Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Back Lot Basher
skarekrow13
jjshowal
7 posters

Do you wish the RoFaP ring never existed because of its overwhelming appeal and necessity?

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Do you wish the RoFaP ring never existed because of its overwhelming appeal and necessity? Empty Do you wish the RoFaP ring never existed because of its overwhelming appeal and necessity?

Post by jjshowal Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 pm

A random rant, but I wish I didn't think that I needed it so much.

edit: I'm sure this topic has been covered numerous times before
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Do you wish the RoFaP ring never existed because of its overwhelming appeal and necessity? Empty Re: Do you wish the RoFaP ring never existed because of its overwhelming appeal and necessity?

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:17 pm

And thus a new Bieber has come unto the world.

On topic, I think it's fine
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you wish the RoFaP ring never existed because of its overwhelming appeal and necessity? Empty Re: Do you wish the RoFaP ring never existed because of its overwhelming appeal and necessity?

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:19 pm

I rarely bring myself to put it on, simply because I have to break it to remove it, and I love having the options for two different rings (i.e. the Rusted and Covetous Gold while farming in swamp). If it was a case of saving it for endgame PvP, then I suppose I could see putting it on for good.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:39 pm

It's good, but I don't always use it so I'm not too bothered by it.
    hbm6

Post by hbm6 Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:44 pm

there is really nothing over powered about the ring, it's just a good ring.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh, it's overpowered alright, but not so overpowered as to be a problem.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Well, my highest lvl character is SL262, and is on NG+9 (not that it matters past 7), and quite a few boss attacks leave me nearly dead even with 73 vit. Without that +20% health boost, most bosses would be A LOT harder.

Basically, I think it would be OP if it didn't break, but seeing as it does, its fine, especially as there aren't any health boosts apart from the tiny being's ring (which gives so little health its almost as bad as the BTSR), and the MoM, which is good but having a proper helm looks better so I only use it for the really hard bosses.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm

I practically never use it, cause i use Havel's ring pretty much... always. So using both of those will leave me with 2 unswitchable ringslots. And that's far from ideal of course.

I think the break-upon-remove feature does a good job at balancing its power. It makes people stronger, but less adaptable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am