coming when he opens the door...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Damnit, now they know how i take my photos Ublug! My secret is out. sad
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Tolvo wrote:Damnit, now they know how i take my photos Ublug! My secret is out. sad
    Sorry :silent:

I thought that only NPCs and Black Knights didn't revert to their default locations when resting.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:48 pm

It all depends on the enemy, each one is different. But even for the ones who aren't based on area, you can glitch them. It causes their aggro range to be set at wherever you are standing, so if you leave it you don't aggro them. Do this when pressed against them and take a foot back, now you have to rub up against them to aggro them. It's great for photo taking, but very random and hard to do.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:26 pm

In the Demon Ruins by the first Bonfire past Ceaseless, there is a still Centipede by an item on a corpse. I always wondered what was up with this...Until I noticed. In the Cutscene when the centipede comes down, he is right at that spot, hanging on by that centipede. Meaning, you get a glimpse of him before ever entering that room. I never noticed this before.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Tolvo, wouldn't it be easier to take pics as a red phantom? silly You don't aggro mobs as an invader.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Because this is Dark Souls, everything must be ridiculously done while wearing tights!

But yeah, I do that for Gravelord enemies, because it doesn't work on them. When I do invade a world, I try for photos. But I wish I could just get people to summon me so I could take pics instead, summon me as a red.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 pm

I just killed Havel through the door in the Basin, with the R2 of a Gargoyle Tail Axe, I could even pick up his ring without opening the door.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Shenagins, ublug! That fact is the oppposite of useless!

cheers
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:20 am

You can break the bottom of the pews in the chapel in with the Gargoyles. The seat will break, but the backrest will stay put in midair.

Probably already known.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:09 pm

fearandwhiskey wrote:Shenagins, ublug! That fact is the oppposite of useless!

cheers
    Well, it's still a gamble, since you are dependent on him dying close enough to the door to be able to pick it up (I guess). If you can't pick it up it will vanish when you warp, die or leave the area afaik. I also had the key to open the door on me, but left it closed happy
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:58 pm

The fireplaces in Anor londo look awesome if you fill them with prism stones.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:00 pm

The elevator platforms at the undead church, are made out of symbols that are in anor londo, these are on pillars there. They are the same size, just chopped up into a pattern on the floor.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Oh that reminds me, if you start from the Parish elevators and, with all the mobs alive, sprint (actually running) through the parish and outside down the long pathway towards the blacksmith, the crossbow hollow to your left almost always is able to make some sort of ridiculous shot that hits you on the run through all the pillars despite the angle and ultra long range. It often doesn't hit you until you're near the doorway to Andre. Yet if you turn around to try to see how he does it, he almost never does. I suspect a second crossbowman on the grassy ledge.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Lol. Great facts all. Thanks for helping police the joint whiskey!
    Silver Knight

Post by Silver Knight Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 am

Havent tested this yet but that little bridge on the way to the gates of sens after placing the lord vessel(I think?) you can hear what sounds like something big walking/chopping trees when you cross the bridge, I didnt notice it before placing the lord vessel. Havent tested since I got got my PS3 stolen but after buying it again(only two weeks before I had to give in) Im working my way back. If I remember it kind of seemed a little darker too, only noticed because I perfered walking rather than warping.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 am

It seems as though, although it could be graphical, Priscilla has light pink nail polish on her toes and fingers.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:08 am

Wearing the DWGR, face towards the camera and do a backflip (just tap O button on PS3) away from the camera. As you land the backflip, push forward on your controller and do a regular ninja roll in the same direction you were backflipping. Your character will do a 180 into the second roll without actually appearing to turn around.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

I believe this is the case, but I did not investigate further. The outdoor walkways in sens do not cast shadows. I noticed this when running from the Iron Golem door to the bonfire. When you make the last turn onto the final wider ledge you can see your full shadow on the ground below, but no shadow from the actual physical structure of the ledge.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Not as useless, and maybe many of you have done this. You can shoot an arrow into a mimic chest to aggro it. I did this after a swing and a miss and a short memory of the mimic chest locations got me eaten.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Everyone else on earth probably knew this already, but apparently the washing pole is a reference to a nodachi used by famed Japanese swordsman Sasaki Kojiro, who referred to his sword as a clothes or laundry pole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasaki_Kojir%C5%8D

Wiki random page FTW!
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 pm

bmurn wrote:Not as useless, and maybe many of you have done this. You can shoot an arrow into a mimic chest to aggro it. I did this after a swing and a miss and a short memory of the mimic chest locations got me eaten.

Off topic (not useless, but still fun)--you can throw a Lloyd's Talisman at the mimic chest to loot it. You can do this more than once to try to farm for the mimic head.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 pm