Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
JohnnyHarpoon
Darkwolf
Seenblack
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Kenko
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
Quarik
PlasticandRage
14 posters

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing Empty Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 2:23 am

So I'm hunting for possible pendant nonsense in game, which really marks the first time I've looked anywhere other than the internet, and I'm noticing some stuff that I haven't heard discussed before and I thought I'd post some of my ideas and see if anyone has anything to add/reject.

I'm pretty sure the room at the end of Gwyndolin's hallway is Gwynevere's tomb. Has this been brought up before? The large stone thing at the end could easily be a coffin. It's the correct shape, has a bouquet of flowers resting on its lid, and a single chair is sitting in front, as if Gwyndolin were mourning at her grave. It would also go without saying that it's the appropriate size for her body.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing Empty Re: Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by Quarik Thu May 10, 2012 2:36 am

He mentions as you enter the fog that it's the "Tomb of the Great Lord Gwyn".
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing Empty Re: Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 2:38 am

He does doesn't he. Forgot about that. Gwyn's normal sized though. That's an awfully big coffin for such a little guy. Maybe he's compensating for something.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 10, 2012 2:44 am

It's been suggested that Gwyndolin and Hollow Gwyn are exceptions to the rule and that gods are mostly Gwynevere's illusion sized, and vice versa. I personally think Gwyndolin was unique, and that Gwyn burned off his godliness when he sacrificed himself to link the Flame. Let's be honest, Anor Londo is pretty giant sized, and I wouldn't want things 4x taller than myself being guards.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 10, 2012 2:45 am

Don't be confused by her illusion. I'm sure Gwynevere is not that big, maybe she's as tall as Gwyndolin and shorter than Lord Gwyn. I'm also sure that the tomb is the resting place of Lord Gwyn as Lord of Sunlight. I think that when Gwyn went to kindle the Flame, Gwyndolin made the tomb in representation of his father no longer being the Lord of Sunlight. The flowers could be left by Gwynevere when she left Anor Londo with the other gods. Gwyn's Firstborn left his miracle, and Gwyndolin watches over his grave because he is obsessed with the sun, the one thing he can't have, because he is a moon sorcerer.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 2:47 am

I think that logic makes perfect sense. Because it's suggested that Gwyndolin's form is someone unacceptable, despite the fact that he looks pretty normal, if not a little feminine. Also makes sense to me that Gwyn might no longer possess the visage of a God. He's really just an empty husk when you see him. Not a God at all.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 10, 2012 2:47 am

I think she probably is much larger than humans, but not necessarily to that degree. After all, Seath, Nito, and the Witch were all very tall/bulky.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 2:48 am

WyrmHero wrote:Don't be confused by her illusion. I'm sure Gwynevere is not that big, maybe she's as tall as Gwyndolin and shorter than Lord Gwyn. I'm also sure that the tomb is the resting place of Lord Gwyn as Lord of Sunlight. I think that when Gwyn went to kindle the Flame, Gwyndolin made the tomb in representation of his father no longer being the Lord of Sunlight. The flowers could be left by Gwynevere when she left Anor Londo with the other gods. Gwyn's Firstborn left his miracle, and Gwyndolin watches over his grave because he is obsessed with the sun, the one thing he can't have, because he is a moon sorcerer.

The logic of the flowers being left by Gwynevere would explain the symbolism of the single chair too. I'm convinced it means more than just having a place to sit.

It's also been suggested that Prescilla is Gwynevere's daughter, and scale-wise that makes sense in relation to Gywnevere's illusion
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 am

I have some crazy theories about Velka being the mother instead of Gwyny. I think Priscy is just that big because of Seath. You see, Seath and Velka have one thing in common, intelligence. Velka was a witch goddess, with her talisman and rapier scaling with intelligence, while having occult properties. Priscilla's Dagger has occult properties too (occult bonus). I think she fell in love with the genius of the Age of Fire, Seath the grandfather of Sorcery. Priscilla could be a result of an experiment between the two, in a conspiration to destroy the gods. It has being theorized that the gods fled Anor Londo because of Seath becoming mad, and that Gwyndolin is an ally of him (which also connects to Velka and her Darkmoon Blades).
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 3:49 am

How is Velka connected to the DM Blades? Or any of that really?

Not rejecting your theory. Just asking.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 10, 2012 4:18 am

Well Velka oversees the book of guilty which the Darkmoon Blades seek out to punish.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu May 10, 2012 4:27 am

WyrmHero wrote:I have some crazy theories about Velka being the mother instead of Gwyny. I think Priscy is just that big because of Seath. You see, Seath and Velka have one thing in common, intelligence. Velka was a witch goddess, with her talisman and rapier scaling with intelligence, while having occult properties. Priscilla's Dagger has occult properties too (occult bonus). I think she fell in love with the genius of the Age of Fire, Seath the grandfather of Sorcery. Priscilla could be a result of an experiment between the two, in a conspiration to destroy the gods. It has being theorized that the gods fled Anor Londo because of Seath becoming mad, and that Gwyndolin is an ally of him (which also connects to Velka and her Darkmoon Blades).

