Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Oniramkenobi
Quarik
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
cloudyeki
Joel_Boof
Imarreteet23
Wade_Wilson
MsCherryBlossom
befowler
mugenis4real
RANT
User
TehInfamousAmos
Rynn
Dubscythe
Carphil
WarriorOfSunlight
RNsunbro
exandroide
Forum Pirate
Noob-of-Artorias
jjshowal
27 posters

I know we're all for honor here but...

MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

I know we're all for honor here but... - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we're all for honor here but...

Post by MsCherryBlossom Tue May 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Isn't he just the best player ever.
    >Havels Gauntlets/leggings
    >DWGR
    >Lightning Rapier
    >Hornet ring
    >Great combustion
    >Attacking bowing players

He reeks of casual. Why doesn't he just go back to call of duty? His mindset is not suited for dark souls.

EDIT: I just realized that he's in the kiln. The pvp/duel hotspot in the game. And he's complaining about "honor." I'm sorry, but nothing he says has any relevance anymore. You cannot take someone this close-minded seriously.

Before I go into vebal berate mode help me understand you. You're saying because he disregards this wiki's unwritten rules he's not "suited" for Dark Souls? Explain that to me please.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I know we're all for honor here but... - Page 2 Empty Re: I know we're all for honor here but...

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Reported thread - too much bloody conflict, hopefully it gets locked.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 22, 2012 6:47 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Reported thread - too much bloody conflict, hopefully it gets locked.
    Btw, guys?
    I've been commenting on youtube to him. He's gonna be checking out this thread, so stop embarrassing yourself <3.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Tue May 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Cry cheap and let slip the dogs of whine.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 6:49 pm

^^ He is a nice guy, as I have said, anyway I am a subscriber so that possibly means that I am biased in my opinion but he has valid points.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 22, 2012 6:51 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Reported thread - too much bloody conflict, hopefully it gets locked.

sad Is it that bad?

I always say that we ourselves as a community demonise these players and that there's no real code of honour in the world of lordran.. But it's not for no reason that we knock these players. It's because it's not fun to play against. It's not that you spoil your own fun, it can be fun to play dirty sometimes I admit, but it ruins other peoples fun playing like a **** and pissing people off.

Play however you guys want, but I enjoy playing knowing a good fight is more enjoyable for both parties, and by playing well I'm making the other guy enjoy himself more too.

I've never watched his videos so I can't comment on his points, but there's plenty of arguments to play to win, everyone just has a personal preference. Mine is to allow others a more enjoyable fight.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Tue May 22, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Tue May 22, 2012 6:53 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:^^ He is a nice guy, as I have said, anyway I am a subscriber so that possibly means that I am biased in my opinion but he has valid points.

I been a subscriber for a while now, I agreed on his opinion on the honor rules before the video was posted. I just find it sad how some people here whined about someone not playing the way they want them to.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 6:53 pm

+1 to you serious.

THAT is my biggest problem with online. ANYONE can be an *** without thinking of anything but themselves! *** that, I don't wanna be the guy who makes someone quit playing a game just because I wanted to be a jerk.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 pm

well tbh we are all being slanderous towards his name and excuse my language but we are all acting like c**ts, I am likely to get negative rep for this comment but we are all acting bloody immature, and to be fair Serious, you do get pissed off with it but the likelihood is because in the case that you lost - when you lose you generally get angry. I asked people to validate their opinion with a good argument and facts, but they continued to whine... My constructive criticism to you guys is to validate your opinion more.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Well, serious, I am sure I can show you one. I am hungry for some eyes...
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Alright, I had a bit of a unneeded reaction to this vid earlier in the thread and I am sorry. I do agree with some of his points but at the same time, considering his play style, I have some trouble agreeing with anything he says.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Well, serious, I am sure I can show you one. I am hungry for some eyes...

remember I'm on a break cook? silly

I would gladly PvP you some, but sadly Im not returning to lordran for a little bit, just wait a few weeks and I think I'll be back.

