Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
ClassicBlaze
Hue
Gyonimizotetsu
Blaze1st
SEANB240
Bubbahotep
FattyOfDoom
Eolan
baltis
TheTruth
TehInfamousAmos
cloudyeki
Matthew718
Sal Paradise
Wade_Wilson
lxtab
skarekrow13
stinkers78
Yukon
Shkar
FlamingHarlekin
hortator
ViralEnsign_
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
pylorih
PastaOfDoom
ublug
Doelker
Artorias
SilenceOfKnights
WyrmHero
steal_yer_bike
Gorgrim
Gol
Spurgun
Emergence
lunardose
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
JY4answer
ChizFreak
BishopG
Kyubi-Nick
nsane32
menianoon
sunbro
jjshowal
drago1uk2000
Carphil
User
55 posters

The Search for Lore

Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

The Search for Lore  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Search for Lore

Post by Gol Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:31 am

You shouldn't see the time distortion as "Peoples from the past are brought in the "future" and vice versa".
    It's more like "parralel universes", or "parrarel realities", everything takes place at the same moment, of course there are peoples who seem to come from the past but it doesn't mean we are from the "future" either.
    There is just the "Present".
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 am

I like to see my research showing results, I was kind of worried that I might have done it all for naught haha.

Man now I'm just jumping from character to character focusing on the god of war, that knight of Astora is now on my mind, at least this minute. Probably in another ten I'll be back to Solaire. However it does strike me as odd that he would get to areas that are past Orange gates, since the Lordvessel is given to the being who is the successor to Lord Gwyn, his son possibly? And this Knight apparently got past them via that or some means? Damn this is really perplexing me now!

...So it's Tarkus!

...Wait no it's Solaire!

Acidic, you are going to make me turn hollow bringing up all of these ideas.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm

So as some had mentioned I was checking out that statue of the "God of War" at the sunlight altar and indeed he wears Gwyn's full armor aside from the crown. However something I did find interesting upon inspection of the face of the statue. It is hard to tell at first, so I put on the Sunlight Maggot and you can perfectly see his face near to the ground. He has closed eyes, and exactly resembles the face of the man in the stone carving in the church, right near to where Reah prays. The Shepard looking man with animals near to him. I've always figured this Shepard was Gwyn himself, but now I do wonder if it is actually the god of war given the uncanny resemblance. Then again, the God of War could just look exactly like his father, or be a part of his father.

As well I was just thinking over the words of Solaire in Izalith if he ends up surviving, "Was it all a lie? Have I done this all, for nothing? Oh my dear sun...What now, what should I do..? ...My sun, my dear, dear sun..."

It never added up to me why he went there in the first place, however I do think it might be wrong to assume Solaire used the shortcut since he does go the way of the Centipede demon I believe. Now, who informed him of this location and suggested it to him? Who lied to him? Was it even a who?

Something else I thought is worth mentioning, I was looking at the statue of the female by the sunlight altar and the pedestal she is on reminded me of the architecture of Izalith as well as the Firelink Altar, with that as well her garb does somewhat resemble the texture of the witches of Iza.

Just some random ramblings from me haha.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Tolvo wrote:So as some had mentioned I was checking out that statue of the "God of War" at the sunlight altar and indeed he wears Gwyn's full armor aside from the crown. However something I did find interesting upon inspection of the face of the statue. It is hard to tell at first, so I put on the Sunlight Maggot and you can perfectly see his face near to the ground. He has closed eyes, and exactly resembles the face of the man in the stone carving in the church, right near to where Reah prays. The Shepard looking man with animals near to him. I've always figured this Shepard was Gwyn himself, but now I do wonder if it is actually the god of war given the uncanny resemblance. Then again, the God of War could just look exactly like his father, or be a part of his father.

As well I was just thinking over the words of Solaire in Izalith if he ends up surviving, "Was it all a lie? Have I done this all, for nothing? Oh my dear sun...What now, what should I do..? ...My sun, my dear, dear sun..."

