Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
demonofelru
FruitPunchNinja
DoughGuy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Turin
Serious_Much
JoeBroski09
Artorias
Emergence
Chaos Spectre
Kaminari
User
WyrmHero
Yukon
skarekrow13
Uparkaam
Tolvo
NedroidPrime
22 posters

New interview for new content...

NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

New interview for new content... Empty New interview for new content...

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Well, the best thing I can say about this video is that the interviewer knows his DkS. Besides that it is with someone from the publisher, who really didn't look prepared for questions about Oolacile and such.

Still no word on console release, and apparently the new content will take place in the past.

Painted World and Darkroot Basin are the 2 areas mentioned where the new content will be though...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/additions-interview-dark-souls/729218
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

New interview for new content... Empty Re: New interview for new content...

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Good find Brother, still watching it but this is awesome!
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for sharing! happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Wyrm is going to **** bricks when he finds out there is going to be new Painted world Content. I know I'm looking forward to the Darkroot stuff. big grin
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:18 pm

I honestly have to say that the most surprising thing about the video is how good the questions were. I wonder if the guy visits here at all...

Say hello if you do. You did us all proud with this one!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Yeah I was surprised with that guys Knowledge of Oolacile, I though only us Archives Nuts would ask a question like that haha.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 pm

He raised a good question.

We know that time is funny in Lordran. So the comments about the content being in the past is a little confusing. The time it takes place shouldn't matter, in theory. This makes me worried that it will be content that is just pasted in with a warp or something, instead of making use of one of the sealed doors we have obsessed with for months.

I mean, if there is a time-warp mechanic added to make the content fit, then wouldn't said warp lead to a respawn of all bosses and big baddies?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Gotta watch it now......oh boy oh boy oh boy.....my two favorite places!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 pm

The questions this interviewers asks are probably confusing as hell to new PC gamers, one of the first comments I saw was one saying the blightown question was the best one. I really like that this interviewer ask questions that a souls fan would ask.

I don't think the guy being interviewed was ill prepared, he just is under pressure from his company to reveal as little as possible. You hardly ever see an interview where the guy doesn't say "well, I don't want to ruin it for you, so play to see." It doesn't suggest he doesn't know what he is talking about, but rather that they want to move copies so there is no logic in giving out all the information since curiosity will be a big reason for buying.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Yukon wrote:The questions this interviewers asks are probably confusing as hell to new PC gamers, one of the first comments I saw was one saying the blightown question was the best one. I really like that this interviewer ask questions that a souls fan would ask.

I don't think the guy being interviewed was ill prepared, he just is under pressure from his company to reveal as little as possible. You hardly ever see an interview where the guy doesn't say "well, I don't want to ruin it for you, so play to see." It doesn't suggest he doesn't know what he is talking about, but rather that they want to move copies so there is no logic in giving out all the information since curiosity will be a big reason for buying.

I didn't base my perception of him not being prepared based on what he said, but by his facial reactions when asked. I swear that he was clueless about Oolacile, just based on the face he made, it seemed to say "What the crap?"
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:54 pm

OMG IM GOING TO CRY RIGHT NOW!!!!!! My Lifehunters home will be expanded yessssss!!!!!!!!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:54 pm

I listened to it with a different window open :roll:

I didn't see his face lol. Though I did go back for the blight town question, because even I felt that punch in the gut the interveiwee must have felt. I never really had a problem with upper or lower blight town even pre-patch. I am sort of drifting to the idea that everyone is playing it up, or my eyes don't work at 60 FPS, and I just didn't notice.

Last edited by Yukon on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 pm

He coulda worded that one better. At this point I think most of us would be happy with a steady 30fps through all of Blight Town. There are a few places with slowdown for me on PS3, but BT is by far the worst offender. I have noticed that it depends on where you look, and how much you can see.

If they had used the lower detail models/textures from DS, I don't think the slowdowns would happen. But the textures in DkS are head and shoulders better than DS on the character models. Just look at the typical grunt in DS and a standard hollow in DkS. The Hollow has some depth to the textures, and more complex shading.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:01 pm

I don't think he was under informed enough about Oolacile.....he did look he was gonna drop a brick when he got asked that though. My take is that he was wasn't supposed to call it that name specifically and was surprised that the interviewer just dropped it. Like Tolvo said, the connections it takes to go from his comments about "well it happens in the past" to "Oh, you mean Oolacile?" means this guy is, like us, a super fan. I think the guy was throwing out vague hints to drive speculation and practically crapped himself when the interviewer nailed it in one guess.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I don't think he was under informed enough about Oolacile.....he did look he was gonna drop a brick when he got asked that though. My take is that he was wasn't supposed to call it that name specifically and was surprised that the interviewer just dropped it. Like Tolvo said, the connections it takes to go from his comments about "well it happens in the past" to "Oh, you mean Oolacile?" means this guy is, like us, a super fan. I think the guy was throwing out vague hints to drive speculation and practically crapped himself when the interviewer nailed it in one guess.

I like that thinking!

Now my mind is going ape with lore. Funny thing, this will be released 4 days before my birthday happy
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:17 pm

2 days after mine, so clearly FROM is directing it at me and not you. tongue
    4um bithday bash?!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I guessed it would take place in the past. Like a prequel of sorts, to find out what happens to the knights, I might think... heh.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:32 pm

guys, isn't it Tarkus, Oscar and the fire keeper, well, at least the clothes you get from her death at firelink shrine one moment in a cutscene? you think they knew the firekeeper somehow?
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I guessed it would take place in the past. Like a prequel of sorts, to find out what happens to the knights, I might think... heh.

Hmmm... O & S as NPC's? That could be kinda cool, or seriously messed up, lol.

Now that I think about it, could it be from the time when Gwyn left to kindle the flame? If so, that opens up soooo many lore possibilities. Think of it, we might know for sure who Ceaseless Discharge was, or how Sif fits with Artorias. Or the death of New Londo.

*blood spurts from nose*
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:38 pm

the clip used with tarkus and oscar (why do we call him that where did we find his name I keep meaning to ask) was in the trailers for the original game. Since we aren't really given cut scenes in the game, I kind think it was those two because they "look cool". The fire keeper also is seen weeping over a hollow corpse. who is dressed like Oscar isn't she?

I couldn't say Kaminari, but I just think it was for looks..
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:41 pm

It could be for looks. It's interesting though they have Oscar head out all noble like and he's the guy who helps you out of the Asylum and has his messages all over.

I would be stoked if it were in the past of the knights. Not necessarily for game play but because I wouldn't look so stupid for saying that I think Artorias is dead and in the ground under his sword big grin
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Oscar is essentially the generic player (almost exact same design as in Demon's) typically seen in Souls trailers. From what I have noticed, Souls trailers typically show nothing of the story (unless you know already), and just some "holy cow look at that" scenes.

No idea about the name, I have heard it used for the guy that drops the key in your cell, and the one that gives you the Estus.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 pm

And Artorias was related to PW muahahahaha Artorias armor for the Lifehunters huhuhuhu
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Okay, I thought it was something like that, just a generic name for the knight in both games. but it almost seemed like you guys found that name somewhere in the game and it always sent me looking but I could never turn it up.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Yukon wrote:Okay, I thought it was something like that, just a generic name for the knight in both games. but it almost seemed like you guys found that name somewhere in the game and it always sent me looking but I could never turn it up.

Don't take my word on it! I'm just drawing a conclusion from seeing the name everywhere. I am by no means on par with someone with Acidic.

Tolvo, could you provide insight?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 am