Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Jovias-86
Noob-of-Artorias
GkMrBane
DARKXLORD
Doelker
DxV04
BartholomewWenceslas
SlakeMoth
TheBigLebowski
MsCherryBlossom
Serious_Much
nsane32
Halicarnassis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jorund
Sulfur
Railage
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Tolvo
befowler
chimi chongos
Bioraptor
27 posters

Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 13 Empty Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:13 pm

^Bad memories of a frormer love? Havent found out more yet. Dammit I was hoping someone would try to leav the room without interrupting or just stand there to see if anything different happens.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 am

And one who got up to fighting the Dragon take the "Other" way out? I plan to.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:33 am

Tere are 2 endings? i thought so, if you listen to the theme song about 50 times like I did the dragon says something like "Now choose x or y"
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 am

I'm going to

Spoiler:
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:29 am

lol I just fought the **** again. Kicked its *** this time. Dont know how I lost so badly the first time.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:43 am

Petrification?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:51 am

Yeah but I mean this time it didnt have time to get its breath attack off. I kiled it without seeing the black smoke.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:53 am

Lol I just killed my first manticore
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 am

Nice. I havent seen one of those yet. Nor have I seen a chimera.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:02 am

Trying to kill a cyclops on a cliff, my main falls off so I drop down the cliff, drop to 260 hp to revive her before she dies. A chimera is there waiting for me.
    EDIT: And I made it pay for that mistake. First killed Chimera.
    EDIT2: Killed my second.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 am

I have bought the game day 1, but I am still playing Dark Souls. I have made a char though, but I can't help to wanting go back to Dark Souls. I think Dragons Dogma is cool though.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 am

TheBigLebowski wrote:I have bought the game day 1, but I am still playing Dark Souls. I have made a char though, but I can't help to wanting go back to Dark Souls. I think Dragons Dogma is cool though.

Nowt wrong with that mate.
    I am thinking of playing DkS again,since DD I have not been giving it the love it rightly deserves.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 am

I have a quick question - before being going to the Dukes meeting do you have ot complete all the quests you have picked up off the notice boards or they disappear? I still have to kill some rabbits and some crows and find a journal/letter.. (?) otherwise finished all the other quests.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 am

Halicarnassis wrote:I have a quick question - before being going to the Dukes meeting do you have ot complete all the quests you have picked up off the notice boards or they disappear? I still have to kill some rabbits and some crows and find a journal/letter.. (?) otherwise finished all the other quests.

No mate just all the quest off the wyerms board.
    I made this error and for a week went round finishing all the quest I could do up to that point.
    By the time I entered that quest I was level 54 happy
    So so much grinding due to a miss read error.

So just make sure you have done all the quest on his list before you go meet the duke.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 am

^ nice one mate! I spent most of the Jubilee slaying mosters and skeletons so I could finish the notice board quests. I'm on level 41 already. Got freaked out by the Drake the first time i stumbled into her! Reloaded and came prepared.. say no more!
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:00 am

Halicarnassis wrote:^ nice one mate! I spent most of the Jubilee slaying mosters and skeletons so I could finish the notice board quests. I'm on level 41 already. Got freaked out by the Drake the first time i stumbled into her! Reloaded and came prepared.. say no more!

Lol yeah the Drake scared the life out of me the 1st time I meet the bloody thing,was at night as well sad.

It took me all night and early morning to finally give it that killing blow.

I have slain 4 up to now,and although they do not get easier they do get manageable as you know what you are looking out for and where to strike.

But yeah that notice board about the duke is a little confusing either that or we are showing our age happy
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 am

Lol! I already am!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Got this game Saturday, took it back today. Just couldn't get on with it. One reason is the graphics. O.K. my tele isn't an all singing all dancing plasma, just a run of the mill Sony LCD HD but, after the pin sharp graphics of Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma's graphics looked kind of muddy and indistinct. I could have lived with that but the main reason this game didn't float my boat was the pawns. They never shut up! No matter where you are or what you're doing it's yatter, yatter, yatter. To use a colloquial expression 'they did my head in'. I can just about put up with one companion like Lydia in Skyrim, at least she keeps her lip buttoned most of the time but this lot very nearly drove me insane. I'm a loner I guess when it comes to games, which is probably why multi-player games don't do it for me. I'm glad some of you are enjoying it though, have fun.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:10 am

finished the game and it quite interesting to say the least(if your are stuck send me a pm dont want to spoil anything) I would also like to confirm that there is a new game plus you start with all your game and stay the same lvl the only problem is that you star as the one of the basic classes untill you get back to Gran Soren
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:11 am

SlakeMoth wrote:Got this game Saturday, took it back today. Just couldn't get on with it. One reason is the graphics. O.K. my tele isn't an all singing all dancing plasma, just a run of the mill Sony LCD HD but, after the pin sharp graphics of Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma's graphics looked kind of muddy and indistinct. I could have lived with that but the main reason this game didn't float my boat was the pawns. They never shut up! No matter where you are or what you're doing it's yatter, yatter, yatter. To use a colloquial expression 'they did my head in'. I can just about put up with one companion like Lydia in Skyrim, at least she keeps her lip buttoned most of the time but this lot very nearly drove me insane. I'm a loner I guess when it comes to games, which is probably why multi-player games don't do it for me. I'm glad some of you are enjoying it though, have fun.

I guess with the pawn`s talking all the time is just the way they help you out by giving you hints to how to tackle an obstacle of some sort.(If your pawn or the pawn`s you have summoned have knowledge of the task?)
    You can make the pawns less talkative,not in the options menu but in setting the pawns characteristics up to only give aide on occasion.

I also read you play on a LCD and not a plasma,to be fair you are going to get a better picture from a LCD then plasma so this is not an issue.

It`s a shame you did not enjoy what the core game is about but at least we have DkS to fall back too for comfort happy

Last edited by Bioraptor on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:17 am

nsane32 wrote:finished the game and it quite interesting to say the least(if your are stuck send me a pm don't want to spoil anything) I would also like to confirm that there is a new game plus you start with all your game and stay the same lvl the only problem is that you star as the one of the basic classes until you get back to Gran Soren

Finishing this game is no where in sight for me yet.
    I have only just entered the bloody palace to see the Duke.
    I am level 70 (get side track very easily happy )
    Would not believe I have had the game since day one sad
    Saying this though I am in no rush of finishing it to quickly.

Has anyone played any of the DLC quest?.
    Did not want to know the plot just to see if it was OK?.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:10 am

Bioraptor wrote:
    TheBigLebowski wrote:I have bought the game day 1, but I am still playing Dark Souls. I have made a char though, but I can't help to wanting go back to Dark Souls. I think Dragons Dogma is cool though.

Nowt wrong with that mate.
    I am thinking of playing DkS again,since DD I have not been giving it the love it rightly deserves.

big grin Well when I started my char on DD and played a bit it felt good, because the feel of the weapons is the same as in DkS. You "feel" the sword hitting your enemy. Don't know how to express it differently, hope u understand. Ok, DD doesn't have a lock on, but I don't care, the walking and fighting feels a lot like DkS. The artwork also resembles DkS a lot! I really like it. Although some armor and details (not areas and bosses etc, but details on chars) are a bit old looking.

The open world is great, I really like the game, but I miss the unique online experience intertwined in Demon and Dark Souls. Wished they had done that in DD. But the pawn system is kind of a passive online activity.

Enjoy playing!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:14 am

I've been switching between the 2. like when I ost to a **** I switchted to dark and played for a bit. then when I got bored with that I picked DD back up again. Then when I got up to climbing the tainted mountain, which takes forvere to get to, I was just there and forced to go all the way to the other side of th emap, I picked up Dark again. Now Im annoyed at the 4 kings ill probably go back to DD.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 am

I found the pawn chatter to actually be really useful. Yes, it's sometimes inane blather, but I've had them point out hidden chests, passageways, and entire areas, spot hiding enemies and predict ambushes, warn me about falling rocks, and even give me quest tips (some pawns you hire have already completed the same quest for another person). They also often give useful fighting tips particularly on the big enemies. There might be an option somewhere to turn that off, but I thought it was an asset to the game.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 pm

befowler wrote:I found the pawn chatter to actually be really useful. Yes, it's sometimes inane blather, but I've had them point out hidden chests, passageways, and entire areas, spot hiding enemies and predict ambushes, warn me about falling rocks, and even give me quest tips (some pawns you hire have already completed the same quest for another person). They also often give useful fighting tips particularly on the big enemies. There might be an option somewhere to turn that off, but I thought it was an asset to the game.

I would have to agree with you there befowler,although I guess it is not going to appeal to everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 am