It never added up to me why he went there in the first place, however I do think it might be wrong to assume Solaire used the shortcut since he does go the way of the Centipede demon I believe. Now, who informed him of this location and suggested it to him? Who lied to him? Was it even a who?

Something else I thought is worth mentioning, I was looking at the statue of the female by the sunlight altar and the pedestal she is on reminded me of the architecture of Izalith as well as the Firelink Altar, with that as well her garb does somewhat resemble the texture of the witches of Iza.

Just some random ramblings from me haha.

The statue of the female with a baby is Velka, her robes looks almost the same as the robes of the statues of Gwynevere. There are three statues, which are representing her with Lord Gwyn's 3 sons. This is of course if Velka is Gwyn's wife, which I think Acid's right on that argument.

I was also observing the Sunlight Altar, it is interesting it has closed eyes (or maybe eyes without iris). I think the man offering the egg to Velka is her uncle, Allfather Lloyd, and I think that altar is representing a deep adoration to the birth of the girl of the family, Gwynevere, goddess of sunlight and fertility.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Acid I hope you love this. I was fighting ghosts in New Londo, then I observed that female ones have like some kind of oval object. When they attack with their Ghost Blade, it seems that the other hand still holds the object. I think they are carrying babies like the one on Velka's statue of Firelink Shrine. That's not the only thing, there's more. These female ghosts have an Lightning attack, like the one the Drakes guarding New Londo use. This attack comes from the center of the ghost, or the baby. I think that the women in New Londo where giving birth to Crossbreeds!!!!!! I also noticed that the statue of Firelink Shrine rests on some kind of roots, almost the same as the Everlasting Dragon.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:31 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Acid I hope you love this. I was fighting ghosts in New Londo, then I observed that female ones have like some kind of oval object. When they attack with their Ghost Blade, it seems that the other hand still holds the object. I think they are carrying babies like the one on Velka's statue of Firelink Shrine. That's not the only thing, there's more. These female ghosts have an Lightning attack, like the one the Drakes guarding New Londo use. This attack comes from the center of the ghost, or the baby. I think that the women in New Londo where giving birth to Crossbreeds!!!!!! I also noticed that the statue of Firelink Shrine rests on some kind of roots, almost the same as the Everlasting Dragon.

But who were the father sof all these children? Seath is the only true dragon that survived the age of ancients who is able to move around in Lordran without prosecution but priscilla doesnt use lightning. Unless the dragons that were responsible were wiped out in the flooding. Perhaps Seath introduced the dragons into new londo to breed a powerful race that would help him overthrow the gods?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Isn't it weird that the breath of the drakes is a Lightning Breath? Aren't dragons weak against lightning???? Why did these drakes develop such a breath? Is the lightning breath a primitive form of fire breath?? Im sure that those drakes are some kind of baby dragons, and the mother is Hellkite Dragon, with its fire breath.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:49 pm

Another theory for you, my friend. I don't think Velka died and then the Flame started to fade away, is that she abandoned her duties as a Firekeeper to work on her ritual with the power of the Dark and the Flame in New Londo. These rituals are very mysterious, but I think is has to do with the Rite if Kindling (as it is a Dark Flame). I'm trying to make a connection with the curse of the undead. Why did the Dark Sign appear? Is it a punishment for Velka abandoning her duties as a Firekeeper? I consider Velka as the Pygmy, she is the goddess of sin and after all it is human to sin. This means she is our ancestor, bearer of the Dark Soul and mother of humanity.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 am

The drakes having lightning breath could be a form of evlution. By having a breath that other drakes are weak against they become the top predator.

I agree that Velka didn't die however I don't thik she abandoned the flame until after it was first exstinguished. I think the god of war (who i thik is the pygmy) exstinguished it to bring abou the age of man. Disconnected from the flame Velka tried to distance herself from it as she saw it as a sign of weakness. If the flame died she was weaakened. Thus she tried to get power from the dark rather than the fire as the fire would eventually fade but there is aloways dark.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 am

DoughGuy wrote:The drakes having lightning breath could be a form of evlution. By having a breath that other drakes are weak against they become the top predator.

