Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 26 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:08 pm

N_Raist wrote:I am fighting two gankers in heavy armor+family mask+DWGR+divine blessings. They must be SL300ish and I am 168. Hell, I am really pissed off and without a clue of what should I do.

Edit: oh, better. Now, there is a similar gank, but with a blue by their side (he taunts me and is with them). I love this.

So we have another hunter traitor ( or maybe it could be a DM). Well I'm on vaca right now but when I get back I will hitting the forest hard with my hunter. Keep the faith bro and keep taking it to 'em.

For the glory of Alvina!!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    N_Raist wrote:I am fighting two gankers in heavy armor+family mask+DWGR+divine blessings. They must be SL300ish and I am 168. Hell, I am really pissed off and without a clue of what should I do.

Edit: oh, better. Now, there is a similar gank, but with a blue by their side (he taunts me and is with them). I love this.

So we have another hunter traitor ( or maybe it could be a DM). Well I'm on vaca right now but when I get back I will hitting the forest hard with my hunter. Keep the faith bro and keep taking it to 'em.

For the glory of Alvina!!

Enjoy your vacation Broke , have fun !

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 26 55398243
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Have fun on the vacation man. Hopefully doing something awexome
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 pm

ive got a story to share about the best red phantom ever I was in a fight with 3 gankers and my usual strategy is to funnel them on the Alvina bridge now they sat there for a while knowing what im doing and surprisingly non of them have any spells so they just stared at me for awhile then and invader comes they all run over to the spawn point and I BS one of them and as they roll forward the red kills them with a running strike then I proceed to the next ganker of which I quickly stunlock he rolls backwards and the red catches him with a BS and with only the host left we quickly remove him. that some of the best synchronized fighting ive seen
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Well recharging the batteries down in the Florida Keys - getting too much sun and eating too dang much lol! Going through some serious DkS withdrawals right now - itching to get back on the battlefield.

@nsane - I probably know the red you invaded with especially if he fought with a katana. He is a beast - I have fought by his side against the gank and did some practice duels against him. He is a quality ally of Alvina.

nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:20 pm

he did have a katana so it could be the same person happy
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:26 pm

I had a funny one last night on my forest host...I was already fighting a red and a blue when to my dismay another blue invades....but by the grace of Alvina he actually runs up and finishes the red for me... He waited till I finished the ganking blue and I noticed the awesome new blue saviour was using a lifehunt...I usually use a chaos blade and lifehunt so I switched to LH...we had and uninterrupted epic LH batte that ended with both of us doing 1 handed jump attacks that killed each other in mid air...both bodies landed facing each other standing then fell opposite each other idenitcally...I so wish I had been recording it!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:45 pm

nsane32 wrote:he did have a katana so it could be the same person happy

Yeah most likely the same cat. Here are a couple of old vids - one of which shows him saving my butt from the gank - he is no joke (I still have not been able to beat him in 1v1 sad )

https://youtu.be/FcHpuU9viN0 - saving old Broke from certain death
    https://youtu.be/sEcBBd3Vegk

Good times people, good times.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Once I got going with my 125, I started to have some fun. I got a host stuck in the trees. Even with Stone Armor, he was getting creamed!

My favorite fight last night was this. I spawn at Alvina, and slowly walk out, making sure someone wasn't around the corner to BS me. I see a blue spawning off to the left at the same time. I walk out to where the bandit should be, and all of the sudden, I'm caught in TWoP - he must have cast it as I was spawning (didn't hear it).

Naturally, I back up to the wall to prevent being BS. The other blue is rushing in. The host spams R1 and I parry him. As soon as the blue sees me parry, he spams the joy emote over and over, during the whole riposte. It was awesome having someone cheer me on (and I had a HR, so the host had a long time to realize what he did wrong).
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:13 pm

So I take it you put together a 125 build that your happy with Reim?

That's awesome that hunter was cheering...its funny you meantion that story...its a great technique for yourself to survive against a good gank squad...every good group of gankers I have encounters had the 'tone greatsword guy' in full giants!

Putting your back against a tree or the wall with your parry skillz and the hornets will equal some dead gankers!!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 pm

And, a couple days ago, after the ganker with the Child's Mask did the Well What is it taunt I started laughing. Now, everyone that does that taunt makes me think of a child doing it. Kinda funny, IMO.
    N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Post by N_Raist Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 am

I would need some advice with my FH. Here is my current build. Instead of the GSoA, I go with the Great Lord one (has better damage, and as is slightly faster, so the stun is better). TWoP is crap (I find it useful only when I spawn, to build some time while I run to the bridge) and Force do not affect the enemies (due to high poise, maybe?).

