Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Disaster84
Scudman_Slayer
LOLRagezzz
Rin
justwant2play
Yarxov
Maneater_Mildred
Blazefury
Rellim
theAnimus
ChizFreak
meridam99
strangejoy
The_Tao
Glutebrah
Akatik
Flubious
Serious_Much
ErrJon6661
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
Fusion
Specter737
JY4answer
28 posters

List of weapons that you wish existed.

JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

List of weapons that you wish existed. Empty List of weapons that you wish existed.

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:34 am

I want a boss rapier. Something that scales A with anything and does more damage than my Estoc +14. A soul of Havel for irony maybe?

And I want more weapons that scale with chaos. The fact that chaos weapons only scale with humanity is List of weapons that you wish existed. 3358384175
    Specter737
    Specter737
    Addicted
    Addicted

List of weapons that you wish existed. Empty Re: List of weapons that you wish existed.

Post by Specter737 Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:55 am

I wish there were weapons found in demon souls, in dark souls.
    Large sword of Searching, Dragon bone smasher, Morion blade, Scraping spear, Istarelle... There a lots.

It would also be nice if there were multiple "versions" of some weapons. Not every claymore looks the same, same goes for zweihander, bastard sword... you get the idea.

Slightly off topic, I wish there were more upgrade paths you could take. Poison, toxic, curse, heck even ice would be decent.
    Fusion
    Casual
    Casual

List of weapons that you wish existed. Empty Re: List of weapons that you wish existed.

Post by Fusion Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:27 am

More axes of the great and regular variety. More daggers. More movesets.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:36 am

Specter737 wrote:I wish there were weapons found in demon souls, in dark souls.
    Large sword of Searching, Dragon bone smasher, Morion blade, Scraping spear, Istarelle... There a lots.

It would also be nice if there were multiple "versions" of some weapons. Not every claymore looks the same, same goes for zweihander, bastard sword... you get the idea.

Slightly off topic, I wish there were more upgrade paths you could take. Poison, toxic, curse, heck even ice would be decent.

istarrele was one of my fave weapons in demon's souls and the best looking one for me at least, so badass looking.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 am

Yeah more upgrade paths would be awesome. I smell hard work balancing everything, but it would be so sweet.

Is it just me or does the stuff in DS (weapons, armor, characters) feel more like a JRPG and in DkS an MMORPG?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 am

JY4answer wrote:Yeah more upgrade paths would be awesome. I smell hard work balancing everything, but it would be so sweet.

Is it just me or does the stuff in DS (weapons, armor, characters) feel more like a JRPG and in DkS an MMORPG?

? i think both of them are western rpg's, not only do they make the best turn based rpg's(not in the last 5 years though, they've been sucking but hopefully nino kuni will change that) but now with the souls series theyre making the best western rpg's. the only thing skyrim does better is magic and its bigger which sometimes doesnt mean better.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:04 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    JY4answer wrote:Yeah more upgrade paths would be awesome. I smell hard work balancing everything, but it would be so sweet.

? i think both of them are western rpg's, not only do they make the best turn based rpg's(not in the last 5 years though, they've been sucking but hopefully nino kuni will change that) but now with the souls series theyre making the best western rpg's. the only thing skyrim does better is magic and its bigger which sometimes doesnt mean better.

I meant the characters, bosses, armors, weapons, etc. I dunno. Could be just me.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:07 am

need adjudicator shield not it's pissant cousin sanctus. Also make gwyn's sword woth it, i.e better scaling or make it be the only enchantable boss weapon.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:10 am

I'd love to see more upgrade tree's like someone said already. Demons Souls had so many, and each was useful. In Dark Souls however there are fewer and it seems only two are really used... Lightning and normal.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:14 am

yeah the fatal upgrade path was for critical users... oh boy that could get messy. Also i'd like a blunt damage spear/polearm weapon that scaled with b str
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:15 am

With that said, I'd love me some flails twisted
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:17 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:With that said, I'd love me some flails twisted

Too much trouble to code? We don't want them flinging around like the rag doll corpses now do we?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:23 am

They'd have to work somewhat like whips. Having set moves and possibly some different animations while running to make them physically convincing. But they wouldn't need to be free floating like the corpses.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:43 am

Not a different weapon, but the upgrade paths should get another look over.

I've been playing demons and the idea of separate ores for different paths and types of weapon i think is much better than the catch all titanites (i mean they were so lazy, they only made green for the elemental/magical weapons..)

probably just my opinion, but returning the the separate upgrade paths but simplifying it slightly would probably be a good idea.

For weapons i wish for bo staffs, stabbing style short swords (like legionnaires), and some fist weapons worth a damn.
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Flubious Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 am

I would like more unique upgrade paths and better boss weapons like in Demon's Souls (basically what everyone else says). However, the farming in that game was wayyyyy worse. Seriously, I still don't have my pure dark moon stone.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 am

Flubious wrote: Seriously, I still don't have my pure dark moon stone.

Don't even know what that means XD

I love being a Demon's noob, souls games are so much more fun when you have no idea what you're doing silly
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 am

More Axes.

I want a Lochaber Axe.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:16 am

An EXTRA LONG washing pole.
    The_Tao
    The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 am

For the love of god, give me a dagger worth using!

Yes, Priscilla's dagger is nice, but give me a baby's nail again.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:53 am

Glutebrah wrote:An EXTRA LONG washing pole.

Sephiroth really ruined people's concept of a normal looking katana. lol . If it's going to be extra extra extra long (wash pole is already extra extra long), then it should have durability of 10 to account for the fact that one swing of such a weapon should shatter it.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:An EXTRA LONG washing pole.

Sephiroth really ruined people's concept of a normal looking katana. lol . If it's going to be extra extra extra long (wash pole is already extra extra long), then it should have durability of 10 to account for the fact that one swing of such a weapon should shatter it.

Actually it'll just be... erm.... floppy........ List of weapons that you wish existed. 3358384175
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:01 pm

JY4answer wrote:

Too much trouble to code? We don't want them flinging around like the rag doll corpses now do we?

They did the coding for the Gargoyle tail axe. Not too much trouble to reuse the coding for a flail.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:22 pm

meridam99 wrote:
    JY4answer wrote:

They did the coding for the Gargoyle tail axe. Not too much trouble to reuse the coding for a flail.

The same coding could be used for the "floppy katana." lol
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:17 pm

I want Blind (curved small sword that ignores shield and that had 0.1 of weight) and Old Moonlight Sword (ignored shields too) back again, they were in Demon's Souls.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:46 pm

Lightsabers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:32 pm