I agree that Velka didn't die however I don't thik she abandoned the flame until after it was first exstinguished. I think the god of war (who i thik is the pygmy) exstinguished it to bring abou the age of man. Disconnected from the flame Velka tried to distance herself from it as she saw it as a sign of weakness. If the flame died she was weaakened. Thus she tried to get power from the dark rather than the fire as the fire would eventually fade but there is aloways dark.

Im sure Velka is the Pygmy, Doughguy. I dont see a connection between the Dark Soul and the God of War. There's so little information of that bastard that makes me furious. I starting to doubt that the statue of the Sunlight Altar is actually him, or a replica of his young father. Instead, the conclusion that Acid made about Velka being the First Firekeeper and wife to Lotd Gwyn seems to me very logical. You know that firekeepers use humanity to keep their bonfire alive, as it is stated that their firekeeper souls hold 'infinite' humanity. Dont you think that (if the Dark Soul is a infinite resource of humanity, of that Im sure, as all humans have fragments of it) Velka could use the Dark Soul to keep the First Flame lit, as it is an inmense source of energy, heat and life?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 am

You do put forward an good and hard to refute case. however the pygmy is specifcally mentioned as "easily forgotten". As well as that the pygmy found a lord soul in the flame. Velka must have had her soul of humanity before the flame started, or was gifted the soul at the flames birth, not at any point after it. Meanwhile the god of war could have become a god after the flame started, aorund the time gwyn did and is almost completely forgotten around the world. I agree that Velka is the firekeeper and wife to Gwyn but I dont believ she is the pygmy. Honestly Im not that convinced that the god of war is but as so much of the game there are no other options so I must go with the most likely of the 2.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:27 am

I will also add when the god of war lost his deific status he most probably became mortal again. Without the dark soul to sustain him/turn him undead he most probably would have died of old age.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:54 am

Yeah that is the part that kills my argument, that the Pygmy was forgotten, just like the God of War, how convenient.... I think I am starting to hate him, he is a complete troll!!!!! Everyone forgets him, he doesnt remember a thing, nobody mentions him anywhere in the game!!!!! LOL
    How about this... If the Firekeeper is bound to the Flame, it means she was alone in the Kiln, and everyone in Anor Londo was happy and celebrating the Age of Fire. Do you think everyone easily forgot about her???? That no one care about her, not even her own husband, because he was too busy maintaining the Order?

Another thing about the God of War, there is not a single miracle, weapon or armor that the God of War had used, that has to do with the power of the Dark (Occult, Dark Miracles, Dark Hand). The only things that he used are Sunlight Blade and maybe the Dragonslayer Spear and other Lightning Weapons, Robes of the Great Lord or Ornstein Armor, his ring that boosts miracles and maybe the Lightning Spears miracle, although he had only respect for arms.

The Firekeeper needed the power of Dark Soul to keep that Super Flame alive, if not, I think the Flame would consume her. I think that when she found the Dark Soul it somewhat became a part of her body ( Firekeeper Scar clue). Velka was a Witch, her miracles are Dark, her statues are in New Londo, her Weapons are Occult, Dark Ember, Large Flame Ember, Priscilla...everything makes sense.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 am

Ah what you need to remember is the flame of disparity was not just any bonfire. It may have allowed the firekeeper to move large distances from it. Even then there is nothing that says firekeepers cannot move away from their bonfires. We just never see any that do. Second if I remember rightly the kiln is actually a ruined city. There may also be other ways to reach the kiln through anor londo that the player does not see.

Velka does use al those dar things BUT she didnt use them before she turned to the dark. it was only after the first exstinguishing that she started using the power of the dark.

