Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 26 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Shkar Sat May 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I'm 95% certain you can be.

No, you can't. If you are in Andre's building/Firelink, you will not be summoned.

Now that is an interesting fact - I thought had tested firelink - I did not test
    Andre's location. Thanks for the nuggets of knowledge Shkar

I typically don't hang out in Firelink for long, so I might be wrong about that, but after a couple 10 minute waits in Andre's, I decided to stop trying to get summoned there.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat May 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Where ever you can be invaded, you can be summoned. So Andre and Firelink are no goes because they're area connections.

Spur that looks good, but don't forget that you can keep leveling your hunter. My hunter
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat May 19, 2012 3:07 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Where ever you can be invaded, you can be summoned. So Andre and Firelink are no goes because they're area connections.

Spur that looks good, but don't forget that you can keep leveling your hunter. My hunter

Great build cloud - you r truely a fire demon with all those fire pyros attacks. Plus ur dex is high
    enough to get them off quickly. Also ur 2 primary attack weapons do some serious damage. I love the eastern armor look - very agressive looking.
    I am going to start swaping it out with the paladin armor in future. One thing I
    have not be been able to deal with is wearing three heavy armor pieces - the
    -3 stamina penalty is too much for me. That is why I wear the hollow soldiers waistcloth - it has the
    best lb per poise in the game in my opinion. I am able to evade & move much better
    with -2 stamina penalty set-up.

Fight hard and die harder!!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat May 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Does the light crossbow fire/reload faster? I'm trying to minimize the zones I can be punished during.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 12:02 am

Rynn wrote:Does the light crossbow fire/reload faster? I'm trying to minimize the zones I can be punished during.

I believe it does, but if you do use one you will most likely want to keep it at +15 with Heavy Bolts. I tested a +5 Lightning and +15 with Lightning and Heavy Bolts, and the double lightning only did like 10 more damage. This was on the basic hollows in the Painted world (as in, the "step up from the asylum" zombies), and I believe they have like no lightning resistance.

Take that as you will.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 20, 2012 1:09 am

Shkar wrote:
    Rynn wrote:Does the light crossbow fire/reload faster? I'm trying to minimize the zones I can be punished during.

I believe it does, but if you do use one you will most likely want to keep it at +15 with Heavy Bolts. I tested a +5 Lightning and +15 with Lightning and Heavy Bolts, and the double lightning only did like 10 more damage. This was on the basic hollows in the Painted world (as in, the "step up from the asylum" zombies), and I believe they have like no lightning resistance.

Take that as you will.
    The lightning ones are only better if you're using lightning bolts. It's not much, but an average of 30 extra damage in PvP.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 1:57 am

Rynn wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

Take that as you will.
    The lightning ones are only better if you're using lightning bolts. It's not much, but an average of 30 extra damage in PvP.

I was only testing the Light Crossbow, so again I don't know how it pars up with the others. However, A +5 Lighting Light Crossbow only did like 10 extra damage (as opposed to a +15 Light Crossbow with Heavy Bolts) against an NPC with next to no elemental resistance. Make of that what you will, but it would probably do LESS damage then against a regular player (Switching the bolts (Heavy in lightning, lightning in +15) resulted in less damage, if you were interested.)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 20, 2012 10:21 am

so i have started invading on the forest with my new toon, it is only sl 20 yet, didn’t glitch so i only have standard (mostly) unupgraded equipment. i find it hilarious that i can get several BSs against the farmers, even if i don’t do any damage. my usual tactic is to poison them with dung and poison arrows and with for another hunter to appear, then i try to BS the phantom so that the other hunter can deal with the host alone.
    i will level up as i get more souls.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 20, 2012 11:18 am

Dual wielding my MLBFH's on my mage character I am against 4 people in the forest - host two phants and a red :/ Jackass, The red is running a BKGA - Jesus, how could I have guessed this from a ganker. This imba fight is turning out to be a s**tstorm, I pull my heater shield out of my arse and parry the BGKA MoM user - Riposte! thank you Hornet ring!! that fool is almost dead - he gets back up I poke him with my OH, then I run to the bridge pull my catalyst out and cast a WDB along there to give me some time to think - CSS! 900-ish damage to the phant, at least the host hasn't healed yet, WRONG! just as the second CSS hits and kills his phant I see the Golden glow of an estus :/ at least two are down now - I get BS'ed only have like 300 life left, but this has put me behind the Host and phant - I run to the Pharis Jump - BOOM! Im chillin with the Mushroom people Aww yeah! Phantom goes for the jump - makes it just as I kick him, he falls - I get more souls, well well well host - its just you and me bro - Idk why he didnt cast his SGS's TWoP earlier but he decides to now - at least I get off a SS to his face, and cast my CHSM - this discourages him for some reason - enough time to switch my Hornet ring for the RTSr - I begin to go on the offensive now his TWoP is gone - poking that little turtle, not so bad hitting some high damage through his shield - he goes to 2h, I pull out my shield - Hide behind it for a second poke him once - then BAM! Setup parry bro - how'dya like me now? Riposte through your Giants set, Sit down son!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 20, 2012 11:38 am

Sit down? More like get out the spatula. Gonna need to scrape him off the grass
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sun May 20, 2012 1:12 pm

I have a new way to help the forest hunters. I go in as a host! About half of them is terrible though. The other half gangs up on me. Strangely enough, no one is going for a BS. Must be because of the great scythe or my tendency to spam force.

