Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Shindori
Ecko
6 posters

Honor in the Kiln.

Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Honor in the Kiln. Empty Honor in the Kiln.

Post by Ecko Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:57 am

I discovered two things today. You might already know about them,but I haven't seen them publicly stated yet.

Firstly, honor in the Kiln isn't completely dead. Secondly, invaders and phantoms tend to follow the example of the host.

All day today (Well not literally, but for several hours) I hosted in the Kiln and put on a sort of rough tournament. I summoned a single white phantom and then either summoned the first black phantom that put their sign down or waited for an invader. As I waited I sat up on top of the hill to the left of the door when you come into the area. For the whole time I was there I just let the whites fight the invaders, 1 v 1, no healing. At some points a random invader popped up while the other two were fighting. In which case I'd pull him to the side and fight him myself. If the invader won (And that happened a lot) then I dropped him a humanity as a reward and then summoned another white for him to fight.

The point is, the whole day we never had any problems. Complete strangers in a completely unofficial setting and yet everyone acted as courteous as one could hope. Near the end of the day there was even a white phantom I summoned who ran over to the sidelines near where I was standing and then PM'd me with "Can I just watch?" and then sat there until the end of the whole thing watching the black phantoms fight eachother and me occasionally go down and whoop some ***.

Honor is not dead in the Kiln. Not completely at least. And I honestly believe it just takes a good host. I believe people are likely to follow the example that the host sets, and so you get "events" like this.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Honor in the Kiln. Empty Re: Honor in the Kiln.

Post by Shindori Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 am

That is ***' beautiful, man.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:57 am

For the life of me, I can't get any invades, any summon signs, nor any duel signs at any SL, other than 120. I just haven't tried that high yet. Seriously. I see NONE.

Anyway, I agree that the host is the ruler of, well, the rules! An invader will generally bow and follow duel rules if the host bows. There will be an all out brawl if the host decides to do so, and phantoms will gank of the host chooses to do so! Even in the burg, I see gankers. It's all about the host.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:01 am

Not always Joe. I had a long experience in the kiln a while ago involving an invader who didn't want to fight face to face, so I had to chase him down, parry and DSB all the black knights, deal with a fully healed invader after each black knight, and then he kept trying to use the stone greatsword's r2.

45 minutes wasted because he kept chickening out.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:02 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:An invader will generally bow and follow duel rules if the host bows.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 am

Eh... I've had too many jerk encounters to consider that.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 am

You're a Forest Hunter... haha!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:07 am

Burg and Kiln as well. Oh and basin. Soooo many evil basin DMBs.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:09 am

Basin? *shrug* I've had only a teeny bit of Burg Stuff. But every host I see that gets multiple Red Phantoms don't get screwed over *shrug* I don't host, but I don't see any a-hole invaders either. Well, ONE, but, come on, every crowd has its bad eggs. But from my experience, about 90% of them are good.

In the burg. I haven't really pvped anywhere else, other than Blight, and that's straight up Invading and Killing.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:23 am

About a month ago I decided to spend a night pvping for the first time ever. I did it in the Kiln. It was maybe about 3 hours of being constantly invaded, and I didn't have one complaint afterwards. I could'nt have cared less what the opponent was wearing or what their tactics were or if they bowed or didn't.

What I really took from the evening was a complete lack of tolerance for the incessant whining of some pvpers... invaders, specifically, here.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:27 am

Calli, I understand why Yarxov's quote is funny, but why is Amos's quote there?

Oh, and people get annoyed by extreme repetitiveness. PvP for long enough, and you just get tired of preeetty much facing the same person over and over again. Flipping havel's mom user. They're all pretty much the same... Imagine if you had to fight one boss over and over and over again. Looked exactly the same. Sure, it's new to you NOW, but, come on, after a few hours, you're gonna want somethin' new. But, let's face it, Dark Souls ruins all other games, because Dark Souls is teh best.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:23 am

ive been doing some kiln hosting as well, i gotta agree with you. for the most part, if people see you are willing to duel them, they will duel you. invading though, thats a different story. though i do have a question about duels. is it against the rules to kite and harass your enemies with a bow or something? i keep summoning dragons/darkwraiths who are willing to duel me, until i knock their health down with my darkmoon bow. after that its lagstabs ahoy 😢
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:25 am

People will try lagstabs if thay have low health... I admit to doing so. Put on the red tearstone ring and try to go for a bs. If not, I try to use my g.halberd's range. Both don't usually have positive outcomes.... for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm