Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 16 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Quarik Sat May 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Broke- Those two links are one and the same. The duels were great though.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat May 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Good duel broke. I would say build up your armory though. If I end up in a hunt with someone who's already seen all my current setup's tricks I switch my support/fallback weapon and my off hand weapon for something else. That way they're gonna fight me thinking I'm gonna try the same trick again, only to get a surprise when I switch my gear.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat May 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Oops - I guess I did post the same link twice getting old folks. I edited the old post with the correct link but here is the correct link to the 2nd video:

I simply refer to this fight "Turning lemons into lemonade".

https://youtu.be/FcHpuU9viN0

Enjoy.

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sat May 05, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat May 05, 2012 5:30 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Good duel broke. I would say build up your armory though. If I end up in a hunt with someone who's already seen all my current setup's tricks I switch my support/fallback weapon and my off hand weapon for something else. That way they're gonna fight me thinking I'm gonna try the same trick again, only to get a surprise when I switch my gear.

Yeah - I do switch up my secondary weapon - I mostly I use: BSS, Washing Pole, Silver Knight Straight Sword, or sometimes the DSS. It all depends on the mood I'm in. I have been invading with the pike mostly because I'm trying to get as proficient as possible with it - still working on the spacing to be able to hit and roll away if my opponent also has a reach weapon (unless I'm facing a DSS - I then go in for the kill with the Mura - fighting a DSS and trying to maintain your distance is suicide). The pike is beautiful if your opponent has short to normal range weapon since I can 2H attack and roll away with little risk of getting hit.

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat May 05, 2012 5:31 pm

I might start recording again and just upload the fights I get in this hour? what u guys think?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat May 05, 2012 5:33 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I might start recording again and just upload the fights I get in this hour? what u guys think?

Go for it - I record majority of my fights and just keep the interesting ones. I'm ready to see you get down on some campers twisted .

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 am

I felt sorry for a pair just now. It was hilarious. Invade and see the pair already running my way. Go to bearcat bridge (the one that overlooks the bridge to the hydra) and plant myself at one end. First guy stops before even coming infront of the bridge, so I wonder why. Then I see the host plunge attack and land a foot in front of me, right into a white dragon breath cast. He tries to flask so I just cast it again and kill him. And this whole time his sunbro is watching. Then I just CSS'd him as his master slowly faded away, killing him too.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 06, 2012 1:02 am

Trying dual Artorias swords tonight. One of each instead of dual cursed since I don't have enough demon titanite. Not going great so far.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun May 06, 2012 1:34 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Trying dual Artorias swords tonight. One of each instead of dual cursed since I don't have enough demon titanite. Not going great so far.

Skare - what is your stamina like on that toon? I have played around with the GSoA some but I have not done enough experimentation to find out how much stamina is eaten with 1H and 2H attacks. You would have decent blocking with the GSoA (Mura has the same defense res happy ) which is a plus. I would definitely like to see a vid once you have become proficient using dual-wielding the GSoAs.

Very good stuff.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 06, 2012 1:46 am

Hey broke do you have a mugen of tyour toon? Id like to see it. Also my newest toon folows the true way of artorias so is a forest hunter. Unfortunately at SL 60 even if I do my sneaky roll onto the bridge ledgeto buy some time I cant really kjill anything.
    Im also using the GSoA. At end 22 you get 3 2handed attacks and 4 (almost 5. Id say 1 more point of end would give you 5) 1 handed attacks.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 06, 2012 1:55 am

At 46 I get six one handed attacks . And murdered. This is harder than my Priscilla's dagger night

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Sun May 06, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 06, 2012 1:57 am

hmmm, Ill have to go back and check then. EDIT: At 23 end I almost have 5 1 handed attacks.
    Also Broke loved the second vid.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 06, 2012 2:58 am

Ok, final results for the dual Artorias idea.

It's a really really really bad plan. First some stories. For the most part I got my rear handed to me. I filtered one group of campers to the Alvina bridge and discovered that the stability is so bad a spear took me for a bad ride. I invaded this same group again and tried the bridge a second time but decided I needed to be aggressive. I made the host miss and nailed a backstab for almost 1000. The kick actually pushed him off the bridge on my screen but somehow he managed to get back on. Another hunter comes up while I start swinging wildly. With both campers boxed in we got the win. So then I invade another group later and see the host also dual wielding like I am. Killed the idea for me then and there. Immediately went back to my signatures.

So why does it suck? There's no benefit at all. Compared to one handing and shield use I noticed the speed is better with one sword only and you get the same amount of attacks and damage. If you wanna rely on the sword to block then two handing makes that equal to one in each hand but with better stun and damage. Essentially, if you're gonna go no defense just two hand the stupid thing. The experiment is deemed a failure.

Some good news though. I got my first sorcery kill. I led two campers into the woods after I had my skarequipment back on. Scared the host back with crystal soul mass. The phantom takes a scythe hit and backs way off. The host catches up again but by this time the trees are involved. The phantom starts clearing a couple while the host gets caught in the middle of the group near the cliff. I have no idea how much my soul spear did but between it and a tree or three he took over 800. A scythe hit later and the host flips off the cliff trying to get away. Whoops. The phantom gets free enough to find himself surrounded by tees and I helped harvest the phantom too.

Forgot to mention that the only dual wield victory I had I forgot to hit l2 so I didn't really even dual wield
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 06, 2012 3:15 am

Thats a bit disappointing. Though now I see why alot of people try to combine tank flipping with sorcery. Still doesn't mesh to well. I happy to say I can now completely scare a host into flasking, only to catch his back with a CSS.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 06, 2012 6:33 am

I've been thinking about fighting in the actual woods part of the woods. I always fight in the clearings, because if I roll into a tree or something I'm toast. On the other hand, though, it'd be more difficult for multiple enemies to maneuver and attack if they had to strafe around trees, and it could protect you from backstabs. Basically, is it better to cripple everyone involved or to keep everyone at 100%? I guess the alternative is learning the location of every tree and log, but even then, mistakes are all too common, and I know I would end up getting trapped with my Mura in storage (coined by me as a replacement for "with your pants down").
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 06, 2012 8:58 am

I still have to practice sorcery as a punishment for flasking. I stick more to clearings but have started working some in the trees. A quick dodge around a trunk can be very useful. Definitely try it out and see if it fits

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Sun May 06, 2012 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun May 06, 2012 11:12 am

DoughGuy wrote:hmmm, Ill have to go back and check then. EDIT: At 23 end I almost have 5 1 handed attacks.
    Also Broke loved the second vid.

@DoughGuy - thanks bro. That was a win I will always cherish - basically wins like give me the fuel to keep invaded forest. I think I'm going to use that vid as FH recruitment video - "Never give up even if the situation is grim". Those two campers were really punishing my butt in that vid. But at the end of the day I came out with a win and a new red phantom ally cheers .

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun May 06, 2012 11:29 am

Quarik wrote:I've been thinking about fighting in the actual woods part of the woods. I always fight in the clearings, because if I roll into a tree or something I'm toast. On the other hand, though, it'd be more difficult for multiple enemies to maneuver and attack if they had to strafe around trees, and it could protect you from backstabs. Basically, is it better to cripple everyone involved or to keep everyone at 100%? I guess the alternative is learning the location of every tree and log, but even then, mistakes are all too common, and I know I would end up getting trapped with my Mura in storage (coined by me as a replacement for "with your pants down").

@Quarik - I only voluntarily use 2 open spaces - the area near the cliff & trents and the long corridor area leading from the A. Gate and the cliff& trents. If you like open spaces use either of these when dealing with a gank since you can position yourself so you can only be attacked from one direction. Other than that I am all over the forest. If the host wants a 1v1 they should go up on the clearing on the hill in front of Alvina's (I always PM a host this when they complain I'm using the trents :roll: ). You should definitely use the trees, logs, bushes, etc for cover - learn the forest as best as you can. I have been saved from countless DSB, CSS, etc attacks by using trees to block. In the last 2v1v1 video I posted when I was getting my butt beat down - I miscalculated (I knew the log was there) the end of the log so I was trapped for a second (that is the reason I got hit by a Lightning Spear but the attack helped because it blew me to the end of the log and prevented the phantom from going to town with that shotel).

Take a couple of strolls through the forest in your own world to reinforce the layout - it will pay off when you are fighting campers. Just by being a hunter we should know the forest the best anyway since this is our home turf.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Quick two videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZVEtFg7tM&feature=youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBQdZT43fbA&feature=channel&list=UL
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun May 06, 2012 1:53 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Quick two videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZVEtFg7tM&feature=youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBQdZT43fbA&feature=channel&list=UL

Hey Infamous - the first vid is blocked in the US ( I will use my geolocation jumping trick to check it out later). Its probably because of the soundtrack you added to the vid.

You are very good with the binocs + Avelyn to harass campers at a distance. I bet campers are thinking "WTF?!! :shock: - how is he hitting me from that distance". I use a Lightning Avelyn but I only use it to help kill a dishonorable camper during a 1v2 - I love its stun & attack interruption ability when paired with lighting bolts twisted . Your parry + B Knife skill is also very good - a truly deadly combo(I think you are using the HR too).

Keep the vids coming everyone - they are great demonstration of tactics and are a good boost to moral.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Nahh i don't think I was using the Hornets ring xD but another vid will be on the way soon
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 06, 2012 2:18 pm

oh my bad - I was - that build was like SL40 I think
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon May 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Surprisingly, I've had a lot of duels lately at the forest. It's been refreshing. Though I'm always a bit suspicious and constantly waiting for that corrupted sunbro to appear behind my back. The forest isn't that bad. I think players just need a little bit different approach to it than with other pvp spots.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm not sure about DWGR rolls, but for medium rolls the sprinting kat r1 DESTROYS. It never misses a rolling target.
    Jotape
    Jotape

Post by Jotape Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Hey peoples, I'm new to both the forum and Dark Souls (just bought it like two weeks ago, but I'm completely hooked).

Just wanted to say I feel an inherent inclination towards FH and have been doing some PVP with the Cat ring. Just low SL (around 40) and with the build I was enjoying at the moment (Lightning Claymore, Wanderer's armor, high faith because I wanted to try out Sunbros, heh). I met with tons of farmers and gankers and, though I got a few wins, mostly just got the crap kicked out of me. Not complaining, because it was still good experience for me.

Anyways, just wanted to say THANKS to everyone who's posted tips on this and the earlier thread, as well as all your videos. I've been checking them out (Vageta's, EWGF's, Broke's, and, er, Toipe?) and I think I've learned tons. Really excited to put these tricks to work with a new character!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:35 am