Anyways, my hosting in the forest gives the hunters much needed break from all the gankers. My force spam can help them practice against wrath of god spam.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Great story amos, you're just going to town on those gankers!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun May 20, 2012 4:17 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Dual wielding my MLBFH's on my mage character I am against 4 people in the forest - host two phants and a red :/ Jackass, The red is running a BKGA - Jesus, how could I have guessed this from a ganker. This imba fight is turning out to be a s**tstorm, I pull my heater shield out of my arse and parry the BGKA MoM user - Riposte! thank you Hornet ring!! that fool is almost dead - he gets back up I poke him with my OH, then I run to the bridge pull my catalyst out and cast a WDB along there to give me some time to think - CSS! 900-ish damage to the phant, at least the host hasn't healed yet, WRONG! just as the second CSS hits and kills his phant I see the Golden glow of an estus :/ at least two are down now - I get BS'ed only have like 300 life left, but this has put me behind the Host and phant - I run to the Pharis Jump - BOOM! Im chillin with the Mushroom people Aww yeah! Phantom goes for the jump - makes it just as I kick him, he falls - I get more souls, well well well host - its just you and me bro - Idk why he didnt cast his SGS's TWoP earlier but he decides to now - at least I get off a SS to his face, and cast my CHSM - this discourages him for some reason - enough time to switch my Hornet ring for the RTSr - I begin to go on the offensive now his TWoP is gone - poking that little turtle, not so bad hitting some high damage through his shield - he goes to 2h, I pull out my shield - Hide behind it for a second poke him once - then BAM! Setup parry bro - how'dya like me now? Riposte through your Giants set, Sit down son!

Yet again a fine example of a hunter-killer putting in work. Infamous great job on the 4v1 - don't know how would have handle such a fight. I don't think I have the mental fortitude right now to work each of them over for kills. Man you have got to record bouts like that - I really need to see with these lying eyes of mine how you were able to separate the 4 to pull out the win. Your commentary was good but a vid would help us out greatly. Tell you what I just got my other Hauppauge HD PVR (not the gaming version) back from repairs and it should be 100% operational (have not tested it yet myself - plus I need to call the company to see what the fix was). Hit me with a PM on the forum and we can work out a beautiful deal Proper Bow - just let me know. Old Broke promises to give you a price that is almost a steal.

Good hunting!!

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Okay - thank you bro big grin
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Amos- That's pretty epic. I don't know why, but I never get in 1v3s or 1v4s. I'd almost relish a bit more of a challenge, but I'm afraid that my hunting skills may have gone to hell while I've been doing low level pvp.

Last edited by Quarik on Sun May 20, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 20, 2012 4:40 pm

I've had a few 3v1. Best I could do is take down the 2 phantoms before taking a killing hit.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun May 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Majikero07 wrote:I have a new way to help the forest hunters. I go in as a host! About half of them is terrible though. The other half gangs up on me. Strangely enough, no one is going for a BS. Must be because of the great scythe or my tendency to spam force.

Anyways, my hosting in the forest gives the hunters much needed break from all the gankers. My force spam can help them practice against wrath of god spam.

Majikero07 - thanks for doing some friendly hosting to give the hunters some practice. All hunters need practice against the various types of weapons and styles - the great scythe is excellent weapon for a hunter to go up against. I just recently fought a honorable 1v1 against camper who used a life hunt and I got my butt handed to me so suddenly :shock: by that almost 360 degree attack it was kinda funny. I had invaded him before and killed him with the help of the trents so I had that defeat coming to me. We became friends so now I get some good 1v1s against the life hunt for practice. I will have to post that vid.

Please continue hosting in the forest.

Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sun May 20, 2012 5:38 pm

I think I killed most of today's hunters at least once. Some of them manage to get a BS in my force spam.

Good god, I never knew how effective force was. It's so much better than wrath of gods.

I think they hate me now. They now taunt my dead body.

Do you know the average SL of Forest hunters? I keep getting 8k to 15k in souls. Solo hosting the forest will power level my Sunbro build to SL90 at this rate.

The variety of fights I get as host is so much better than when I'm the hunter. Too bad I have to kill Sif to move on.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Majikero07 wrote:I think I killed most of today's hunters at least once. Some of them manage to get a BS in my force spam.

Good god, I never knew how effective force was. It's so much better than wrath of gods.

I think they hate me now. They now taunt my dead body.

Do you know the average SL of Forest hunters? I keep getting 8k to 15k in souls. Solo hosting the forest will power level my Sunbro build to SL90 at this rate.

The variety of fights I get as host is so much better than when I'm the hunter. Too bad I have to kill Sif to move on.

that may not be the average. There's no level restrictions, but it DOES try to group you with people your level before it move son to the insane levels and such.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Those would be relatively low level Hunters. You should get 50% of what they need to level up so they're only in need of sixteen to thirty thousand to their next level. I would give you over 160k at level 207. I wouldn't worry about level in the Forest though. I get hosts from all over the place and level doesn't correlate with skill at all. And yeah, we love good hosts.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 20, 2012 6:29 pm

^at what time are you on? i host in the forest a lot but i haven’t seen you there, neither have i seen you when i invade
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Who me? Usually between 10pm and 1am US EST or -5 UTC
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 20, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm officially taking a break. And I'm making sure I stay on this break by lending my copy to a friend who lives far away. Good hunting guys, I'll still be on to read and keep up with the meta of the forest.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 20, 2012 11:23 pm

But without you the gankers will run free! The PS3 is losing its best hunters one by one!
    Have fun on your break! You'll slowly realise you cannot escape dark souls twisted
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 21, 2012 12:02 am

Oh I know that. But meditation and saving money for the coldsteel going out of business sale is top priority >_>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:18 am