Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Share
    avatar
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-14

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Glueguy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:51 am

    Grey-Ronin wrote:
    Glueguy wrote:

    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm at work so I couldn't exactly fire up my ps3 and double check.

    I'm at work as well, but it has been one of those days where I just couldn't be stuffed working so have been posting on here all day. I have gotten completely zero work done and only have an hour till I head home. Great day at work in the end.

    ARE YOU ME?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH MY TWIN HAS RETURNED!!!


    _________________
    PSN: DoubleDuskDOTcom (Primary account)
    theglueguy (ran out of charater slots account)

    timff8
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-23

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by timff8 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:56 am

    I'm worried about using ring of FAP. I have a nascent fear that I will have to take it off for some reason...
    avatar
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-14

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Glueguy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 am

    timff8 wrote:I'm worried about using ring of FAP. I have a nascent fear that I will have to take it off for some reason...

    You have access to two per playthrough. So if you break it, you can trade snuggly, then if you break that one, it's pretty easy to get to lautrec to get another one even in ng+


    _________________
    PSN: DoubleDuskDOTcom (Primary account)
    theglueguy (ran out of charater slots account)
    avatar
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 77
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-02-20

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Grey-Ronin on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:59 am

    Glueguy wrote:

    ARE YOU ME?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH MY TWIN HAS RETURNED!!!

    If you live in Japan as well then maybe we are twins.

    timff8
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-23

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by timff8 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:59 am

    Have you ever had to take it off?
    avatar
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 77
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-02-20

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Grey-Ronin on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:04 am

    I)n my opinion, the FAP ring is easily the best ring in the game. The equivalent of the Cling ring in Demon's Souls. If you need to take it off then want another just send me a msg and I'll give you another one. I have so many on all my different toons it's not even funny.

    I've never HAD to take it off, but I have so many so I sometimes take it off when farming because I hate running slowly without the dark wood ring.
    avatar
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-14

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Glueguy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:19 am

    timff8 wrote:Have you ever had to take it off?

    I don't use it anymore but on my first few characters I really liked it. Never broke one.


    _________________
    PSN: DoubleDuskDOTcom (Primary account)
    theglueguy (ran out of charater slots account)

    timff8
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-23

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by timff8 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:22 am

    What do you use instead?
    avatar
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-14

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Glueguy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 am

    timff8 wrote:What do you use instead?

    depends on the character. Whenever i'm in doubt I grab cloranthy. The stamina regen stacking in this game gets obscene. The wolf ring is REALLY good. 40 poise for 0 weight. But it isn't good on every build. I'm about to make a gravelord who uses fog ring and slumbering dragon crest ring to be full stealth suprise attack.

    Other viable options:
    Tearstone rings are underrated but dangerous. 50% bonus to either defense or attack is pretty strong. And from what I've seen with the blue tearstone ring, it kicks in AS you get to 10% not after the attack that leaves you at under 10%. So if that works like I just stated, that means that it is going to regularly stop blows that would normally kill you because the defense kicks in.

    There are quite a few good magic rings. Bellowing dragoncrest comes to mind. +20% spell damage? I'll take that thank you! There is also one for 20% miracle damage if you are thinking of using lightning spears or WoG.

    If you are a backstabber or parry/ripsoter the hornet ring is ridiculous damage. Though some people consider it poor form.

    Point being that there is some great rings out there. Just because the large majority of people (who are not necissarily at all good) use FaP, Flip, and havel's in some combination doesn't mean it's the best.

    Every build has a risk vs reward factor. It also has a minimum required skill and a skill ceiling as well.

    We saw non stop flipping havel's wearing zaphanders when the game just came out because of this concept. It is low risk, medium reward. You are tanky as hell, mobile, and do decent damage. Plus if you mess up you have retarded defences and a big health pool so it was extremely forgiving. It needed quite low amount of skill to win +50% of your matches (against equally skilled opponents).

    Kinda got off topic there but it's something to consider when picking anything for your build, rings included. FaP ring gives you a number of great things for your character and generally lowers the risk factor your build has.

    Had to edit for spelling and clarity.


    Last edited by Glueguy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN: DoubleDuskDOTcom (Primary account)
    theglueguy (ran out of charater slots account)

    timff8
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-23

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by timff8 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:58 am

    Okay.

    So, would you say that for my build, kind of a generalist, that FAP would work because it too is generalist?
    avatar
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 77
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-02-20

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Grey-Ronin on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:11 am

    timff8 wrote:Okay.

    So, would you say that for my build, kind of a generalist, that FAP would work because it too is generalist?

    Gluguy gave some really good examples of other rings that can be usefully in various situations with different types of builds ie spell caster, backstabber..

    My Murakumo/Darkmoon build, while stats are spread pretty far, is predominantly a melee build with some miracles for utility and buffing. The focus isn't on casting so the casting rings aren't very appropriate. For melee builds with heavy weapons a high stamina is very important so you can swing weapons and dodge. Having high poise and being able to flip and move fast also helps greatly with melee builds. So if you plan on something similar (mainly melee) than the FAP ring is very appropriate.

    timff8
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-23

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by timff8 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 am

    Excellent, excellent.

    I am going to go to bed now (it's 3:20 AM here), so thanks everyone!
    avatar
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-14

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Glueguy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:38 am

    Yeah FaP is a great ring for your build. Sorry if I came off like it wasn't good. I was just merely trying to share that the game comes with a myriad of options and I wanted to bring up that your build has other options available too.


    _________________
    PSN: DoubleDuskDOTcom (Primary account)
    theglueguy (ran out of charater slots account)

    timff8
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-23

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by timff8 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:58 am

    Duly noted, sir. Thanks for all your help.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Quick help on my Murakumo build

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:53 pm