So, what should I be doing with my toon? I plan on getting 44 INT (Crystal soul spear and Homing crystal soulmass) and going with the GSoA (never used before, so it may be funny). Some miracles (do not know, but WotG could be useful if enemies get affected by it D:) and not much more.

What do you guys think?

Edit: armor is mainly for the looks, so I am not changing it. Had to replace the gauntlets to get 53 poise ;(.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Tearing **** up in the forest http://tinyurl.com/cv5b8s2 I beat a 1v3 when I hit RTSr status I sprinted to the bridge and cast CFW - I died but I killed all 3 aswell!
    N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Post by N_Raist Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Love your build, Amos. I find the paladin chest and gauntlets+giant leggings more stylish, however. You get to 53 poise, so it is up to you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 pm

I've ditched my SLB Mura. Too many people were turtling me. Plus, it encouraged me to rush in before my buff ran out. Bad idea. Now, I'm back at an elemental 125 - Vit and End gouge (77 poise FTW).
    footsied

Post by footsied Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Hopefully this is a new trick for everyone. On the PS3 at least you can know someone is going to invade before they actually invade. The warning time involved is significant (enough to see what language they use and send a quick message).

By having the Players Met option on the PS3 open any new player (note, friends will not appear) will appear on the list. I have used this to my advantage against campers who don't go to where the trees are (you can still see the game in the background and the trees are good at reacting to an opponent approaching). The warning has given me sufficient time to move from where the trees are to where the campers are at the base of the stairs before the invader appears. This nullifies their camping advantage and as I know help is imminent can be very aggressive myself.

So far every time I have used it has lead to a victory, but have only used it against stubborn campers. I will try this with the ROF to see if I can expand its use and if it makes the ROF more effective.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:06 pm

I've found that around 3 am EST one starts seeing a lot of Japanese players, (at least on PSN), and a lot of them are solo hosts looking to duel, which makes a nice break from the gank. Of course, I've also met some of the most vicious gank I've ever faced from japanese players, but you do see a lot of solo hosts if you want a break from getting ganked to try your skills against some very decent japanese players.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Lol I'm a half azz decent canadian player on at that exact time hosting solo looking for duels on sl 80 and 225 as that is 1 AM for me!

So if you guys ever invade Glatts17 dats me...make sure you wait your turn tho muahahahaha :suspect: silly
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:20 pm

I was in the forest this morning and I fought no gankers it was a nice change I had about 15 duels before I decided to stop for breakfast big grin
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Glatts17? Sounds kind of familiar, I might have fought you before.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Its good to hear more hosts are giving invaders a chance for some duels - hopefully this trend will continue.

If you ever invade old Broke hosting in the forest - rest assured a good duel is all I'm looking for even if I have a minion with me. Lately I haven't been summoning phantoms because it often turns out to be more trouble than its worth since a lot of white/yellows don't know how to fight straight-up or just interfere with my duels.

Still evolving folks, still evolving.

N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Post by N_Raist Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Hey, I have just invaded a dragon glitcher who does infinite roar. It stuns you (you can not scape), which his phantom uses to kill you. I have recorded it all (with the "invaded the world of XXXX", so I can prove who is the glitcher). Can I do something to get him punished or something? I guess no, but...

Edit: hahah, defeated him (them). TWoP (first time I use it with sexy results), chainbs the phantom (sorry, but I had to) and then rollbs the dragonoid while he was triggering the roar.

I invaded these guys again and, with the help of another FH, we crushed them big grin.

Last edited by N_Raist on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Glatts17? Sounds kind of familiar, I might have fought you before.

Yes Glatts17 lol I think our paths may have crossed yours seems familiar also...you were prob one of few that waited your turn that's why it seems familiar!!

You would remember my 225 he is a destoryer lol I mix it up a lot as far as armor or weapons goes he can use any weapon but lately I have been rockn full havels(with no shield tho just dark hand lol) and buffing CMW on my BSS...1V1 its not even fair really...its funny how many people go toe to toe with me using a greatsword and think its a good idea silly

My 80 always wears kirks/havel/crown of dusk and uses chaos blade and lifehunt!

Or maybe I was that half naked darkwraith with a buffed great club that came flying in and saved ya from a gank squad twisted
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 pm

I used to use that trick in DeS when I was hosting in 4-1. I could see who was invading. If they were a known troll/ganker, I would post a message in the chat room to jump this invader.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:37 pm

That's pretty slick. Good addition

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:10 am