Lol so what I got out of that was every intelligent person in Dark Souls is out to kill the gods!

I like this1
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 4:28 am

Ooooo that makes sense. Velka oversees sin, the Blades punish it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 4:29 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:I have some crazy theories about Velka being the mother instead of Gwyny. I think Priscy is just that big because of Seath. You see, Seath and Velka have one thing in common, intelligence. Velka was a witch goddess, with her talisman and rapier scaling with intelligence, while having occult properties. Priscilla's Dagger has occult properties too (occult bonus). I think she fell in love with the genius of the Age of Fire, Seath the grandfather of Sorcery. Priscilla could be a result of an experiment between the two, in a conspiration to destroy the gods. It has being theorized that the gods fled Anor Londo because of Seath becoming mad, and that Gwyndolin is an ally of him (which also connects to Velka and her Darkmoon Blades).

Lol so what I got out of that was every intelligent person in Dark Souls is out to kill the gods!

I like this1

I could see how some people may be offended by this statement, but in a lot of ways the concepts of faith and intelligence are very much at odds. Not only in video games.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 10, 2012 4:42 am

Yeah, coincidence right? Also her miracles say that she was a rogue goddess, meaning she wasn't a normal goddess which would have qualities of divine, but instead of occult!!!
    Kenko
    Kenko

Post by Kenko Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 am

Hello (i am new to the forums i just couldnt keep not replyingggg bounce)
    what if velka is the crow? :o
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 am

I have a few thoughts on size of the gods. If you compare the Gwyn statue (O&S room) to real Gwyn they're pretty close. There's an "empty" spot for a statue that is elevated, meaning that person was a little shorter. Gywdolin uses illusions/trickery and ublug pointed out that there's a statue there, you just can't see it. So an invisible statue of a person shorter than Gwyn and likely family? Gwyndolin statue so that one would also be to scale. I surmise that the Gwynevere statue in that room (since the painting room is a little bigger I believe) would be Gwynevere's size. The Ornstein and Smough statues in the entrance to Anor Londo are also roughly scale so it seems to fit that statues in Anor Londo were meant to be realistic in most aspects. I also think the Anor Londo bedroom painting is the basis of the Gwynevere illusion and both are *ahem* exaggerated in certain aspects. It might make sense to make her larger than life for the Chosen Undead to meet. Regarding why the tomb is so big.......look at the Pyramids. Nothing but tombs that were meant to be bigger than the person it houses. Plastic, you mentioned Gywndolin looks pretty normal.....have you looked closely when he comes off the ground?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 am

"Hsss, I have a snake face"
    In the intro Gwyn looks just taller than his knights, thw witch looks as tall as her daughters and you see Nito's ful height. I'd say the gods (lord soul gods and their immediate family that is) were normal height which makes sense since they were basically humans that found super souls.
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm

My theory on Velka (Warning: Mass speculation incoming.) is that since her item descriptions tell that she is a "Rouge Goddess". Is it possible that yes she looks over the book of the guilty, but also punishes Gods/Goddess' herself? Seeing as her weapons (Including Priscilla because I do believe that Velka is the mother.) Deal Occult damage which are harmful to not only humans, but to Divine beings as well. (End speculations)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Really? He has a lizard face?

And welcome to the forums kenko. I think too much is described that Velka does for her to be the crow. Granted the crow does a lot, but I think all said and done it's just a big crow.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm

I was thinking about that crow yesterday when I began a new playthrough. The crows at Painted World drop souvenirs of reprisal. Snuggly gives you a souvenir for a pendant. Velka was a black haired goddess. Gwyndolin commanding the Darkmoons. The portrait of a maybe young Gwyndolin with a pendant....there has to be a connection!!!!!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Maybe Velka, and her followers, were somehow turned into crows for punishment for something? Maybe a magical experiment gone wrong? Could crazy Seath be somehow responsible?
    Kenko
    Kenko

Post by Kenko Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 pm

thanks fort the welcoming! Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing 945058907

i was about to say that the talisman is black also!!
    so that is why i think there was a connection betwen the crow and velka :PP
    i had already written a reply but i deleted it somehow sad
    i didnt know the crows dropped souvenirs of reprisal
    so maybe priscilla is indeed velkas child! with seath and velka betraying gwyn so she was turned into a crow. nah im jsut kidding i dont really know tongue

maybe the crow brought you to lordran to punish the gods >_<
    have anyone tried everything to kill the crow? :0
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm pretty positive the crow has a life bar. I think I've accidentally shot it with arrows before. Though haven't tried to straight up kill it. The description of Velka's talisman says it's made of Velka's hair too doesn't it?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Yeah that talisman is pretty awesome. Also I tried killing the crow but at like 1/8 HP left he/she flies away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:09 pm