Also amos, I don't get pissed off because I lose, Dark Souls has beaten that out of me and well, most of the time if someone plays dirty or gets into a BS fishing contest, I return the favour an kick his *** winking

Problem for me is, I find it fun having a duel with no dirty tactics as oppose to walking in circle and having to kill a guy by BS and WoG wake up and all that stuff

Last edited by Serious_Much on Tue May 22, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 7:02 pm

He makes decent points, I did say that. But he is still disregarding the person on the other end of his connection.

I don't get mad over cheap tactics. I get mad when I don't get a good fight. I get mad when I'm put into a fight with someone who can't give me his all, so he fights with another random person who can't give me their all.

I'd gladly fight a tandem who work together perfectly! I'll gladly fight a triplet who give me a decent enough chance. Just give me someone who will fight without crapping out in the middle because they fear losing!
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Wait Amos... Why would we downrep you? Surely you have more trust in us than that!

Now, let me try to validate our opinions. First off, I like what Rynn said. To paraphrase: "Dark Souls is a game, and it has a standard code of honor. Just like baseball, football, cricket, or whatever, has a code of honor, so too does Dark Souls."

I also like what serious said. Again, to paraphrase: "When we are honerable, we think of more than ourselves (usually). We try to make it more enjoyable for both parties, and not just ourselves. It isn't very fun to fight a guy who casts TWoP, etc. But it is fun when we both have a fair fight."

And now my own personal reason: (True story, btw) One time I was PvPing in the Burg. Then suddenly, it hit me: That guy that I'm fighting... He's a human being, just like me. Why be a jerk to him? He deserves as fair a fight as any, because he is human... Just like me.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 7:07 pm

^^ It was because I used some rather profane language. I do trust you guys but in a manner I insulted you - but it was with good intent, I wasn't aware if you guys would have realized that... My Bad
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 7:10 pm

I didn't take it as an insult. Maaaaaybe as a challenge of what I believe, but I like challenges.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 22, 2012 7:11 pm

i do agree that it is a videogame and people should do whatever they want, but he talks about like his opinon is the only one that matter sometimes when by his argument clearly there no right or wronf just different opinions. but im gonn ask you guys one question, if everyone starts doing what he does which is attack people while bowing and exploiting lag to bs people all the time, how long ois it gonna take for people to get sick of the bs'ing and have them abandon the game which will lead to the death of dark souls? i love this game and i dolnt want it to die like all the other generic fps or any game for that matter.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 7:11 pm

^^ Well thats why we forest pvp right winking
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Hey, Rant.
    Fun fact: games die, this one never was going to be an exception.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Once this dies the new Souls will come out, Jus' Saiyan that is what happened with DeS, DeS was just beginning to die and barely anyone was playing so they brought out DkS, this helped out the series, it is likely to occur again.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 22, 2012 7:16 pm

@Amos Hey, It's all good. Besides, we do deserve it. I hate the aurgument that: "He sucks, your aurgument is invalid" just as much as the next guy. We deserve some constructive criticism to put it politically, and a whoopin' in the *** to put it correctly.

@Rant The game would be much less fun, true.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Look at the life of demon's souls Rynn. It lasted from release all the way to the release of Dark Souls. 3 years of crazy pvp in 4-1.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue May 22, 2012 7:16 pm

i normally agree with you rant, but why do you say he abuses lag to bs? i like his outlook, he doesnt really attack anyone when they bow he usally just pokes them or wacks them with a catalyst(which is more of a joke then actual dmg). also i can see why he gets so offensive in his videos and messages cause tons of people basically troll his videos and make racist comments ext. he does say that he thinks stuff is cheap but he never says people shouldnt use stuff like dwgr and wrath.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue May 22, 2012 7:17 pm

^^ Even with all the ******** Pushlocking etc XD
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Aye, and scraping spear attacking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:01 pm