Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
demonofelru
FruitPunchNinja
DoughGuy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Turin
Serious_Much
JoeBroski09
Artorias
Emergence
Chaos Spectre
Kaminari
User
WyrmHero
Yukon
skarekrow13
Uparkaam
Tolvo
NedroidPrime
22 posters

New interview for new content...

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

New interview for new content... - Page 3 Empty Re: New interview for new content...

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-17-will-new-dark-souls-pc-content-be-released-as-console-dlc

im convinced this is all about PC sales and the dlc will be announced.

edit: it also confirms Miyazaki is director and overseeing this new content, for anyone who thought this might be produced by bamco.
    demonofelru
    demonofelru

New interview for new content... - Page 3 Empty Re: New interview for new content...

Post by demonofelru Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:46 pm

NedroidPrime wrote:Oscar is essentially the generic player (almost exact same design as in Demon's) typically seen in Souls trailers. From what I have noticed, Souls trailers typically show nothing of the story (unless you know already), and just some "holy cow look at that" scenes.

No idea about the name, I have heard it used for the guy that drops the key in your cell, and the one that gives you the Estus.

The guy that drops the key and the guy that gives you Estus is the same person.

Also, I know that the guide lists the character who does these things as Oscar.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:20 pm

His name is supposed to be Oscar. It was confirmed in the cut dialog. So, if you look at all the dialog that was cut from the game, which the Xbox version has, then you see that his name was at least SUPPOSED to be oscar.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:His name is supposed to be Oscar. It was confirmed in the cut dialog. So, if you look at all the dialog that was cut from the game, which the Xbox version has, then you see that his name was at least SUPPOSED to be oscar.

Are you saying that the 360 version is more fleshed out than the PS3? I find that hard to believe, since they came out at the same time, and PS3 has more disc capacity...
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:18 pm

I just heard that the Xbox 360 disc has the extra dialog from ENB, and he's preeeetty reliable. Though, he doesn't believe the guy's name is Oscar, even though ENB uses the cut dialog as a reference from time to time, though not heavily.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:19 pm

That's because ENB doesn't like to consider anything that isn't currently in the game to be a part of the Lore.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:20 pm

True. He just uses it for speculation.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:24 pm

It doesnt have extra dialogue its just the cut out dialog. PS3 has the same except you cant really access or hack that data
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:18 pm

So the cut dialog is accessible on the 360 and not PS3?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:27 pm

yep
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:38 pm

my friend showed me this and it made my heart sink a bit, hate to be the bearer of bad news but here goes...sorry guys.

http://www.360magazine.co.uk/interview/dark-souls-game-director-apologises-to-console-players/
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:45 pm

He said he doesn't have any news, not that it wont be released, yea my heart sank to when they released the pc version with NO dlc.. From pls choose a better publisher next time like atlus, they were amazing

Last edited by Artorias on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Atlus has always been awesome. Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen was one of the greatest games ever made
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:32 pm

TheTruth wrote:my friend showed me this and it made my heart sink a bit, hate to be the bearer of bad news but here goes...sorry guys.

http://www.360magazine.co.uk/interview/dark-souls-game-director-apologises-to-console-players/

You're inferring information that you shouldn't, based on the vacuum of information available; that's a dangerous and kind of stupid game to play.

The article seems to do the same thing; they're taking his quote (I cannot say whether this content will ever be available as DLC) and making it mean something it doesn't (no DLC ever.) He's very specific with his word choice, for a reason; it's a marketing trick. Drive up demand for the PC version, based on the perception of shiny new stuff. Then, probably simultaneous or staggered release for the DLC or patch, whatever they do (probably staggered. That'd make more sense.

Seriously, all this 'SKY IS FALLING NO DLC ZOMGBBQ' bullsh*t is getting on my nerves.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:44 pm

ak1287, i aggree with you about the marketing trick but never came to the conclusion that there would never be DLC for Console players. its upseting because the PC version will have the bonus content will the Console people will have to wait for who knows how long. it was some information that a friend had showed me and i felt it somewhat relavent to the topic. people can assume all they want that there will never be DLC , i on the other hand belive that Miazaki would not troll on us console players that hard. just give it time. New interview for new content... - Page 3 2707236321
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:57 pm

I don't see why the PC players seem to be saying that console players don't deserve the DLC. Without us buying the game there wouldn't even be a PC port... (I mean no offense to PC players, but the comments on the 360magazine article were quite inflammatory)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:26 am

Personally, I don't really care if there's a DLC or not, because I WILL get the PC version, and so will all of my friends in real life who play Dark Souls. But I think the console players definitely deserve it. I got it for console, and if I wan't also a PC gamer, I'd be demanding the console players get their content! And you guys should get your content!
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:48 am

http://www.change.org/petitions/dark-souls-dlc-petition
    Please sign guys!!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:51 am

Signed it and sent it to a few friends on Facebook! Haha!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Artorias wrote:http://www.change.org/petitions/dark-souls-dlc-petition
    Please sign guys!!

There are a few of these floating around. I think this is the third different one we've had here. At least that I've personally seen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 am