Velka's first soul would be very powerful. Remember that the flame was in existence before the lord souls were found. I thinkn Velka did something, some act of rebellion that birthed the flame and strengthened her soul, changed it into humanity. Also she was a goddess of sin. Even if she was the firekeeper she could have sinned by using the powers of the dark.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 pm

So I just noticed something very odd in the catacombs. You know how you push in one of those gizmos, like the one patches is next to, and it opens a wall up? The wall in the area above Vamos the Blacksmith. Well I was going down to make a Gravelord, and decided to actually examine said wall, and there are english letters on it. They are faded and the lighting is a bit off, but they are definitely english letters. I cannot read them due to my television screen being kind of small, but just thought this might be worth mentioning.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Tolvo, I tried to view the letters on my 37" 1080p HDTV and I think I noticed a 'P', but the rest were small 'lines' for me.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm

I know I saw the word glory, but that was all I could make out.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Also food for thought since it was mentioned in a recent video by Epic Name Bro and thought it might be an interesting subject. Darkroot being the ruins of Oocatile, given the magic presence, Dusk's appearance, the enchanted ember being there. Just thought I might bring it up.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Yeah it could be, their city was reduced to ashes long ago, so maybe with the passage of time the forest grew.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 pm

I sort of felt like it was an, "I'm a dumbass," moment. I guess it was because I never had much interest in oocatile, and once I saw the video I easily saw the connections. I'm not entirely sure still on it being the actual place, but it definitely does have connections.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 pm

I joined the Dragon Covenant today and was thinking why that damn Dragon has a bonfire, and has some kind of black fur, instead of stone scales. I also received the Dragon Eye and the head for the first time ( I had never joined them) and it says that the apostles used somw kind of rite for transforming into dragons. We already know that Velka is probably the mother of Priscilla, as the statues with the 'maiden' and a child are in both New Londo and the Painted World. It seems that the Occultists of New Londo were experimenting with Dragons (I think those female ghosts really have baby crossbreeds with lighting breath). So how about this

1. Velka was the First Firekeeper.

2. She abandoned her duties to keep the Flame lit.

3. She joined the Occultists of New Londo.

4. She was so obsessed with Dragons that she had Priscilla with Seath.

5. She found the way using the rites to transform into the Dragon of Ash Lake.

6. She still has 'Firekeeper abilities', lol, and she maintains the bonfire of Ash Lake lit.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Tolvo wrote:Also food for thought since it was mentioned in a recent video by Epic Name Bro and thought it might be an interesting subject. Darkroot being the ruins of Oocatile, given the magic presence, Dusk's appearance, the enchanted ember being there. Just thought I might bring it up.
    Tolvo wrote:I sort of felt like it was an, "I'm a dumbass," moment. I guess it was because I never had much interest in oocatile, and once I saw the video I easily saw the connections. I'm not entirely sure still on it being the actual place, but it definitely does have connections.
    Tolvo wrote:"The Darkroot Forest, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and farmers."-Tolvo
    ^^This just made me laugh lol

There are no facts to the matter of Oolacile being Darkroot, but items and descriptions are certainly leaning in that direction. I always try to imagine how the forest must have looked in its heyday, before the forest claimed it. Did Artorias have a part in the city way back then? And how was it reduced to ashes? Was it Dragons, Bed of Chaos, or perhaps Linking the fire?
    The Search for Lore  - Page 9 945058907 -may the great flames guide thee...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm

It seems likely that seath would have reduced it to ashes in order to acquire Dusk, then wipe out anyone else who knew the Oolacile sorceries so he would have an edge when he went up against the gods.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:28 am

You know what i think Velka is the narrator of the prologue. Also at 2:08 you see someone dressed in black wielding a sword who is not any of the three lords. I've already checked and they arent using Velka's rapier or wearing the black cleric robes so i dont think its Velka. It could be the god of war. The sword does look a lot like a silver knight sword though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 am

I'm pretty sure that is a silver knight wearing the skirt/robe version of their armor, you can see statues of them in Sen's Fortress.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm