Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Jovias-86
Noob-of-Artorias
GkMrBane
DARKXLORD
Doelker
DxV04
BartholomewWenceslas
SlakeMoth
TheBigLebowski
MsCherryBlossom
Serious_Much
nsane32
Halicarnassis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jorund
Sulfur
Railage
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Tolvo
befowler
chimi chongos
Bioraptor
27 posters

Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 8 Empty Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

Post by nsane32 Tue May 29, 2012 12:36 pm

DoughGuy wrote:****, the controller helpthing in the bottom right corner is burning itself into my screen.
    Really! I dont know how that happened it doesnt even glow.
    as for the ancient quarry from Gran Soren go up an slightly right their should be cows grazing in a field and then a small village of goblins also this is important the zombies that blow up they are called necrophages and they drop rare upgrading item they dont drop it if killed with fire which causes them to implode instead kill them with holy lite. also when fighting the half rooster half bird(it wont let me say the real name) hit it when its throat bulges(when its going to do the petrafiing breath) and it will fall down stunned also when near the shadow fort be careful a drake roams in that area. as for the secrete softener it can be bought from the alchemist in Gran Soren another important tip before you become a mystic knight or any other vocation make sure you have the right equipment first
    hope this helps
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 pm

as a warrior your using two handed weapons right viral, which one are you using? the two hander?

also magic is highly effective on big enemies due to the multiple points large spells can hit them at, and the magic archer gets really nasty at mid to high vocation level with the hunter bolt (targets up to 10 things at once including big monster body parts) and the ricochet hunter which fires bouncing bolts in a wedge that gain strength with every bounce (i practically killed an ogre with just this!) also viral... on one quest where i had to clear a fortress of goblins i found a nice big sword on the ground inside, lastly, have you enhanced any of your equipment at the armorers booth?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue May 29, 2012 2:02 pm

My main and pawn are lev 37 at present and I am really enjoying the game. There's actually a ton of stuff to loot, so folks missing that RPG aspect should give it another shake. There are chests and gather points hidden almost anywhere you can climb or fall. A few other observations -- I haven't been reading wikis or anything, this is just my game experience:

-- Your profession leveling up runs off exp, but is distinct from your character level. In other words, if you switch to a new profession you'll level it up really quickly at first even if your character level doesn't increase, particularly in later game when foes give tons of xp. This is a great way to reinforce some of your core skills. For example, I started my pawn as a mage, but then switched him to a fighter after leveling mage up a ways. Although his hp is a bit lower than a pure fighter, he retained a bunch of sweet mage skills notably high magic damage resistance. So now he has both high magic resistance and high physical damage resistance, and tanks like a boss. Once I get his hp up a bit more from a few more levels I am going to make him a sorceror and he'll just meteor everything while ignoring damage.

-- Lootable items/areas reset after a while and/or various area loads. Retracing your footsteps a lot will get you tons of items. The Quarry shortcut is a great example, once you clear it of enemies and open both exits a bunch of merchants move in and it basically turns into a hidden town with no enemies. But all the items/chests reset. So you can literally sprint through it (you don't lose stamina in there, like a town) but still mine a bunch of ore veins, open chests, even pick up bags of gold near the vendors. There's even an ancient chest behind one of the vendors that often coughs up a nice weapon or armor. I've gotten like 4 fire swords and a bunch of sweet armor out of it.

-- Another great spot for loot is down in the far sw corner of the map. There is a golem atop a hill crowned with rocks who is dangerous, but look for a sword in a stone where you can "gather" -- it almost always gives a rare item and you can circle around and get to it without aggroing the golem if you are quick. Nearby a bit farther down the coast is a goblin camp overlooking a burnt out area with 2 ogres/cyclops in it. There's a working ballista machine there you can climb on to fire bolts or explosives at the ogres and goblins. Incredibly fun -- the explosive bolts punch goblins up in the air, and then they explode like fireworks. A bit farther down the coast are some hidden ravines and ledges with great chests/items/money on them. Some of them you have to jump across for.

-- Keep an eye out for information "tactics" scrolls, these teach your pawns better ways to fight enemy types, and do more damage etc. Notably, I think you may need to re-read these if you switch the profession of your pawn since he'll be using a different attack style. You can also learn tactics just by having numerous or extended fights with that enemy type, but scrolls are a sure thing.

-- Pawns not only learn about enemies, quests, or map areas, they can use a lot of items in the game. If you give them a pickaxe, they'll mine for you, if you give them a lantern they'll use it when you use yours (they'll even fill oil vials if you give them some empty ones). Leaving random stuff in their inventory not only saves you carry weight, but it can result in really interesting things.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Tue May 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Wow, this game is actually really fantastic. I know I mentioned before that I was having some trouble getting into it, but I figured that out. I was playing fighter, decided to start over as strider, and now I'm hooked. I think fighter might have just been a little too slow paced for me, and strider is magnificent. Being able to whip out your bow, pop off a few arrows, and then dash in for slice-n-dice funtime.

I'm still like way early in the game though.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 29, 2012 4:47 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:as a warrior your using two handed weapons right viral, which one are you using? the two hander?

also magic is highly effective on big enemies due to the multiple points large spells can hit them at, and the magic archer gets really nasty at mid to high vocation level with the hunter bolt (targets up to 10 things at once including big monster body parts) and the ricochet hunter which fires bouncing bolts in a wedge that gain strength with every bounce (i practically killed an ogre with just this!) also viral... on one quest where i had to clear a fortress of goblins i found a nice big sword on the ground inside, lastly, have you enhanced any of your equipment at the armorers booth?

Bah I just need to get Arc of Deliverance.... I shotting Cyclops? I think so!

Hmmmm Still it sounds like Assassin and MAgic Knight are interesting classes too.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue May 29, 2012 5:34 pm

I was actually keyed up to play a mystic knight, and found it sort of a letdown. I was using that obliterax mace, which was ok, but it's a very defensive build. You can use some offensive spells if you swap in a mage staff, but it's mostly about hiding behind your shield and waiting for opportunities. Some of the magic shield skills are amusing, like one that heals you whenever you block an attack, or fires off magic projectiles, but I thought they were extremely slow to windup and would only be useful if you didn't have a magic user along for some reason. It's hard to hold aggro on enemies anyway so it's not like you can just block while mages fire from behind you, and most of the bosses ignore your blocks and just grab you or trample you (a troll nearly killed me by just grabbing me through a magically reinforced tower shield somehow and biting my head off). It's like a slower form of fighter with less interesting equipment, and some magic spells you end up never using anyway.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 29, 2012 5:51 pm

magick archer gets magic dagger skills.... these are awesome especially sunburst! beyond that being able to whip out a staff and rain fire on people is nice and if you keep a pair od daggers with you you can change from staff to daggers really quick!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed May 30, 2012 12:29 am

the mystic knight gets much better as you level it up the magic cannon is awesome especially with the upgrade then is like a long range shot gun also you can enhance every one in your party including any friendly npc around you with any element also the better magic shields can block almost anything
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 12:33 am

SO lets have a review
    Fighter - Aggro tank, untried
    Strider - DPS
    Mage - Buff/Damage
    Assassin - Very versatile, mid damage
    Mystic knight - buffer until it gets higher level skills, tanker
    Magic archer - Versatile, high damage
    Ranger - DPS power > speed
    Warrior - Needs the right equipment, high dmage slow swings
    Sorceror - High damage spells

Look good?

Last edited by DoughGuy on Wed May 30, 2012 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed May 30, 2012 12:36 am

yes also the mystic knight get most of the mages spell for the staff and also good for tanking and the sorcerer has very powerful combat spells. warrior is slow with high DMG also the range has a more powerful bow but shots slower
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 12:42 am

Changed them with your advice.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed May 30, 2012 12:45 am

now it got every little detail happy

also my xbox is down so ill have to wait a few weeks till its fixed but ive got lot of info for the game ill be willing to share
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 am

Time tp upload some photoes! Thers a golem fight, Dogma: Assasins creed version. I forgot to copy my other pics.
    Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 8 Dragon14
    Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 8 Dragon15
    Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 8 Dragon16
    Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 8 Dragon17
    Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 8 Dragon18
    I've got an ogre fight and some other stll on my PS3 to upload. While these may look cool, I didnt actually make the last 2 jumps.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed May 30, 2012 12:53 am

golems are fun but scary when they rage and star shooting lasers of doom at you also for jumping on roof tops the rangers jump flip and the mages levitate are fun to play with
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 12:55 am

Wha? Ive just been doing it as an assassin. Although I must admit I love the movement in this game. When running through the countryside I will just jump on every rock I see and roll everywhere.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed May 30, 2012 12:59 am

aahh sorry was not looking at the bow but it fun to climb on building and mountain and with the levitate ability you can jump off a cliff and land safely
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 30, 2012 2:27 am

I can now say that the Warrior doesnt need equipment at all. i just sucked at the game. I restarted the game to see if I could get better drops this time around. went straight to Gran Soren and did Extermination to get the money to buy all my goodies. Went back out and cleared Sisters in Peril at Level 15!!!!!!!!!

They do ungodly amounts of Damage and Tank all but the heaviest hits. I I have yet to even wear metal armour yet.... think of the possibilities! Nor do I have Arc of Deliverance!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 2:38 am

^lol. Good work.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 7:36 am

A wor dof warning. When you do the Wyrmking ring quest the ring is not put in you rinventory after the boss fight, you have to pick it up sepeartely. Also one of the shiny items you see is a ferystone, the ring is separate to that.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed May 30, 2012 8:54 am

I have been playing this game by just roaming around the world killing things and leveling up.
    I have done a few side quest but not many.
    To give you some idea of how much grinding I have done,my mage is L39.

Last night I thought it was time to play the game because no matter how long I try to stretch this game out it is going to have to come to a end sooner or later,but I pray its the latter.

@befowler
    Nice post friend,really found it interesting and helpful.

@ Everyone else.
    Great story`s and tip`s.
    Thank you.
    Also on the area that I thought I did not know about,the ancient quarry.
    I had been there but not realized the name,sorry but thank you for everyone who told me.

Also befowler mentioned a good point about giving your pawns certain inventory items.
    Because they will use them by themselves`s.
    Just make sure not to give them to much health potion`s (or to much of anything) as they will drink them dry.My mage did this to me last night,funny thing was she could have spelled healed herself instead sad.

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 8 553466_3706749640607_1958318967_n

Strength in numbers Arisen
    Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 8 532820_3702953985718_1631524771_2830991_89774718_n
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 8:57 am

I learnt why you need secret softener.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 9:40 am

nice.. a spoiler thread silly

anyone wanna say how the progression in the game goes now you've had it a few days?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 9:43 am

Yeah cause the story is important. Like how a fort full of soldiers rebelled and wanted to kill me. But I walked through it without noticing. (Mentioned that earlier in the thread) What do you mean by progression.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 30, 2012 9:48 am

difficulty curve, developing characters and abilities, importance of strategy as you go further rather than just button mash/heal combo
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 30, 2012 9:50 am

If you wandre into the wrong area you will get your but kicked. Levelling up is done through your vocation and what skills you pick. if you dont swicth around your vocation you'll have plenty of skill points spare to spend. You do need strategy. There is no didge so unless you have a hsield you dont want to be in combat long. Also for the bigger enemies you need the right spells to take them down quicker.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:09 pm