Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
Scurrilous Straggler
Encore
ExplodingPenguin
SadPanda
UmbasaOtter
Derpwraith
Latitoast
User1
Dibsville
EarthScraper
BeeSeaEss
NPCWhiteMage
Noob-of-Artorias
SpecialNewb
vatar5
Myztyrio
Emergence
Animaaal
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Hue
lalliman
Djem
sciicers
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
dormancy
XachAttack
Juutas
XKnightArtoriasX
EeAyEss
Icegodzilla
Rynoa
Artoriasflagg
Rarayn
Sergeant Soy
PaPaSmVrf
Rudmed
SEANB240
The_Flail
bmurn
Silver Knight
FinPeku
User
Viral Enki
RNsunbro
Keyz Kage
sean1230
ICEFANG
barrywilkins
swordiris
mr.lucaslion1000
dianaduh
RaynexFall
Darkson
ublug
roanispe
Scirvir
fearandwhiskey
callipygias
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
Tolvo
befowler
Anchises
Quarik
Shabbalaba
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shkar
DoughGuy
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Lancelot
skarekrow13
79 posters

Completely useless facts I find interesting

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 7 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 am

https://2img.net/h/i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%20Lore/DukeBook2-1.jpg

If there is a book named, "History of Lordran." Is it taking the name from every book that says, "History of _____." Or is it just a book about the history of Lordran?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Completely useless facts I find interesting - Page 7 Empty Re: Completely useless facts I find interesting

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:27 am

Tolvo wrote:https://2img.net/h/i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%20Lore/DukeBook2-1.jpg

If there is a book named, "History of Lordran." Is it taking the name from every book that says, "History of _____." Or is it just a book about the history of Lordran?

No, it would be like taking "Battlestar Galactica" and expecting people to not realize it by changing the name to "Sattlestar Galactica".

And in the link you posted it still looks too blurry to me to tell definitely, but then again I haven't seen it in game.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 am

Yes, but this is much more specific plus it includes the author's name (Playfair).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:30 am

It is a playfate about family antiquity, the family being whatever the word is. It isn't anything even remotely like you said. In fact I'm looking up playfates and finding nothing.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:35 am

Even remotely like I said? The letters on "Playfa _ _ " aren't that clear.

So I will admit that I was too quick to assume it said "Playfair"

Last edited by RNsunbro on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 am

It's the name of the Author, William Playfair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Playfair

If you look in the works section, you can see this:

1811. British Family Antiquity: Index to the 9 Volumes of William Playfair's Family Antiquity of the British Nobility

PLAYFAIR'S

British Family

ANTIQUITY

VOL
    IX
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 am

How are you seeing Playfair? It clearly looks like Playfate, which would make sense in a society in which there are annals of time. Plays that deal with the fates of man, gods, etc. As well, I still don't see what the relevance is of Williams novel. If yet their family involves a man named Gwyn, with a daughter named Gwynevere, that he was a king and they had a friend named Sen. Alright, then I'll look into it. But right now, I just don't see anything there worth investigating.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 am

No one said you have to investigate, Shkar was making an observation that it looked like a certain novel. That's all.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:41 am

Arguing is a great way to motivate people into searching harder than before, to prove their opponent incorrect.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:43 am

I will certainly admit that the "I" in "Playfair" on the book DOES look like a T more then an I, but the rest of it is too close for it to be a simple coincidence in my opinion. Is it the single key we have been looking for to decode the game's lore all this time? No, that is insanely unlikely. However, I think that it is a simple easter egg if nothing else.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:43 am

Yes, I can see that you like to argue.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:44 am

Some great breakthroughs have come through arguments.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:44 am

Shkar wrote:I will certainly admit that the "I" in "Playfair" on the book DOES look like a T more then an I, but the rest of it is too close for it to be a simple coincidence in my opinion. Is it the single key we have been looking for to decode the game's lore all this time? No, that is insanely unlikely. However, I think that it is a simple easter egg if nothing else.

Agreed.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:46 am

Especially since there's a thread already on the book and my picture shows that is playfail's. Also in the word after, it is seven characters like "british" but there are two identical characters in a row, unlike "british"
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:51 am

So I usually don't get to play with the sound up but tonight risked it a bit. This is probably commonly known but news to me and I find it intriguing as hell despite it being useless. Rhea's "silent"friend is actually singing under his breath. I can't make out the words but that's quite a little ditty he does. I didn't hear it until I kept pestering him (thoughtit might lead to a big discovery) and after bugging him a bunch I noticed it.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Especially since there's a thread already on the book and my picture shows that is playfail's. Also in the word after, it is seven characters like "british" but there are two identical characters in a row, unlike "british"

Could you toss me a link? The two pictures posted in this thread are too blurry for me to make it out enough for me to be certain, and it sounds like you have a clearer one.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Especially since there's a thread already on the book and my picture shows that is playfail's. Also in the word after, it is seven characters like "british" but there are two identical characters in a row, unlike "british"

I honestly didn't know there was a thread already. I just remembered someone saying something about a legible book in the archives so I decided to include a picture of said book. I'll have to check out that thread sometime.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 am

It's in general. Would link but it's tough on my phone. Title is "the only readable book"

Also, I didn't mean to squash any discussion but figured kingkush (who started the other thread) would want to be in on it. The fact that there is a similar title is pretty awesome....
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 am

A BKGA has 666 AR with 99 DEX and 99 STR at +5
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:23 am

That fact is evil. Excellent and oh yeah, was just ribbing you about your earlier fact but the change was also a good one. Your original woulda been good for non Hunters who might not have known that as it's pretty damn cool.

Also it's not that tough here's the link to the book thread
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 pm

The two gargoyles found in Anor Londo disappear after the world goes dark, with the winged demons and sentinels
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Not really useless if you are playing offline, don't care about being in the darkmoon covenant, and would rather not deal with those enemies. There are also two added NPC's by the O&S room to replace them, although not much of a threat.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 am

Using a skull lantern at the stone dragon area make the sand aroun dth edges abnormally bright.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:04 pm

If you hit the pots on firelink alter at the right angle it sounds like a lightsaber.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:56 am

If you reload your game in front of Anastacia you can see her item drop/soul in front of the bars. It disappears quickly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 am